General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Should soldiers pay tax?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Sorry, but I can't help but to disagree.

If the justification for them not paying tax is that they serve our country, then where do you draw that line? There are alot of careers that you could label the same way, take Police, Ambulance Drivers, Surgeons, Fire Fighters etc etc.

If soldiers were tax-free imagine that knock-on effect on every little scrote wanting in just so that they can be tax-free.

Bad idea IMO.
I'm with that Its a JOB, they CHOOSE to do it!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie

If the justification for them not paying tax is that they serve our country, then where do you draw that line? There are alot of careers that you could label the same way, take Police, Ambulance Drivers, Surgeons, Fire Fighters etc etc.

If soldiers were tax-free imagine that knock-on effect on every little scrote wanting in just so that they can be tax-free.

Bad idea IMO.
I'm with that Its a JOB, they CHOOSE to do it!

Well YOU'RE on the list too now!!!!

I think the catch here is when we are NOT IN THE COUNTRY!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Katie

Only tax when they are here using uk services..don't charge them anything when they are away..as they aren't using anything then and are defending the country...

If you go to work abroad say in Dubai..you don't have to pay uk tax do you?..so you shouldn't if you work in the forces and go to war/any other overseas duty...

Sadly..problem is you can't make everyone who works hard to protect/enhance the country tax free...you couldn't draw the line as has been said at the military.... firefighters are non forces protection...so are police..what about paramedics...nurses...surgeons...doctors...teacher s...university lecturers..you could spiral it out of control so the only people paying tax are those who work in Tesco's/office/driving jobs which can't be seen as some form of direct civil service...we wouldn't make much of an annual budget from the taxes of only those people...there's like 50million people in the uk isn't there..imagine how bad public services could get then
Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As far as I am concerned, anybody who is prepared to put themselves in a job where they are going to get deliberately shot at deserves tax free status.

I havent got the bottle to do it, and I have a lot of respect for those that do.

This only applies to the Armed forces, and not to police etc. That is just a career.

Cheers

JJ
Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To add

Firefighters etc do not deserve the same discrepancies. They are careers nothing like the Army.

There are risks with all jobs, and whilst a firefighter (when they are not on strike) may have to go into a burning building, they take every precaution to not get burnt/ hurt. A soldier cant do that.

They are going into a situation where people are actively trying to kill them!! If you cant see the difference between that and other civil jobs, then I cant help you

JJ
Old 11-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
As far as I am concerned, anybody who is prepared to put themselves in a job where they are going to get deliberately shot at deserves tax free status.

I havent got the bottle to do it, and I have a lot of respect for those that do.

This only applies to the Armed forces, and not to police etc. That is just a career.

Cheers

JJ
Never seen any of these reports about police being run right over by motorbikes (was on a tv a while ago, the wpc's torso was all crushed in, totally unprovoked attack)..or the officers stabbed to death (the asian wpc?) The ones that die in road accidents when defendants pull the handbrake up on motorways, or indeed are shot at?
Problem is, joining the army I think you would know there's a risk....joining the police/ambulance you don't expect some absolute scumbag (one of your own people aswell) to try and kill you/attack for just doing your job...

There's a lot of careers I can honestly say I would never ever have the guts to do..police, ambulance services..military...and they shouldn't in an ideal world pay tax...but at the end of the day if not everybody who can have a job, does have a job..the country still has to pay for all those people who live off the state + don't need to...therefore the people who deserve a whacking great pay rise/tax breaks won't get them...
Old 11-10-2006, 01:42 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Katie
Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75

Cheers

JJ
Never seen any of these reports about police being run right over by motorbikes (was on a tv a while ago, the wpc's torso was all crushed in, totally unprovoked attack)..or the officers stabbed to death (the asian wpc?) The ones that die in road accidents when defendants pull the handbrake up on motorways, or indeed are shot at?
Problem is, joining the army I think you would know there's a risk....joining the police/ambulance you don't expect some absolute scumbag (on of your own people aswell) to try and kill you/attack for just doing your job...

