General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

gears of war

Search this Thread

Old 20-11-2006, 03:27 PM
ricky
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gears of war

what do u think of it ,on xbox 360 any body got it yet
Old 20-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Read a review of it: Amazing graphics but the gameplay isnt all that as it soon develops into a take cover and pick people off game. I havent played it myself though so I cant really comment
Old 20-11-2006, 09:57 PM
se mk3 cabbie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Old 20-11-2006, 10:18 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Keith B
Read a review of it: Amazing graphics but the gameplay isnt all that as it soon develops into a take cover and pick people off game. I havent played it myself though so I cant really comment
You can only do that early on in the game as the various enemies rush you while the other enemies send covering fire, and the tougher enemies have RPG weapons that can kill you if you stay in the same place to long.

It is a top notch game, the AI is the best I have ever seen in any game.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:29 PM
s1kid
PassionFord Regular

Top Quality HD Rocks
Old 20-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Muska

as said above the AI is excellent, the story for the single player game seems a little thrown together but te graphics are amazing, like nothing else on the xbox 360.
Unfortunately, online it is utter shite. it takes far too much firepower as much to close range to kill someone, and problems with lag just see you cut to ribbons by someones chainsaw when they had their back/side to you.

To summerise, its not all i was hoping it would be, but the graphics and the single player game are worth the £35 that blockbuster are asking. chances are you could get more than hald that back trading it in at gamestation or game.
Old 21-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Chris Honeywell

Originally Posted by Muska
as said above the AI is excellent, the story for the single player game seems a little thrown together but te graphics are amazing, like nothing else on the xbox 360.
Unfortunately, online it is utter shite. it takes far too much firepower as much to close range to kill someone, and problems with lag just see you cut to ribbons by someones chainsaw when they had their back/side to you.

To summerise, its not all i was hoping it would be, but the graphics and the single player game are worth the £35 that blockbuster are asking. chances are you could get more than hald that back trading it in at gamestation or game.
Well said m8 i bought it just for the online play and i aint happy
lets hope the release some updates sometime soon
Old 21-11-2006, 06:58 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i played it on my mates high def 37 inch tv, with a few mates and some beers on thursday and thought it was really good.

the perspectave was driving me mad though, it takes a while to get used to the fact the character your playing is aklways in view and often gets in the way of what you are trying to look at.

awesome graphics though

Old 21-11-2006, 09:01 AM
stonehavencossie

Differrent aint it but not quite as grounbreaking as i thought.

After getting used to the view i quite like the cover and shoot process. Allows you yo see much more around you and does get past some of the limitations of not having a keyboard and mouse.

Online play is enjoyable but yes its so hard to kill someone from range. If this is not addressed ill go back to COD3.

Aint actually bought it. My mate took it round and left it. He's away to africa for 6 weeks now