General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

That Police Shooting In New Romney.....Discuss.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 PM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That Police Shooting In New Romney.....Discuss.

Wondered what your thoughts were on it?

It appears that the copper that shot Jean Charles de Menezes also shot the bank robber this morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6108530.stm

Seems the police are in a no-win situation and it gets on my tits that they are so over critisied for doing their jobs in this instance
Old 02-11-2006, 05:46 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Default cop shot

Not too much to say on this one apart from the five o are best off at arms length, can kill people and get away with murder, not the first time and certainly won't be the last

Luciano
Old 02-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another scumbag off the street

This would be a different topic if the scumbag shot a bank employee and killed him/her.

Maybe these idiots who "think" they can get away with armed robbery's will think twice!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:54 PM
UBster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

My thought's are

An ARMED robber got shot and we still can't stop bitching or complaining, god its GOOOD to be British
Old 02-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Dan B
Advanced PassionFord User

Another scumbag off the street, who won't be going to a "holiday-home" prison where our taxes ensure he gets to watch satellite-TV every day and waltz around, apparently in some strange form of rehabilitation that's a better quality of life than some people actually experience outside of prison.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:04 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

A criminal got shot while commiting an armed robbery! Whats wrong with that? Saves him getting away with it, and maybe the next time he would have shot someone!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:52 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

twat deserved everything he got imo

and who gives a fuck if it was the same bloke who killed that other fella...

Trending Topics

Old 02-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: That Police Shooting In New Romney.....Discuss.

Originally Posted by BillyCabrio

It appears that the copper that shot Jean Charles de Menezes also shot the bank robber this morning.

Seems the police are in a no-win situation and it gets on my tits that they are so over critisied for doing their jobs in this instance
Menezes shouldn't have been here, his Visa had run out. He was told to stop when cornered and didn't. He got shot.

Armed robber gets shot. If he wasn't holding a bank up he wouldn't have got shot would he.

Copper doing his job and protecting the public in BOTH instances. What's the fuss ?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:01 PM
scottbrown

Originally Posted by Mr S1

Menezes shouldn't have been here, his Visa had run out. He was told to stop when cornered and didn't. He got shot.

Armed robber gets shot. If he wasn't holding a bank up he wouldn't have got shot would he.

Copper doing his job and protecting the public in BOTH instances. What's the fuss ?
nail on the head.

all scum should be lined up and shot!
If you carry a gun you have to be prepared to be shot at, he was an "armed" robber so deserves what he got
Old 02-11-2006, 07:05 PM
NEO™ŽŠ
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by scottbrown
Originally Posted by Mr S1

nail on the head.

all scum should be lined up and shot!
If you carry a gun you have to be prepared to be shot at, he was an "armed" robber so deserves what he got

spot on if he werent doin what he was doin he wouldnt have got shot you cant wander round robbin places at gun point expecting to get away with it, copper did his job imho
Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This armed robber got instant justice. His case was heard, sentanced and served in less than a few seconds.

Maybe this will serve as a lesson to other "wanna be" armed robbers, but i doubt it, because for every 1 armed robber that is foiled / caught theres 10 that get away with it, or get light sentances
Old 02-11-2006, 07:18 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad the aremed robber got shot. And fuck Jean Charles de Menezes. He had a rucksack on, was asked to stop but still run away from an armed officer. I dont give a shit weather he can or cant speak English. If i was in China and an armed copper started pointing his gun and shouting at me, i would stop on the spot.

Bollocks to this do-good society we live in. Bout time some of the scumbags that make this country unsafe got what they deserved
Old 02-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Glad the aremed robber got shot. And fuck Jean Charles de Menezes. He had a rucksack on, was asked to stop but still run away from an armed officer. I dont give a shit weather he can or cant speak English. If i was in China and an armed copper started pointing his gun and shouting at me, i would stop on the spot.

Bollocks to this do-good society we live in. Bout time some of the scumbags that make this country unsafe got what they deserved
I couldn't have worded that any better myself well said that man
Old 02-11-2006, 07:35 PM
dave_si

Spot on
Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

AH FUCKING MEN
Old 02-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

copper shoots someone who later turns out to be innocent and there's a national outcry... thats gotta fuck with your head somewhat?

the fact that that bloke can return back to work and still do his job (proven now!) is a good thing! restores my confidence in the police somewhat! these firearms lot are very professional!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

As said by Jim, the fact that the guy has the mental stability to come back to work and perform his job to the best of his ability is simply amazing.

