General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

has Madrod changed his user name

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I understand Rod, no worries, my misunderstanding
Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Redkop
I've met Rod loads of times and always got on well with him and we always have a chat. Some people in real life, can be hugely different to their internet personnas (you only have to look at Phil for that)

A lot of the time I'm not sure whether Rod is deadly serious with what he posts or is just taking the piss for a reaction, either way he does manage to rile people.

I don't like the way he and other MADettes try to make the MAD camp something elitist and they do go a long way to making people dislike them and IMO I think this could result in having an adverse effect on Mark for any future customers. Customers of any tuner should not demean anyone else's car for using a different tuner.
Agree with that 100%

I have met Rod on several occasions and found him to be a nice guy.

Understand perfectly the irony of the name change - Quality
Old 09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pennywise
Make's me laugh..

How many have actually met Rod?
I HAVE he's normally eating chips

Top bloke, top car
Old 09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope to still see you at the meets Rod.

You can wear a disguise if you dont want anyone to know who you are

Elves fit right in at this time of year
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

a set of stilts and a wig maybe.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by lead_foot
a set of stilts and a wig maybe.
Needs to remember to leave the meets at less than 206mph though or it might give the game away
Old 09-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

cossiegiant

Oh the irony!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Much of what Lyne said is true- wise words .

This site was my main contact with the Ford crowd. Im 61 & live a different lifestyle to the guys on here. I don’t ‘do’ track days, only one Ford show last year & aint into boozy trips to the ‘Ring’ etc. The Berks PF Meet I attend each month never talk about the Forum or rarely cars, it’s a diet of sex, booze , Chips weight & Aprils S**t.
This is the Internet & a totally not real life, the more people ‘bite’ the more I totally wind them up. Only one guy has ever upset me on here & we dealt with it via PM not on the board.

However two days ago my own son told me that it may be effecting Mark, something I had never even considered. When Mark is asked why he cheats on the Dyno you realise what ‘snide’ remarks on here can do.

Mark is a personal friend of mine & his companies well being is paramount.

I walked away immediately to stop it in its tracks, I also advised other MADettes to back off.
I did not realise my new user name could be traced like this, its Sad the people have to go to the trouble to find my new user name, very Sad indeed - it was below the belt & that’s low in my case.

Love me, Loath me, the Cossie Topspeed record is now on the map ‘Try google’.

Admit I chase figures , (used to be women, now cars) the next Target is 215mph & also the Veyron. 0-186 (300kph) in 18.4s yep! got to beat that, 19.43 at the mo so it looks on.

Most of my Knockers are the ‘Track boys’ I would not & never have commented on their efforts cos I don’t know if they are doing well or not, they all sound the same ‘Whoosh’ then wait another 3mins for it to happen again & no one mentions any times, so how do you know whos doing well, beats me, however when my son came home & said Dingy was ‘peddling it’ today dad , I came on & congratulated him, cos he had apparently set some good times.

Im sure I will be around, perhaps after I retire in March - My new engine should be very special & its Graph will be published on one of the other Forums I use maybe the Lancer Forum.
I would also like to send a team to Totb for instance cos i dont think PF should represent the Ford name it’s a Forum not a club.
And yes if I can do that my car will be taking part.
Well that’s about it
Rod
Old 09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Rod, just to point one thing out, Martin didnt go "sniffing you out" or anything, its actually VERY obvious that your name had changed, when i go into my PM box now for example i have a load of PM's from "cossiegiant" which I didnt have before so it was very obvious to me as well.

I think you should stay on here but ban yourself from mentioning MAD much

Wether certain people like it or not, your car IS interesting to many many people within the scene so i hope your graphs appear on here, if Mike or someone wants to start crying his eyes out cause they arent from his chosen TUV approved dyno then thats fine, the 215mph should prove the figures are correct to anyone with a brain, which actually includes Mike anyway so if he wants to post up stuff that even he himself must realise is bollocks then just let him, all of us on here who know a bit about engines realise that the fact your car goes from 0-180mph in a mile speaks volumes about the "area under the curve" anyway so it doesnt need saying, just report stuff back and dont get involved in the banter so much
Old 09-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Rod, i cant believe that i FORGOT your old posts would all also change names to the new one, i should, with hindsight, have made you a totally new account. Sorry.

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Rod, just to point one thing out, Martin didnt go "sniffing you out" or anything, its actually VERY obvious that your name had changed, when i go into my PM box now for example i have a load of PM's from "cossiegiant" which I didnt have before so it was very obvious to me as well.