There's a lot of careers I can honestly say I would never ever have the guts to do..police, ambulance services..military...and they shouldn't in an ideal world pay tax...but at the end of the day if not everybody who can have a job, does have a job..the country still has to pay for all those people who live off the state + don't need to...therefore the people who deserve a whacking great pay rise/tax breaks won't get them...

Whilst I can see where you are coming from, but the risks are still different. Every job has risks attached to it, and the pay and pension reflect this on jobs such as Police officer.

Nurses and Doctors do occasionally have to deal with unruly patients i have friends and family that do both roles, but then dont we all have to deal with idiots at some point in our working lives! Without getting into the nursing pay debate which is a completely different question.

Even in London, the ratio of officers to those that get hurt is massively different to that of a typical member of the armed forces.

If you are in the army, you are posted somewhere where trained soldiers are told to kill you at any cost. It is their job to deal with these sorts of things. This is totally different to a policeman that may get abuse in London from a yob.

Not to mention the fact that when a soldier is on duty in a war zone, their life is at risk for the entire duration of that posting, not for a shift of 8 hours. A policeman can also just quit, or choose to be transferred out of here.

As such, it is still my opinion that all of the civil jobs have their own individual benefits of lifestyle etc that attract people to those positions without the need to give them tax free status.

All of the above, of course, as always is IMHO

JJ
Old 11-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Katie

I agree with you mate..problem is though..the army..the very idea of it..is to protect the country and to be involved in conflict if it arises to protect the country...you ''expect'' danger..a nurse/paramedic shouldn't ''expect'' to get bottled

Firefighters especially..will risk their one life...to save another persons one life..they go into a burning building to save somebodys baby for example...I know the army work as a force to protect 50million odd of us...but every life is precious..especially when it's somebody's young child..

I'd say I'd sooner join the army, you get a lot of respect for it... as opposed to joining the police..where you are assaulted and called a cunt because some druggy twat decides he doesn't want to show simple respect to anyone..

Also, the pay is not anything near good for the police...the pension may be..but that's for a long serving officer...a family friend of ours spent 3 years working to get into the police..having to quit then after 2 years after attacks/stress and basically he was unable to pay his living costs with the money he was on...I hate to think how many good officers the police loses a year because of scum/the fact these people can't afford to live decently...they can't buy city housing, even though they have city centre jobs...
Old 11-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Put it this way, if all soldiers went on strike because we charged them tax when they were out of the country, which cunt is going to stand up and say that they want to join the army?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM
AndyBlackFRST
Advanced PassionFord User

Was watching the news about this on the TV last night.. One woman said that instead of a bonus, they could get some proper equiptment for the guys out there.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:43 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It shows how ignorant or perhaps arrogant some people are in the way they take freedom for granted: The British Forces have been active in a moderate way since WW2, they have fought in Borneo, Sudan, Kenya, vietnam, Korea, Suez, Northern Ireland, Falklands, Oman, Iraq twice, Kuala Lampar, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Kosovo etc...

Just remember when an Air Raid alarm sounds and people are hiding in the shelters scared shitless etc... these people are going out to save your lives.

I do not think that the Soldiers should pay Tax at all. Still pay National Insurance yes, but not Tax. The difference between serving in the police and the Army is massive. When the going gets tough, who do you think the police call?

The average Army wage is around £290 a week which is around £15000 a year, the national average wage is much higher than this. All services such as Fire, Rescue, Armed Forces, Police, Medical should be paid a higher wage than standard.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonyk

The average Army wage is around £290 a week which is around £15000 a year, the national average wage is much higher than this. All services such as Fire, Rescue, Armed Forces, Police, Medical should be paid a higher wage than standard.
That is fookin appallling. How many here would go face bullets, missiles and bombs for £15k a year?

No they shouldn't pay income tax abroad.