As for the robber, you get a gun, go into a bank and then try to rob it, what do you expect when the police get there? a 7 day wonder?

As for the Menezes, well what can you say? He was running away from police after a massive nationwide attack on our country. As said above, if a foreign police officer was pointing a gun at me I would shit myself and stop. There's no excuse really, he was innocent, wrong place wrong time.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Default shooting

I can't understand why so many people on this site love the five 0, where i come from they are the enemy and i was always ducking and diving from them as a kid,

when you lot on here are getting done by em for driving offences you all cry blue murder and moan like fuck, but when the shoot people dead you all come on line and support the fact,

within reason and there are some things i don't find acceptable but i don't give a fuck what anybody does, the death sentance was abolished years ago in this country

Luciano
Old 02-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Default Re: shooting

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
I can't understand why so many people on this site love the five 0, where i come from they are the enemy and i was always ducking and diving from them as a kid,

when you lot on here are getting done by em for driving offences you all cry blue murder and moan like fuck, but when the shoot people dead you all come on line and support the fact,

within reason and there are some things i don't find acceptable but i don't give a fuck what anybody does, the death sentance was abolished years ago in this country

Luciano
They're doing a job - and if that job involves protecting gthe general public then whatever force is required is fine and dandy with me. If you're driving pissed or like a twat and get nicked then it's your own fault but it isn't 'our' fault that some extremist wanker gets on a bus and blows it up surely ? I freely admit alot of the Old Bill are fucking jobsworths these days, nicking people for doing 42 on an A road with no houses or schools with a 40 limit - agreed - when they should be out catching arseholes who mug old ladies, kiddy fiddlers and all the associated dirty shitcunts in those categories but sorry, the cases stated above are fairly cut and dried in my book.

as for the death penalty - bring it back. These days DNA proves whether someone is guilty and if these sex offenders knew they'd get the noose instead of 18 months things would be alot different.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 PM
jamesw
PassionFord Regular

Luciano
Thing is the majority of traffic coppers are the ones we hate, the ones that have got fuck all better to do with their time (our money) than to stop us, check the car over penaalise us and ass rape us for anything they can see wrong.

We love the coppers who actually are doing something to rid this country of scum. All races aside scum is scum!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Luciano
Of course people moan about driving offences. Its not the fact that they have been caught that gets most people, its the fact that the police should be doing better things with their time like shooting armed robbers, rather than standing behind a headge trying to catch people doing 33 in a 30. Im sure if you were in the that bank today and the thief had a gun pointed at you, you would also be supporting the fact that said guy is now off the streets
Old 03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spot on Rich
Old 03-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Luciano
Of course people moan about driving offences. Its not the fact that they have been caught that gets most people, its the fact that the police should be doing better things with their time like shooting armed robbers, rather than standing behind a headge trying to catch people doing 33 in a 30. Im sure if you were in the that bank today and the thief had a gun pointed at you, you would also be supporting the fact that said guy is now off the streets
bang on the mark again
Old 03-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Jimboxr4x4

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The blagger did fire at least one shot first before he got shot himself so in my book the outcome was fair enough.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

...where i come from they are the enemy and i was always ducking and diving from them as a kid,
I preesume you must be an I-tai with that Vowel. Guess if thats the case you wish you were a wiseguy.

Its strange you put it like that. It reminds me that Menzes family are STILL here, understandably complaing about him getting shot.

However

a) I wish they'd go home now as its been over a year and no amount of complaining will bring the guy back.

and b) Brazilian police are a damn sight more trigger happy (with much less redress when they DO fire) than our Police, so it reeks of hypocracy to make out this was anything more than a tragic accident.

As for hating the Police, I dont honestly. They are doing their job, if you get caught breaking the law (regardless of by how much) realistically you should grow some Balls and accept it. IMO
Old 03-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

good on the copper
Old 03-11-2006, 09:28 PM
dreamin
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rich_w

some very valid points there mate

as for everyone seems all is agreed rob a bank armed with a gun and expect to get shot end of.

run away from police with guns after a major strategic attack on this country with a ruck sack on ur back wot else is going to be thought ????????? c'mon its not rocket science is it CL

as said get rid of scum using means that is necessary.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Chris Honeywell

Exactly m8
wish i had more friends like you.
You just typed exactly what i was thinking
Old 03-11-2006, 10:57 PM
OldSkoolRS

Too right! Like someone has already said if you carry a gun you should be prepared to be shot.