I think you should stay on here but ban yourself from mentioning MAD much

Wether certain people like it or not, your car IS interesting to many many people within the scene so i hope your graphs appear on here, if Mike or someone wants to start crying his eyes out cause they arent from his chosen TUV approved dyno then thats fine, the 215mph should prove the figures are correct to anyone with a brain, which actually includes Mike anyway so if he wants to post up stuff that even he himself must realise is bollocks then just let him, all of us on here who know a bit about engines realise that the fact your car goes from 0-180mph in a mile speaks volumes about the "area under the curve" anyway so it doesnt need saying, just report stuff back and dont get involved in the banter so much
Total post echo'd by myself. Stick around fella, cos the MAJORITY of us are happy to read what you have to say.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:11 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Agree with chip and stu
Old 09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

ok ! didnt realise thatt no probs then Martin.

By the way Chip we have seen 200mph in the mile, 180 is at the 1/2 mile point.
Remember we hold the Cossie standing mile record at 193.7mph set in the 'pouring rain' at the last Daddy Thrash, dont expect thats been reported before as its shite & not representative of how the car goes.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by cossiegiant
ok ! didnt realise thatt no probs then Martin.

By the way Chip we have seen 200mph in the mile, 180 is at the 1/2 mile point.
Remember we hold the Cossie standing mile record at 193.7mph set in the 'pouring rain' at the last Daddy Thrash, dont expect thats been reported before as its shite & not representative of how the car goes.
Rod, i actually meant to type "half a mile" apologies for that.

Its the figure i normally quote to people when they ask me about how quick your car is in fact as i think that more than anything else demonstrates just how relentless the accelerative onslaught actually is
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by cossiegiant
However two days ago my own son told me that it may be effecting Mark, something I had never even considered. When Mark is asked why he cheats on the Dyno you realise what ‘snide’ remarks on here can do.

Mark is a personal friend of mine & his companies well being is paramount.
I'm glad you wrote that, as I thought that would have been a priority, considering how close your relationship is with Mark.

I suppose it's very easy to forget just how representative of a company you become, but even more so when you lot advertise that MAD thing on cars, in names on here, in the context of posts etc....

Not a dig at all - just surprised this point wasn't brought up sooner.

Quite a funny name change though....
Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Rod

Im sure I will be around, perhaps after I retire in March - My new engine should be very special & its Graph will be published on one of the other Forums I use maybe the Lancer Forum.
I would also like to send a team to Totb for instance cos i dont think PF should represent the Ford name it’s a Forum not a club.
Well that’s about it
Rod
Look forward to see the graph if it's on MLR.

Gotta correct you though PF doesn't represent/support/sponsor the Cossie team for TOTB. Just because Mike organises it and is a trader/moderator/whatever on PF - it's cossie owners from RSOC and whatever other cossie forums there are. Albeit Mike doesn't post about it on any other bbs, which I have always thought wrong, to just post it on PassionFord only as it does give out the wrong impression that it's solely a PF related team. I know people who only post on RSOC or TurboSport and not PF, so they could be totally oblivious to the fact Mike tries to get a team together and arranges trials.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Redkop
Rod

Well that’s about it
Rod
Look forward to see the graph if it's on MLR.

Gotta correct you though PF doesn't represent/support/sponsor the Cossie team for TOTB. Just because Mike organises it and is a trader/moderator/whatever on PF - it's cossie owners from RSOC and whatever other cossie forums there are. Albeit Mike doesn't post about it on any other bbs, which I have always thought wrong, to just post it on PassionFord only as it does give out the wrong impression that it's solely a PF related team. I know people who only post on RSOC or TurboSport and not PF, so they could be totally oblivious to the fact Mike tries to get a team together and arranges trials.

Lazy CUNT Rainbird

Mike needs replacing then IMHO

Old 09-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AlexF

Rod,

Hope you keep coming to the meets matey

Alex
There really is no reason why he shouldn't come to the meets, if any of these wankers actually met him they wouldnt say fuck all, like i have experienced in the past
Rod's a nice bloke, like he said, he puts his car where his mouth is, who wouldnt if they had his car or a car as fast as his
He is a genuine bloke, all he gets its pleasure when everyone gets wound up and calls him all sorts
Shame that he is being called every name under the sun when he's achieved more than all of you lot on the ford scene
Old 09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Mike Rainbird has also changed his name to:

Harveys Ring Piece

Old 09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man

Harveys Ring Piece

Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harveys Ring Piece

Rofl

Genius Phil
Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Harveys Ring Piece

Thats actually funny on many levels
Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rod,