(this is the part that everyone ignores)

Income tax is a TEMPORARY War tax anyway, initially brought in to help defeat Napolean. If you don't beleive me look it up. It has to get passed each year still. So if we really did live in a democract, we should in theory have the power to stop it.

It was brought in centuries ago, to fund wars. Then they stopped it for a bit. Then they brought it in again, and has held since.

Now here's another interesting thing about Income Tax. In the States, many people are now not paying any income tax, on their wages. Income is supposed to be defined as increases on wealth through gains such as interest, money made on shares, dividends, bonds etc. NOT MONEY EXCHANGED FOR LABOUR (ie wages). Haven't heard of anyone getting away with that over here yet though.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flip2k3
Put it this way, if all soldiers went on strike because we charged them tax when they were out of the country, which cunt is going to stand up and say that they want to join the army?
thats the thing though,we CANT! and we dont complain that we dont get given it,we just welcome our government coming into line with the rest of the world! as for knowing what we get paid when we sign up,read up on pay 2000,i joined up under a VERY different pay and promotion structure to the crap that is now dealt out,therefore many people are missing out HUGELY on wages! and when you compare us to firemen again please remember the last strikes,where they were complaining about wages (ONLY 30k odd! ) and the forces took over with minimal training and FAR lower wages,yeah,cheers guys!
Old 26-09-2007, 07:54 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

bttt: found it whilst searching for something else

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7011568.stm

Well rebate of Council Tax seems to be the newest topic of choice for Gordon Bennet.. I mean Gordon Brown...to get some more points on his side from the troops.
Almost 1 year after this one was thought about.
About time to. How can you benefit from the things you are paying council tax for when you aren't even in the same country ??

Btw, did you know that PRISONERS are "disregarded" when it comes to council tax and they do not pay for their homes!! two people in a house, 1 currently in prison = 25% discount !
Yet Armed forces WORKING away for 4/6months minimum have to pay !
Old 26-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Should my wife pay tax and NI as she is a nurse and helps save peoples life or makes it comfortable for them in their final days???????????

So yeah, they should pay tax. They join up knowing its the forces, knowing whats involved and join up knowing its a JOB! I do however think they should be well payed.
Old 26-09-2007, 08:54 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

they should pay no tax whilst serving abroad with maybe a lower rate when not in overseas action.
the £140 deduction in their council tax payments announced the other day is a joke.they should be exempt from c/t also whilst abroad.
i know its a career they have chosen but it cant be classed on the same level as firemen/policemen etc who deserve to pay tax as normal.
Old 26-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

You can add another twist to this. People who own other business' overseas dont have to pay UK tax on those earnings (unlike the US where they have to pay tax on all earnings regardless of what country they were made in). So whats the difference the other way around? Just a thought imo.
Old 26-09-2007, 09:26 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Should my wife pay tax and NI as she is a nurse and helps save peoples life or makes it comfortable for them in their final days???????????

So yeah, they should pay tax. They join up knowing its the forces, knowing whats involved and join up knowing its a JOB! I do however think they should be well payed.
So, does your wife spend 6-8 months out of the country, living in shit conditions, working 7 day weeks, probably about 18 hour days if not longer, on call at anytime, in CONSTANT threat of being shot at, mortar attacked, roadside bombs, suicide bombers. does she watch 2 or 3 of her mates get killed, then carry on doing her job?..... living in 12 man tents, eating long life ration packs?

Then when shes back in the UK does she go and help flood victims, cover for any other service that goes on strike ( ambulance and fire service, both in recent times).

Does she get posted anywhere in the UK, germany, cypruss etc, hundreds of miles away from her family and friends? Does she live in a married quarter/ single accomodation that are in far WORSE conditions than most prisoners live in?

I could go on, yes there are lots of bonuses to being in the forces, but over time a lot of them have been eroded, and now so many people are so pissed off with crap wages and conditions that they are leaving in droves.....

