General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

i can't believe the cheek of this expletive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27-09-2006, 10:51 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default i can't believe the cheek of this expletive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 of our drivers are going this friday, redundancy
2 have been fine, the 3rd one has been an absolute arse hole for the majority of his time here

yesterday, he stacked one of our vans on the A3 (at 93mph acordig to the tracker info) and he cried off yesterday beacuse he had whiplash
so when it came to him going home i asked if he was going to be in today and he said "well, i don't know"
"i'll take that as a no then, so you can leave your phone behind and let me know if you can come in for thursday and friday"
"well, i'll be in tomorrow even if it is just to return the van"
but i've already told the planners that we've only got 9 vans and to plan for 9 routes, seeing as you are the 10th driver they'll be nothing for you to do"
cue a long phone call to my boss who's said he can take a van home (he lives like 20 miles away)
"make sure you are in by 7 then"
"but my agrement was that as long as i left by 8 it didn't matter what time i came in"
"no, you come in at 7 because you are supposed to start at 7, the van you are taking home is allocated to a driver who starts at 6 so make sure you are in for 7 so he can go out wihtout delay"
"whing, moan, strop etc why can't i take the hire van home"
"because you can't, end of story, don't argue ebcause i'm not going to let you take it home"
"more whinging stroppy 2 year old antics"
so he goes home
comes back this morning at 7
then has nothing to do and moops around the office all morning
so i send him out to return the hire van (the hire company can't collect it but will run him back)
this was a 9.55 and it's only 15 mintues up the road
it's now 11.40
i also asked him to bring me my 2 bottles of lucozade out from the van he was returning (beacuse i put them in there yesterday)
"ok, i'll make sure i bring them back"
i called him at 10.30 to remind him about the lucozade and he was like "there's no one hrere to collect the van so i will have to wait here until there is"
"just remember the lucozade"
"but i parked the van up and i don't know if they are in there still"
"if you've parked teh van up 15 minutes ago and it hasn't moved, go and get the keys and get them out"
"but i thoguht they were empty and might have thrown them out"
"but you just said they were in the van and you didn't take them out2
"but someone else ight have"
"the van you dropped off is the same van they are going to use to drop YOU off, so it's not as if you are going anywhere with it is it, go and get the bottles back and give me a call"

as of yet, no phone call

they are only 2 bottles o lucozade multipack and they only cost me the equivelant of about 26 p each (anyone who knows me knows i buy a lot) so it's not the fact that he's drunk them that bothers me, it's the way that i don't even know if he's gone to the rental place yet or not
he's been begging for money this morning, which i haven't got because i've got to buy visa's with the money i've got and i haven't got my card with me (left it at home for the mrs to buy plane tickets on line) otherwise i woldn't have minded lending him a fiver (even thoguh he owes most of the firm money in some way shape or form, even the lady from teh cafe is screwing baout the five he owes her from about 3 months ago)

i know i'm finding him guilty before he's even come back, but if he has scuppered my lucozade what is the best way to punish him?

i'm sitting here relying on my 2 bottles to give me sustinance for the remainder of teh day until i go home and he's fooked off with them, possibly drank them, and i'm getting just a little

seeing as he's only got 3 days left should i just leave it or should i stand up for my principles and give him a written warning for theft?
Old 27-09-2006, 11:28 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

2 bottles of lucozade and you are contemplating doing him for theft?

no offence mate but get a life! go and buy 2 more
Old 27-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's 2 bottle's of lucozade dude

I'd let it go mate, it's bad enough him losing his job without having a theft charge making it harder for him to find another job.

BUT ........... tell him he's a cunt
Old 27-09-2006, 11:31 AM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You REALLY need to find a hobby.....
Old 27-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You rely on two bottles of Lucozade to "get you through" the day,
Sorry mate but I think its a little over reaction on your part
Old 27-09-2006, 11:36 AM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

agreed, he is probably pissed cos he is losing his job!
Old 27-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

As you said above,2 bottles 26p each.....................so he has stolen 52p off you ,HE might get 12 months for that

He's gona piss in them anyway so go and get yourself 2 more
Old 27-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

All that for 2 bottles of lucozade?

No wonder he's whinging with a cunt of a boss like you

Also, the fella is losing his job, so cut him some slack!
Old 27-09-2006, 11:38 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

davemark
Old 27-09-2006, 11:40 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

He might be being a child but your arguing sounds as bad as his mate. Repeatidly reminding him to bring the Lucozade back with a combined value of 52p.

