General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

<insert lots of rude words here>orange broadband<an

Search this Thread

Old 17-10-2006, 05:35 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default <insert lots of rude words here>orange broadband<an

when it was freeserve i had a total of about 3 hours in as many years of use where i couldn't connect due to their servers having problems

when it went to wanadoo for a while, i had one time when it wasn't up and running for a few hours

now it's orange, it's about as reliable as indian electricity and if i could get through to someone at the other end who WASN'T from india to tell them to go and stick their service i would do

i'm just SO pissed off it's unreal. got home from work last night extra early as i arranged all this before i went to india so i could do the web cam business and see juniors teeth start to come out and all that other soppy bolocks that parents do, and then i waited, and waited, and it's STILL not on this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 1oneoneone

and by the time i wanted to phone it was too late (old dears gone to bed and she's got this free calling card thing) and the old man was pissed (he was going to make a noise that everyone should have spoken to everyone there (and my brother had gone out (and my mum would have kicked up a fuss about me talking all secret agenda stuff which i why i didn't let anyone else speak to her, family politics, dontcha just love them )

so, the moral of this story, if you are looing for a broadband provider, don't use orange
i think i might be stuck with them though as they give me unlimited (to a certain level of 60 gb/month) downloads
who else can do this AND give me 8meg lines?

and has anyone got a uk line for them so i can speak to one of their head honcho to "express my displeasure at their service as of late"?
Old 17-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orange experiences 'major' outage
Old 17-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Phil
Jeebus

dojj, you think thats bad... Try and cancel with them and get a MAC code to switch providers
Old 17-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would put my house (well, my ma an da's house! ) on orange mobile being worse.

Chasing them for Ł120+/- for 4 months now.

They are pricks. Take your money no problem, but do anything to avoid giving you the money back when they took it wrongly in the first place!
Old 17-10-2006, 10:52 AM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Guy at work is having the same problem. poor geezer
Old 17-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Yup as Lynne posted, Orange suffering from national outage!
Old 17-10-2006, 11:01 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

My F'ing broadband hasnt worked on my home PC for 5 months.

The wireless usb device packed up and they sent me a new one, which wont see my Livebox!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what I do.......!!!!!!!

I was on hold for 25 minutes waiting for a C**ting advisor, then, all of a sudden it said to me " sorry our office is now closed"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to kill someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just added a post to Lyns link on the BBC site..........
Old 17-10-2006, 11:28 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Right what are you people using?? ADSL modem? Livebox?? I had Oranges livebox up and running for about a week or 2 about a month ago and sometimes it would just drop connection whenever it wanted, so i went back to my ADSL modem and its been spot on, i can now stay connected for a whole day until i turn my pc off have you guys tried reverting back to older equipment? im still getting the same speed connection it does occassionally drop connection like once every other day maybe but 9 times out of 10 the green light stops flashing after about 20 seconds and im back on

One thing that does annoy me though, is when your on the phone to them and your ringing back about something" hi i just rang earlier and blah blah blah" and they say they have no records of that so then you have to re-explain your situation
Old 17-10-2006, 11:31 AM
dojj

I have been on the same contract for years, firstly with Freeserve, then with Wanadoo and now with Orange.

Without a doubt, Orange's performance has been, at best, bewildering (when you finally get a human at the other end of the line, even though they seem to know what they are talking about they end up sounding like used car salesmen because they are only reading answers from what is in front of them, "It doesn't work" "It must be the phone line sir" "How do I fix it?" "You must put your modem wire directly into the phone socket" "That means moving the computer" "Yes sir" "One of my arms doesn't work" "Sir, you will have to call us back when either your arm is fixed or someone else can help you" ?^%&$&%^*) and, at worst, abysmal (random disconection with no answers as to why, shifting from one call centre to another and having to explain everything all over again, over complicated amounts of button pushing, I was beginning to think I'd got through to HSBC Orange are THAT disorganised).