Nurses do a fantastic job, but to even compare it to the forces is funny , how would you feel about your wife running through an enemy ambush to try and save a few lads who have been shot in Kandahar/ Iraq, trying to keep them alive long enough to get them to a field hospital, but even though she is wearing a red cross they are still shooting at her, trying to kill her??? I bet you wouldn't feel quite so happy then
Old 26-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bad idea IMO.
Beats the scum bags kicking cars and robbing old ladies though.

TBH for what we do we get paid fuck all! Ok let me put this another way when you mapping a car theres a good chance you could get shot at and killed, how much extra would you want to map that car? We will only get back about £140 for a 4-6 month tour so not exactly massie amount for what we do imo. They will just put something else up to cover the costs anyway which civi's will not egt to hear about.

I pay my own wages and i have come to terms with that. Makes me laugh there was massive press coverage on how we got a pay rise earlier in the year. What they dont tell you is they put our food and accom up so we dont actually get anymore pay, or we maybe get about £5 extra a month.

Then why listen to what i think? I am bitter as i now have the body of a 40+ year old at the age of 24, but again thats from doing my job so i feel i have a right to be bitter.

Yes we sign on the dotted line to do our job, but all the bull shit they feed you with before you join up makes it out that its the best job in the world where you get to go everywhere and everything is one big party. In reality its not like that at all.
Old 26-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

RWD_cossie_wil + Nash

Nail - head....
Old 26-09-2007, 11:00 PM
PastyKing
Advanced PassionFord User

Charlie Chalk RWD_cossie_wil + Nash
spot on
Old 27-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Magic Numbers
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Whilst in the UK they should be paying taxes whilst at war in other countries then I feel they should be un taxed.

How's about taxing the benefit cheques of all the workshy tossers that would rather sponge than get a job?
Amen Steve!
Old 27-09-2007, 12:19 AM
xr4man
Regular Contributor

lot of good points here. i think personally that it is absurd for the military to pay taxes on their pay, since it comes out of taxes anyway. basically they are paying taxes on taxes. i don't know how well the military over there is paid to begin with, but the military here are considered the "working poor".

when i was in the navy as an e-3, i was only taking home about $750 every 2 weeks. after taxes. so that's about 375gbp. how can anyone live on that? i always had to live on the ship and eat there because i couldn't afford my own place.
Old 27-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Just remember if people didnt volunteer for the Forces then eventually compulsory conscription would become a reality.
In fairness that wouldnt be a bad idea, I would think it would bring some respect to the scumbag ridden society we live in.

I think the forces should pay tax both home and abroad, I will hopefully soon be in a job where I could be working abroad and I know full well I will be taxed while I am away, the only diffrence is that I aint daft enough to go to a warzone, living near Mosside has taught me that
Old 27-09-2007, 02:29 AM
anodised
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i think if away (war/peace keeping)they should not pay tax and council tax should go down 25% (if only one person living in house/flat ie wife g/f)

then when they are back here they should pay less tax say 15%
Old 27-09-2007, 02:57 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
no way should we get taxed whilst serving abroad,why should we be?we are not using any of the services of the country except for our own and are more than likely at a high risk of being shot or otherwise being endangered t keep the like of YOU safe in your own country! just about every other armed service i have worked with has this tax exception and it is embarassing that we do not. remember when you start to liken us to the other forces in this country (fire etc...)that we are NOT allowed to strike,we have NO unions,we can NOT say no to any order (unless it is unlawful) and we tend to be treated as shit by a lot of people when not at war etc....also when all of these other services go on strike,who gets to do their job for them with no extra pay?oh yes....we do!brilliant!and we can work all day long and get paid no more money than if we did a normal days work,there is NO overtime in the armed forces!

and for all of the "well YOU joined...." comments, i joined not so that i could go to war,but so that we DONT have to!i beleive that we are doing the best job possible when we are preventing war and aggression,not when we are dishing it out. i want to keep this country safe and peaceful and have no intention of EVER firing a round in anger!

