General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

DimSport..........

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2006, 10:23 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DimSport..........

Anybody know if they are any good??? as in the maps they supply to tuning companies....are they safe??

Just had a mates A4 TDi blow a turbo today,and not too happy really cos i recommended the company that did it,so i feel a little guilty that he now has to fork out £1k to have it fixed by Audi

(btw it could just be coincidence that the turbo has gone,but in all honesty a low mileage 2002 Audi shouldn't break a turbo,so i wonder if the remap was too severe????)
Old 25-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

Happens quite often really,even on the regular upgrade chipset.....like 110's -130's,130's - 150's and so on. My mates lasted 1 RR power run and blew the following afternoon
What kind of mileage are you talking about.........low miles for a vw/audi or actual low mileage
Old 25-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Dimsport dont supply maps, only mapping software. Unless you had a box fitted that they manufacture, called a RAPID.
Old 25-10-2006, 11:41 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

oh ok,maybe i got that wrong then???

I guess he'll just have to have it put back to standard,which is a shame because he was told it would be just as reliable as a standard car (within reason)

it's only done 30-40k i think Rs1 so nothing really compared to some motorway starships