As previous people have commented, it does seem like they have jumped onto the bandwagon thinking they can make a few easy bucks and they have disasterously miscalculated what is actually required to run an operation of this magnitude.

I called up yesterday and was told by an automated message, "The service went out at 16:25 in London and 2 other cities". This message was replaced by the "We've suffered from a major failure".

There is certainly going to be a major failure in my ability to pay them this month as my business goes elsewhere. Customer loyalty is one thing, it's quite another when you find yourself left in Limbo and you can't even go online to find out their phone number.

i wonder if that will make it to the bbc website
Old 17-10-2006, 11:35 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

dojj read above chap, im curious about your setup
Old 17-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Mr Shannon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Bollocks to freeserve/wanado/orange..

I'm with them myself and will be chaging isp's next month..

Strokers
Old 17-10-2006, 11:46 AM
dojj

it's the same copper jet modem thingy dalek looking box that i started with
when it was freeserve it was, as mentioned, virtually flawless at all times
when they changed to wanadoo it was exactly the same, if not better overall interms of only dropping out twice in the whole time i was hooked up (they even sent me a letter stating that, even though i was on an "unlimited" download agreement, using 180gb in one month was a trad excessive ) but as soon as they sent me an email saying "we are now orange" it just turned into a clusterfuck

i'd be downloading somethng and it would just disconnect me
after about a week of this i called up the service centre (i used the cheapest line and got them to transfer me and it's not shown up on the phone bill )and thats where the woman at theother end said "have you tried to hook the modem up direct to the socket to remove anyting else being int he way?" this was when i had had an accident and my back and shoulder were playing me up something chronic and i explained this to her, only to be asked to call back "when you are better or someone else can move the computer for you"

it's not as if she said it in a rude or patronising way, it's the fact that she came out with it at all that stunned me

so, my computer and everyting associated with it is still the same as it was all thsoe years ago, but as soon as the name above the bill changed, so did the service

so, who's got any recomendations as to who to use next?
i'd go with pipex but then everyone would think i'm a secret hoff bitch
Old 17-10-2006, 11:57 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Dojj your 100% sure that theres nothing up your end? i.e dodgy modem(since its old) wireing, filters etc? although i must admit most times im told to check all that my connection decides to work flawlessly for weeks
At the moment this ADSL modem seems to be pretty good but if i get to much trouble with it ill change isp's

How are you surfing the web now then dojj?
Old 17-10-2006, 01:21 PM
mick
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

given the time, work????
Old 17-10-2006, 01:29 PM
dojj

i'm at work
or should that be a

thing is, i pay a few quid more than i should really be just because i knew the service was spot on
ever since orange it's turned to shit

as for the modem and all that stuff, the lights are still green but it turns up with a "reconnecting" screen and then says "cannot connect to remote computer"
if i close all the internet pages up and open them again it connects
but it only did that for about a week or so so i can't see it being a fault of the unit on top of the desk really

i can also surf the net on the pocket pc things we've got, but ultimatly nothing at work allows us to view pictures so all i see are little red crosses (even some of the little smilies are like that) and we can't go to any sites that allow stuff to be downloaded onto our machines, i can't even get my new camera to work on the works computer beause it needs a little file to be compatable and unless it admin ok it i can't do it

and so i've got to take the pics of all the vans when they have any damage to them, take the camera home, upload the pics, send to myself, open them up at work, and then send them forward
shit, we ain't even aloowed to use paint or defrag our computers, you think they are going to allow us to download or upload from a cd?
you jest mr gti

so, thats why i like my internet at home
it's my computer, i use it to do stuff at my elasure, and i do not see why my life shold revolve around notbeing anle to view stuff on my works computer when i can do so at home
Old 17-10-2006, 05:42 PM
dojj

it is now working

whoopieee!!!!!!!!!!!!