people always criticize the forces when there are no conflicts for using too much money and being too large yet when a conflict arises they expect the guns and trained soldiers,mechanics,pilots,firemen,and every other trade (there are soooo many!) to magically appear from the woodwork with no extra funding from the government,we NEED our armed forces and we need to treat them WELL! after the recent pay 2000 fiasco (all you forces lot will know what im on about) and getting dicked around like crazy everywhere,do you not think that a man who has signed his life away so that YOU can eat your burger and chips in safety in mcdonalds should be able to get a tax break if he is sent away to the hell hole of the world?

many thanks
Greig
fook me you sound like jack nickelson

i say fook erm
Old 27-09-2007, 05:54 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

THey should pay tax, £5 a week, but with a £150 a week rise right across the board for all the forces, yanks get COLA over here.
My mate who recently joined has to pay £130 a month for his digs in camp, and £30 a month for food, he takes home £760, roughly £190 a week, before this comes out of it, he is going to IRAQ soon.
Any compo for injuries is a joke in the forces, but if you are a copper, as is a friend who recently had his nose broken in a scuffle with a drunk, he got £3700 compo straight away no messing.
Yes they chose the career and we all should thank our sorry arses that they did, the forces are totally out numbered and overstetched by twatty politicians who should serve a tour to open thier eyes.
I can see the comparison with coppers, 50 cops against a kid who throws a cream bun at the bus, and they wouls till call out the chopper and armed police, just to make themselves look heroes, versus 1 squaddie with a rifle against UNKNOWN aggressors.
They all deserve our support, this is the least we could do, the gov were even going to charge the soldiers in NI at one point.
It is a pity that the gov don't introduce a rule whereby all immigrants have to serve 5 years service before being alowed to live here, but then would you really want an unknown to be your back up ?
tabetha
Old 27-09-2007, 06:10 AM
smudgerz
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

After serving 13 years in the forces, serving in northern ireland, first gulf war, Bosnia etc etc, in some shit conditions, working 24hrs on 24hrs of for weeks on end. For around 17k a year. (got a bit extra for "para" pay!!)
I defo dont think we should have payed tax whilst serving abroad.
In Afghanistan, you have a 1 in 37 chance of getting killed? You cant compare nurses, police etc to (even though they do a good job) to our forces. They may have a tough day but then they can go to the pub for a pint, then HOME to see thier familys, nice and safe. How can you do that in Iraq??? You cant switch off untill your tour finishes.

Smudge
Old 27-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Im sorry but people join the forces then moan when they have to go and fight ,,WTF did you join for ??????

I dont want to go and fight , so i didnt join ,,simple

Sorry to say but it seems to me that far too many people join the forces because its sounds good and they get to travel the world etc , but forget that one day you may have to do what you have been trained to do .

I have massive respect for people in the forces and would love it if nobody ever had to face a fight , but sadly thats never going to be , so if you dont want to fight and feel you should be exempt from paying your way in life then get another job

Paul
Old 27-09-2007, 08:29 AM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Im sorry but people join the forces then moan when they have to go and fight ,,WTF did you join for ??????

Sorry to say but it seems to me that far too many people join the forces because its sounds good and they get to travel the world etc , but forget that one day you may have to do what you have been trained to do .

I have massive respect for people in the forces and would love it if nobody ever had to face a fight , but sadly thats never going to be , so if you dont want to fight and feel you should be exempt from paying your way in life then get another job

Paul

spot on paul

Old 27-09-2007, 09:39 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

Paul
No one moans about going to fight . What people moan about is being treated like shit, the public not having a clue about the job they actually do, being underpaid for the work they do.......

You would be the first person to moan if you got hurt in a terrorist attack, and if we had no forces there is no defence to the country, so when someone like saddam hussain or another despot decided he likes your house/ land, and killed your wife as he took it, you wouldn't be very happy. And don't think that it won't happen, world war 2 was only 65 years ago, which isn't a long time really, if millions of people hadn't made the sacrafice to protect YOUR nice comfy way of life, you would be in a VERY different situation....

