General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Climate Change... sensible discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 31-10-2006, 09:50 PM
plynchy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, and all men are equal, just some more equal than others...
Old 31-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its true that the UK is but a wee amount when it comes to overall CO2 emissions however someone has to set an example.

The Yanks wont sign Kyoto basically because the economy here is already f$ct as it is and having to put in new efficient less polluting equipment is going to make a right dent in things. The other reason is America loves the car, big cars with big engines. No American president is ever going to be elected who puts up gas prices or tries to take away their V8’s or Suburban’s not only because people are stupid and don’t understand how things operate on a large scale (one person having a 2.5ton SUV with a 7litre V8 is fine. 100,000 people having them isn’t) but because politics here is allowed to be backed by industry. Add in the paranoia of American society trying to stay on top with emerging entities like China and Russia then the last thing they want to do is limit growth.
So ultimately you could say that mans greed is what is going to give rise to global warming which will bring rise to the death of many animal and plant species. However the real problem is population.

There are too many people and people who deny global warming is happening have little imagination. There are billions of people on the planet and that takes some comprehension of scale. Population growth is encouraged and has been encouraged as that is the true measure of power which leads us back to mans nature and us being the architects of our own disaster. Catholics are told not to use contraception (despite that not being mentioned anywhere in the bible!) and so they have larger families, more taxes for the church, more power to the church. Same with Muslims. Its all one big mess. If I told family X not to have more than 2 kids then they’d complain. If a nation agrees then there population falls and they worry about their violent neighbour country invading them or something – more human nature issues.
People in Africa – boo hoo, there’s a famin there, big surprise. Well hello - nothing grows in the desert! If you weren’t breeding like crazy because there was nothing else to do then there’d be more food to go round and no big disaster scenes on TV.
Sadly there’s seems little way out of it – the only easy way out is some huge plague that decimates the population of the planet. Nature will have its way one way or another. If the seas rise and crops fail there’ll be war, famine and the like so the population will fall and the CO2 level will drop by virtue of this and then maybe someone will realize the next time around!
God – what a rant!
Old 31-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Keith B

And as for people complaining about taxes - I never understand this. The Government spends the taxes back on stuff you use you morons!
Old 31-10-2006, 11:13 PM
plynchy
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Keith B
And as for people complaining about taxes - I never understand this. The Government spends the taxes back on stuff you use you morons!
Really?

I very, very occasionally use the NHS. I don't claim any benefits. I use the roads which apparently get paid for by my "road tax" (which is bollocks). My bins get collected once a fortnight now, for which I pay tax at a local level.

So where the fuck is my grand a month going??

What about N.I.?? Pension? Don't make me laugh.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Keith B

Its not jsut you od dim one. Its you're neighbours you're paying for. You and yours may well be super healthy but the family next door may be unfortunate in the realm of genes and be ill quite often. It all balances out. I now live in the US and I pay 10% more tax here than I did in the UK and I get no free medical and the schools arent paid for either. Oh and we pay to have our own bins emptied.
Until you've lived in some other countries in the world I think you ought to count yourself lucky. Focus on making the most on what you have got.
In fact you whine about how much tax you pay and yet you have 2 very nice cars. The phrase greed mean anything to you?
Old 31-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Keith B

That sounded a bit arsey - it wasnt meant to come across quite like that! LOL!
Old 31-10-2006, 11:40 PM
plynchy
PassionFord Post Troll

I, and many others in this little pissy country of ours are sick to the back teeth of paying what seems like an enormous amount of our hard earned out every month/week to pay for all the sponging, work shy twats that are around.
I've no problem with paying a bit mate, but it's about time everyone "paid there way" if you like instead of relying on people like me to give them a living.

I do have 2 nice cars (ta) but i've been grafting since I was 16 to get them, no silver spoons in my mouth, far from it. And i've been around this planet of ours and seen how "less fortunate"(if you like) people live, but they all seem to be quite happy....

And of course you're going to sound arsey, you're in the USA.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Dan B

Originally Posted by Keith B
... However the real problem is population.

There are too many people and people who deny global warming is happening have little imagination. There are billions of people on the planet and that takes some comprehension of scale. Population growth is encouraged and has been encouraged as that is the true measure of power which leads us back to mans nature and us being the architects of our own disaster. Catholics are told not to use contraception (despite that not being mentioned anywhere in the bible!) and so they have larger families, more taxes for the church, more power to the church. Same with Muslims. Its all one big mess. If I told family X not to have more than 2 kids then they’d complain. If a nation agrees then there population falls and they worry about their violent neighbour country invading them or something – more human nature issues.
People in Africa – boo hoo, there’s a famin there, big surprise. Well hello - nothing grows in the desert! If you weren’t breeding like crazy because there was nothing else to do then there’d be more food to go round and no big disaster scenes on TV.
Sadly there’s seems little way out of it – the only easy way out is some huge plague that decimates the population of the planet. Nature will have its way one way or another. If the seas rise and crops fail there’ll be war, famine and the like so the population will fall and the CO2 level will drop by virtue of this and then maybe someone will realize the next time around!
God – what a rant!
That SO reminded me of a film-quote!

"I'd like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, and I realised that humans are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you humans do not. Instead you multiply, and multiply, until every resource is consumed. The only way for you to survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... a virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we... are the cure."
Old 01-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Keith B

LMAO at Dan! Are you saying I'm an evil unfeeling man in a suit with a meglomania complex?!

Plynchy - I hear what you're saying and I'm told the reason I'm forking out masses of tax in the OC is because all the border jumpers go to hospital or make fake claims - well that and the teachers, police and nurse unions getting super early retirement on $100k+ So the UK and the OC have a similar problem and it really pisses me off that people wont do anything about it because either they're getting rich of it (people employing cheap/illegal immigrant labour) or they feel that somehow the rich feeding/taking in the poor is the solution rather than teaching the poor to stand up for themselves.
Exasperating!

Where's Graham S1 with a theory on the CIA creating HIV to solve the worlds problems!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:47 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Keith B You live in the OC. It can't be that bad: I've seen the programme. All yachts and big-ass sporty cars with stunning birds ffs (Micha Barton ) !!

http://www.fox.com/oc/

To see how shite our country is, try watching Eastenders, Coronation St or Brookside on repeat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/
http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=91
http://www.btinternet.com/~brookside.soapbox/

Then you'll see how cushty you have it in comparison. The only thing you have ot worry about is if the butler is available to sail your yacht as you're too tired from looking at all the women
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
trevCOSS

The only thing you have ot worry about is if the butler is available to sail your yacht as you're too tired from looking at all the women
Old 01-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I certainly beleive our enviroment is being messed up but I also feel that the government are using scare tactics to tax the shit out of the normal working man while the whinging tree hugging fucktards all lap up their sterling effort.

By increasing the cost of motoring I may have to sell a car. The one that goes will be the sensible runner and one of the more poluting cars will be pressed into daily service instead.

It's just another fleecing excercise by the powers that be
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Keith B

LOL! I'm British but jsut working over here. If you live near the coast around Newport, Laguna etc then yes people really do live like that there. A kids starter car is a 3-series convertible. I kid you not. Shows like Laguna beach and OC arent that far from how the rich live down at the beach. Gallardo's and SLR's cruising round, Countach and other rare stuff is cruising PCH on a sunday.
Not 20miles away you have 5 people living in a 2 room apartment.