now to write angry emails to orange
Old 17-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright for you lot. I cannot get on the internet at home, and for the last 36 hours it will connect to the server, but there is no signal at all - the Orange server has gone well and truely fucking tits up - they will have to pay some serious compensation for everyone

And at this moment, i am typing this on Adam's pc with an NTL connection - reliable? sometimes
Old 17-10-2006, 05:51 PM
dojj

the phone message is that it hsould be up and running at some point tomorrow

0870 010 2462 and then press 1 and then it should scroll through

takes 30 seconds for the full message and last time it was a bloke and then it was a bird
Old 17-10-2006, 06:02 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

If there down then why have i been connected all day today and yesterday?
Old 17-10-2006, 06:05 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Ahh just got this from BBC site

"The company said the problem only affected customers within their Local Loop Unbundled (LLU) network.

LLUs use equipment installed in a telephone exchange by a third party company, such as Orange, instead of BT.

Orange have 2 million internet subscribers, one million of which use the company's broadband service. 10% of its broadband users are on an LLU network."

It appears your that 10% dojj
Old 17-10-2006, 06:20 PM
dojj

the fookers

and then they are talking 5's of that 10% so does that mean i'm in even less of a minority?!?!?!!??!

does that also mean i'll get a bigger share of any compo reduction in my bill?

Old 17-10-2006, 06:57 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by dojj
the fookers

and then they are talking 5's of that 10% so does that mean i'm in even less of a minority?!?!?!!??!

does that also mean i'll get a bigger share of any compo reduction in my bill?

You should get something back IMO, i mean your paying for a service that should be on tap 24/7 and well, it aint is it
Old 17-10-2006, 08:10 PM
dojj

angry email onits way to them coonts

along the lines of:

what you fookers playing at? is spend loads of my money with you lot and your service is shit, your bints on the phone sound crap actresses reading from a script, your phone system is more ocmplicated than hsbc's and now i'm sick and generally pissed off about it
if it was a one time occourance then fine, but this is about the 6th time you've fooked me about since you turned orange, the future certainly ain't bright, it's going to be red because you'll be skint after paying everyone out
not to mention i ain't been able to talk to my mrs or boy all last night when i was supposed to, how do you replace days from an 8 month old baby life without his dad being on tap 247?

you'd best be putting on some lypsyl because you've got a lot of my arse to kiss (and, in case you didn't know, i've come back from india with a proper rotten case of the trots)

or words to that effect
Old 17-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I was in that 10% too

Got in at 4:30/5 on Monday, booted up, and opened IE : cannot connect to server.

Rebooted modem = no luck

Unplugged modem, waited 5, plugged back in = no luck

Rebooted PC = no luck....

Went to sleep for an hour, opened IE = no luck

Rang Orange, navigated to the "status" line thingy, got told there was a "third party network failure" and they have no idea when it will be fixed

Got home today to find it was working again. My friend (also on Orange, and lives in the next town) got his back at 2:30pm - so I guess I got mine about that time too (was out at work) even tho the service messages timed at 3pm still said "nationwide network failure" (note it said THIRD PARTY again - never their fault is it!?!?!)

But thats still 22+hrs it was down - 22hrs that a service I pay 27 fucking quid for wasn't working! Not on in my book!

Any Dojj, you are right. I started with the original Freeserve - good as gold, never a problem I can remember. Then Wanadoo came along, again, can only remember less than a handfull of down times, but Orange is complete wank.....

If it wasn't for the fact I am on a completely unlimited (as in, when we took the Freeserve account, it was completely uncapped, none of this fair usage bollox), even tho it is still only a 512k line, I would switch tomorrow!
Old 17-10-2006, 09:08 PM
dojj

thats the problem mate, we'll all do the ranting and raving bit and threaten to take our custom elsewhere, but they know that we'll not get as good a download deal anywhere else so they won't do shit

i am in t2o minds about calling their bluff and giving it double barrel shotgun style down their inbox

i might just paste my above post and send it and see what happens