If you rely on them that much, I would have a 6 pack of them in reserve somewhere too.

He sounds a pain but I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 27-09-2006, 11:44 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Sounds like the straw that broke the camels back.

Fire him and employ a Romanian.
Old 27-09-2006, 11:50 AM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Fire him and employ a Romanian
PMSL
Old 27-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Davie
PassionFord Regular

'kin hell mate.

Sounds like lucozade is the last of your worries. You should be getting some much better treatment of you are that upset about them.

Not saying this guy is an angel, but he's losing his job, you aren't making it any easier.

Get out more. Get Drunk. Chill.
Old 27-09-2006, 11:57 AM
nath69uk
Regular Contributor

Power trip at its finest I reckon. I wouldnt have drunk them but I bet I would have wiped my dick around the edge of them.

Sat back and enjoyed watching you drink them.

Would make losing my job a whole lot better.
Old 27-09-2006, 12:04 PM
s1 2oobhp
PassionFord Regular

Old 27-09-2006, 12:21 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Doji piss in another bottle of lucozade and leave it in the next van he drives before he gets the gooner
Old 27-09-2006, 12:41 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be glad to lose my job if you were my boss. Thinking of doing him for theft for 52p.
Old 27-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

OVERREACT WHY DONT YA!!!

Old 27-09-2006, 12:51 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

well this topic went well
Old 27-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Heres a site for you,add it to your favorites list

Bottom right hand corner.................Theres even a game

http://www.lucozade.com/energy/
Old 27-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Davie
PassionFord Regular

No reply from Dojj... Think youare being a complete cock, buy a management book.

No wait, that makes them worse.
Old 27-09-2006, 01:47 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Mate, if missing your lucozade makes you that fucking paranoid and narky i think you 'may' have a caffine problem
Old 27-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

One word for Dojj RINSED

Good and proper, bet he didnt see this coming
Old 27-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Davie
PassionFord Regular

this thread will just be left to drop down the pages now LOL.

I'm sure he has learned from it.
Old 27-09-2006, 02:06 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

lol a whole 52p, the joys of 52p, what else could that buy? a choc bar? a can of coke? im sure u could scrape another 52p and buy another value pack lol and 4 the guy, he seems abit annoying, but prob more so annoying due 2 him losin his job, jus let him b with ur 2 lucozades mate, no harm done..except u lost a hole 52p, think bout the guy, hes loosing a hell of a lot mre then 52p..think u need 2 relax geeza...if u was my boss id b like this evrynight pmsl
Old 27-09-2006, 02:17 PM
dojj

fuckin' 'ell!!!! and i thought i was having a bad day anyway

and, put it like some of youhave put it, i can take that i'm over reacting just a little
no i'm not the little hitler boss that some of you are making me out to be, but it really is one of those things that really narks me about this one particular driver
if there is any sort of problem, his name is normally involved in it somewhere along the line

every work place has someone like him i suppose, the guy who will moan about everything (he's not the only one, there were 4 of them this morning with the complaints ranging from "my vans not clean i'm not employed to clean vans" to "he's nicked my van because it's clean" to "i'm not filling out my time sheet beauase i don't get any overtime anyway" to the guy who's job it is to complain about anything ebacuse "its not done right but i'm not going to say anything because it's not my job to make sure the orders are correct but i'll walk about moaning under my breath anyway just so you can all see that i'm pissed off and want to act like an old woman who is going to tell you what the problem is even thoguht she's said she's not going to speak another word because it gets her blood pressure up etc etc" this guy goes on about it the whole time he's in the office)
they are allocated vans, if they fuck them up then they suffer the shit box replacements from the hire companies with no built in satnavs so they have to use maps and go out into the wilderness and all that, and if they get a van thats dirty then they need to find out who's had the van before hand and get THEM to clean it out, not clean it out and then bitch and moan about it after they've come back and come out with "i've used thia that and the other to clean this van, wheres my money?" fuck that shit, i'm not sat here to pay you money, if you want to clean the van for someone else then thats your tough shit
i've got to deal with the likes of my bosses who tell me what i am supposed to be doing (like i don't already know) like going to an office in harley street, pick up 12 boxes of assorted shit with no help and your dodgy back and shoulder and then go and deliver it at another office and climb 2 flights of stairs withno one to hold the doors open for you PLUS doing all the driver stuff like all the office crap that comes with an office job

didn't realise i'd turned this into a rant back to the driver in question, he provided me with 2 other bottles (not the same ones i hasten to add as these aren;t multipack bottles but he did explain his reasons even though i didn't ask him*) so the status quo has returned to the office

on the other hand, i did make sure i used my reserve bottle while these ones go into the wash when i get home in about 20 minutes

besides, there was another cunt in the office when he came back so i didn't want to give him an excuse to sit there and be nosey