As a fellow MADette, I wish you all the best obviously. See you tomorrow
Old 09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Rod,

As a fellow MADette, I wish you all the best obviously. See you tomorrow
Shhh, dont mention the M word
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Jasesapphy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Harveys Ring Piece

Must admit the only reason i sometimes log on is to see what you have posted

Gets me through the day
Old 09-11-2006, 01:06 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by april
Originally Posted by AlexF

Rod,

Hope you keep coming to the meets matey

Alex
There really is no reason why he shouldn't come to the meets, if any of these wankers actually met him they wouldnt say fuck all, like i have experienced in the past
Rod's a nice bloke, like he said, he puts his car where his mouth is, who wouldnt if they had his car or a car as fast as his
He is a genuine bloke, all he gets its pleasure when everyone gets wound up and calls him all sorts
Shame that he is being called every name under the sun when he's achieved more than all of you lot on the ford scene
some people have a fast car to enjoy for themselves, rather than having to prove anything.

I know everyone harps on about Phil not proving his, but why should he? he has a car for himself to enjoy.

I was down at TurboSystems a few years ago (crikey, 4 years ago!!) and he had various customers cars having big power conversions at the time. iirc, they were for anonymous people as they wanted them for their own enjoyment.

not a dig at rod btw
Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

OMG if you want to bitch get a wife
i hope i have the motivation at rods age that he does !!
dont think i will get the record though !!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:54 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i hope i have the money at that age to do what rod have done
Old 09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cant believe some wankers have actually lead him to have his account deleted it's really really pathetic
Rod, if you read this, you know that all us lot at the Berks meet have upmost respect for you and we do hope that you continue to attend
Old 09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

@ Rod's account deleted.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Stick around Rod. Yes ive had a dig at you before but only cos youy were being a grumpy old 'stuck in your ways stubborn as a mule' fart

Done leave Pf cos of individuals
Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

I like the way Rod winds people up without them even knowing at the time ...he certainly gets them biting and its amusing to read

I can't believe some of the thoughtless comments and name calling ..totally out of order and uncalled for IMO If you've actually met Rod, then you'd be typing something similiar to me or what the others that have met him have!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

tbh Rod may well be a really nice bloke in real life, but his internet persona leaves a lot to be desired. Ive never seen anybody come out with the same line over and over again, " well once youve done x amount of speed then you can say youve got a fast car " or " if your car has done 200mph youve got the right to say its fast" etc, its always the same reply in anyones thread.

Fair play on getting such a good top speed, but why be so critical of others and put every single person down who isnt in your " click" ?

Its distinctly monotonous and very irritating when other members merely mention a race or having beat so and so's car to be retaliated with such childish comments, coming from a 61yr old man who blatently should know when to keep his mouth shut.

Sarah
Old 09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
tbh Rod may well be a really nice bloke in real life, but his internet persona leaves a lot to be desired. Ive never seen anybody come out with the same line over and over again, " well once youve done x amount of speed then you can say youve got a fast car " or " if your car has done 200mph youve got the right to say its fast" etc, its always the same reply in anyones thread.

Fair play on getting such a good top speed, but why be so critical of others and put every single person down who isnt in your " click" ?

Its distinctly monotonous and very irritating when other members merely mention a race or having beat so and so's car to be retaliated with such childish comments, coming from a 61yr old man who blatently should know when to keep his mouth shut.

Sarah

You obviously aint read this thread properly
Old 09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Rod's my hero - when I'm older, I want to be on the internet winding up children

Anyway, where does it say his account is deleted? So he can give out stick and not take it? As bad as Dingy then
Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

I think alot of you who are slagging him off are missing the obvious and if you stop and think about what i am about to type you will totally understand.

The thing is, when you have such a large amount of success in what you do weather it be your job, career, family, etc it does cause a certain amount of arrogance & confidence. Because once you get good at something you start to get cocky and believe you know better than others, it's human nature, we all do it some more than others. It's what forces us to do better the next time round, especially if you are competitive.

So my personal opinion is that Rod is only guilty of being successful in what he has done with cosworths. He is clearly proud of his achievements and also feels very loyal towards Mark, which sometimes can have a negative effect. But he seems to have realised that and fair play to him.

Rod, your car is Legendary on the cosworth scene and that will always remain. End of
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

i got kicked of pf for 24hrs cos of rodney..

cheers mate, gonna realy miss you
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

[quote="RichardPON"]Rod's my hero - when I'm older, I want to be on the internet winding up children

this has to be the funniest comment i've read in days

Quick Reply: has Madrod changed his user name