The level of ignorance of the forces by the general public never ceases to amaze me ..... Most other EU forces don't pay tax, USA don't pay tax and get massive discounts from everyone in their country.

It's not about money really, it's about being appreciated for the job we do . People think its a waste of taxpayers money, but like most things, you won't miss them until they are gone.
Old 27-09-2007, 10:20 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

haven't read all of the thread, but my opinion is that soldiers (and all of the other important services such as dcotors nurses, police, firefighters etc) should take home a fair and reasonable wage and at the moment that does not seem to be the case

in comparison to what a soldier is doing in iraq or afghanistan or wherever else in the world, and what the police have to put up with and the risks that firefighters go through, my job seems very easy and i'm slightly embarressed to earn what i do for it (although i have worked hard and had an education to get here)

whether they're taxed on it or not seems fairly irrelavent as it's just one government department giving it to another isn't it? but the take home pay should be adequate to keep the level of moral and recruitment at a suitable level to keep this country protected
Old 27-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

I think, people in the armed forces and police, nurses, ambulance staff etc all deserve to pay no tax or have higher wages!

Nurses especially (well i am biased)
Old 27-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Crowder
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

damn rite they should pay tax. They know what theyre signing up for ffs!
Old 27-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Crowder
They know what theyre signing up for ffs!

You're wrong mate!
Old 27-09-2007, 11:42 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

damn rite they should pay tax. They know what theyre signing up for ffs!
Re-council tax:
Do you still think it's fair that people are paying for something they are not using ??
If they are out of the country on deployment, how can they get charged for the items C-T is based on ?
As I said before, PRISONERS pay NO council tax until they are released...

Any pay increase is taken up by allowance-cuts or charge increases (accom/ food). Btw, if you live on camp, you HAVE to pay for food no matter whether you eat in the mess or not (even when you are on leave/holiday). It is not an option.
Old 27-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by A J
I cant see why they shouldnt, it's a job & it's not like they've been forced to join the forces.

How much would all the rest of our taxes go up by to cover the lost revenue the government get by taxing 100,000's of troops we have?
Fucking Right!

I pay TAX, so should they!
Old 27-09-2007, 12:16 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk

You're wrong mate!
well all i can say about that then radleigh was you was a silly boy and should have asked an adult what it was all about
Old 27-09-2007, 12:23 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not only do prisoners not pay tax but they are actually paid in prison, not a huge wedge but a little, as they have "jobs" where they can earn money as I did each time I have been inside.
Paul from NY spares should realise the forces aren't moaning, and do take the rough with the smooth, they are treated like shit by this government, with shit housing, as seen by several hundred homes just vacated by the RAF/ARMY that now house immigrants, but only after having £1.6 million spent on them to make them inhabitable, good enough for our rorces but NOT for immigrants, it's a bloody disgrace.
They are only expecting to be appreciated for the very dangerous work they often have to do, there is absolutely no comparison to any other job as it does not involve IED's guns bullets, they don't get tucked up in bed at night and have a good nights sleep till morning, and more importantly for a lot thew war does not stay out in Iraq or any other war zone but comes home to them, and they suffer many mentals illnesses as a result.
Meanwhile these scum bag plod officers are getting payouts due to STRESS, did anyone see the wpc who got more for a broken finger than a squaddie who lost both legs defending the sorry selfish arses of some who write on here.
Plod also join up and should expect hassle, which they get, but when they moan it's a shitload of money that's thrown thier way not a handgrenade.
tabetha
Old 27-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by POPEYE
Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk

You're wrong mate!
well all i can say about that then radleigh was you was a silly boy and should have asked an adult what it was all about
No, its the shit that give you at the signing in office! none of it is correct!

Its all bollocks

The Royal Air Force is a farse

Quick Reply: Should soldiers pay tax?