*his reasons were compleing enough that i lent him a fiver, see, i'm not a monster after all
Old 27-09-2006, 02:22 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

pmsl i never actulli understoon most of what u wrote, i understood about the two bottles he gave you back and afterr that but thats about it...but anyway good result at the end
Old 27-09-2006, 02:23 PM
dojj

kin ell, more replies

right then, he's not only losing his job, he might be sacked and not get his redundnacy money for smashing up the van yesterday morning on the A3 just half way to guilford from the M25 as he was doing 93 mph at the time of the accident (or just before anyway, harsh braking followed by ignition off 4 seconds later might indicate he'd had a bit of an "oh shit" momeent as he rear ended some woman in an almera)

on top of that he's got a stalker of an ex girlfriend, who breaks into hs flat every day to egt another change of clothes, so he's now put all her clothes in bags that are scattered around teh warehouse

and he's being booted out of the flat as the bint has had peole complaining baout him

plus he's skint

and there are other things but i wouldn't be playing fair if i let you know about them

one more thing, someone scammed him for a fiver last friday and i know that guy won't be back in a hurry
Old 27-09-2006, 02:29 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

all more of a reason to cut the guy sum slack...anyway the bad employee/ evil employer post is over,was fun wile it lasted lol mate at the end of the day, u havent always been ur own boss ( if u have den dats good) so put ur self in your employees shoes and think how you would b feeling if u was about 2 lose ur job, i would be kinda pissed
Old 27-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
the status quo has returned to the office
I like it I like it I lie lie lie like it. Rocking all over the world.

Dojj mate, give up the lucozades, sounds like they've shot your nerves to bits.
Old 27-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Davie
PassionFord Regular

Yeah and move on to some weed or someting.

You sound like the kinda guy who is standing at the front door looking at his watch waiting on your drivers coming back from a break.

Chill man. He's outa there, and he is safe in the knowledge knowing that you are out yer nut on lucozade (which isn't really very good for you btw).
Old 27-09-2006, 03:29 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its not worth it mate just leave it be
Old 27-09-2006, 07:24 PM
dojj

in all honesty peeps, i'm the most relaxed boss you could find
as long as you do the job, there is no flack from me, no matter how long it takes
you just need to be honest with me, if you've twated the van, picked up a parking ticket, fucked up in some other way, as long as i know i can work around it in 99% of the cases (ok, so the guy who splattered the pizza guy while he was pissed i couldn't help but that wouldn't have been up to me anyway, the was plod calling me and letting me know)
i've even covered for one guy who had his van stolen while he was fucking about otuside mercedes, and HE didn't get the sack either
it doesn't bother me either that you are speeding during the day, nor does it matter that you are dwadling
i get paid from the time i turn up to work till the time i lock up at night
today it was 3.30 in the afternoon, one day last week it was 10.30 at night
the fact that i get paid for my work at an hourly rate and the drivers get an anualised wage means that it's in their intrests to get back asap but it's in my intrests to get them to hang on as much as possible because i'm the person reaping the rewards (but only financially, sitting in an office does things to you when you can't look at the whole internet)

reading back it seems that i may have come across a bit heavy handed, if i had waited an hour he would have been back and so would the lucozade

i go on holiday in a week, perhaps i'll be back to my normal relaxed self upon my return i think i just needed to vent a bit so thanks for putting up with me, even though i might have sounded like a bit of a cock at some point in this thread

and no, i'm not going to rant at ba for fucking my online tickets up, nor tesco's for refusing my card because they thought it was stolen
Old 28-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you get your water cooler though
Old 28-09-2006, 09:43 AM
dojj

left it to my brother, who's making excuses now

"i've got nowehre to put 440 litres of water bottles"
"you've got a 3 bed house and only 2 peole living there, use the spare room"
"but i've got my stuff in there"
"move i then"
"put it in the garage?"
"no, i work there, it's not the plae to be leaving bit heavy bottles of water that you can't find a home for is it"
"moan moan"

git
Old 28-09-2006, 10:40 AM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got any jobs going