General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car tax query - FAO S2Martin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car tax query - FAO S2Martin?

Afternoon people

My car is due for a tax disc today, only I have sent the green part of the log book off to dvla and still waiting for the logbook to come back in my name.

I dont have the reminder either, is there any way I can get the circular bit of paper any other way?

Cheers

Old 01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

have you not a new style vosa mot?

if so, do it online
Old 01-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you have sent the log book off to change the keeper you should have kept the small yellow part (or green on old ones) and this can be used instead of the log book.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Clare
If you have sent the log book off to change the keeper you should have kept the small yellow part (or green on old ones) and this can be used instead of the log book.
as said, I sent the green part off to get a new log book in my name
Old 01-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So which part did you keep? (you know, the bit it tells you NOT to send off)
Old 01-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I had the same thing recently had to send of the green part to Dvla as they HADN'T received the v5 from the previous owner(so they said) and it took 8 weeks in total to get it back and the tax ran out during this period and ALL I could do was phone them up and they told me to drive it and it would be on record that I had notified them(taxed from the start of the month that the old one ran out)!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I presume that the V5 HASN'T come to him yet so DVLA tell you to send the green part to them and then you DONT have to pay the £19 fee for a log book in your name

Trending Topics

Old 01-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

... unless the V5 has been lost, of course!

Yer I will give DVLA a call and see what they say.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fudgeass
have you not a new style vosa mot?

if so, do it online

Dan,If the records haven't been updated(and knowing Dvla they haven't) the tax disc will be sent out to the previous owners address
Old 01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You never said the V5 was lost in your original post.

You can see if their records have been updated by doing a vehicle check. It´ll tell you the date of the last change of keeper.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

How to tax your vehicle if you do not have any documentation
If you have just bought the vehicle and do not have a V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2, you cannot tax your vehicle until you have a registration certificate (V5C) in your name. You can apply for a registration certificate using form V62 (fee applicable). DVLA aim to deliver the registration certificate within six weeks. When you receive your new registration certificate, you can then tax your vehicle.

If you are the current registered keeper of the vehicle and have no documentation, you may be able to tax it at any DVLA local office. You should complete form V62 (fee applicable) as well as form V10 or V85, and enclose the appropriate rate of vehicle tax and other supporting documentation. If you have changed your name and or address you will need to provide proof of identity with your application. Acceptable evidence is a current driving licence, original bank or building society statement, or a recent utility bill. If your name has changed acceptable evidence is a marriage certificate, decree nisi or absolute or deed poll.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:45 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this problem a while back and it was impossible for me to tax the car. Had to borrow a car for six weeks until the V5 finally turned up!

This is not the first issue I have had with the DVLA, and I think they are SHIT with a capital S!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

They told me over the phone that I would be able to tax the vehicle at a DVLA local office.

I took an afternoon off work, went to the DVLA local office, paid to park, waited an hour and 45 minutes and was then told that I couldn't tax it with the documentation I had! I was not impressed!

I've since had issues with them regarding the tax on my Cosworth after the plate change and all they kept doing was sending me round the houses, I ended up explaining my situation to three different people, all of whom gave different answers.

And one more annoying thing, it's impossible to contact your local office by phone, the only was you can do it is by letter! Are we back in 1920's or something!

The DVLA are a joke! And not a funny one at that!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Just called them, the logbook is being processed in my name but could take about another 10 days, and it is 100% illegal in every way shape and form to drive a car without showing a valid tax disc. Even if you have notified the pope.

Great.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu.H
Just called them, the logbook is being processed in my name but could take about another 10 days, and it is 100% illegal in every way shape and form to drive a car without showing a valid tax disc. Even if you have notified the pope.

Great.

I bet IF you phone up again in a few mins SOMEONE THERE will tell you something different well I NEVER got a fine for doing it and that's FACT not pub talk!

ps one thing that DOES bug me they FAIL to give their surnames if asked they just say WERE not allowed too so you CAN NEVER get back to the same person you spoke to and then you have to go through it ALL over again after waiting maybe 10-20 mins on hold etc!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Great.

It's crazy mate, and bloody frustrating too!

I can't see why they don't let you drive it on the proviso that you'll get a tax disc starting from 1st December as soon as the V5 arrives, that would be the logical thing to allow!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:06 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Alvyn

Great.

I bet IF you phone up again in a few mins SOMEONE THERE will tell you something different well I NEVER got a fine for doing it and that's FACT not pub talk!

ps one thing that DOES bug me they FAIL to give their surnames if asked they just say WERE not allowed too so you CAN NEVER get back to the same person you spoke to and then you have to go through it ALL over again after waiting maybe 10-20 mins on hold etc!
Damn right mate, their phone service is shit! Sometimes the option you want doesn't even exist and you just get cut off!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

oi oi!!!

fucking hell man you should of just let me tax it before you sent off the log book also slippery you had the full logbook and the reminder ages ago

Martin
Old 02-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

DIDNT HAVE THE REMINDER

Man u fooked me over good and proper didnt u

Only jokin, top motor, just fookin dvla scum wont let me tax it so borrowing a car

Ah well

Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

DIDNT HAVE THE REMINDER

Man u fooked me over good and proper didnt u

Only jokin, top motor, just fookin dvla scum wont let me tax it so borrowing a car

Ah well

how many breakdowns you had compared to me????

Can you not fill that form out in the post office anymore that lets you get the tax there and then??

Meant to ask on msn as well whats happening with the s2 Stu?

Martin