General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Capri Sport = Useless tossers

Search this Thread

Old 26-09-2006, 02:18 PM
scruffythefirst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capri Sport = Useless tossers

Sorry for coming on a bit strong but I'm really really pissed off with them.

First they send the wrong ARB bushes - 22mm instead of 19mm, fair enough one mistake is ok. But at this point the neglect to mention their master cylinder isn't a direct fit and that they sell an item to make it a direct fit.

Phone them to sort out the non fitting master cylinder and they suggest a solution but again, neglect to mention the parts they sell.

Phone them for a third time (last monday) to order more ARB bushes as I don't have time to return the wrong ones as I'm desperate to get the car back on the road. They don't have the ones I need in stock so sell me a 2.8i 24mm ARB to go with the new bushes. This time they mention their master cylinder fitting solution so I order that as well and check everything is in stock and I'll have it by the weekend.

Thursday arrives and no delivery so I give them a ring and discover they're busy as they have decorators in so I won't get the parts till monday.

Well the parts arrived today (tuesday) and they've sent me a 24mm ARB and 22mm bushes. To say I am pissed off is an understatement.

So my car has now been off the road for 3 weeks because they're so shit. I've built 2 kit cars now and never had any problems like this with any other supplier or parts not fitting as advertised. Totally unnaceptable, even if it is a company run by volunteers. Not to mention they never answer their phones or phone you back if you leave a message.

Their parts are good quality, but IMHO overpriced. I ordered discs and pads from rally design at a lot less than caprisports advertised price. Their caliper relocation brackets are £50 (I bought some for my kit car for £16 from someone else). They're not even that well designed as you have to drill the hub, simply reversing the bolt and having a plain hole in the bracket would solve this. Plus, they have the cheek to charge £14 a year membership.

My advice would be to stay away
Old 26-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Old 26-09-2006, 02:26 PM
scruffythefirst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Stu, I don't like posting stuff like this but It's got to be done. Good customer service is a dying art. Always found the traders on here to be great, yourself, gearboxman, north yorks rs spares and pro alloy have always been spot on