General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

help just had a bump info needed!

Search this Thread

Old 23-09-2006, 11:46 PM
fezzanut
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help just had a bump info needed!

hey guys i was just in a car park when a girl and a few kids in the car next to me scratched my car,they opened the door to get in and the girl let off her handbrake and the door dented and scratched my wing and kit and took the indicator repeater off and my rs badge.its quite bad.she gave me her phone no and reg as she didnt have the insurance details on her.ive never been in this situation before so i dont know how to go about getting it sorted through her insurance etc?she said she will phone me in the morning at 9 with her insurance details so any info before then will be great thanks!
Old 23-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You call your insurance company Monday morning , they send out a claim form , you fill it in with the details you have . They will do the rest like track down her insurance details if she has any .............. but even if she dont youll still get some dough from the Motor Insurance Indusrtry after about a year like what happened to me when I got smacked by an uninsured driver
Old 24-09-2006, 12:15 AM
fezzanut

ok.do i need to tell the police?she said she is a named driver on her parents insurance,will i get a courtesy car for work?also do i get choice of where to take it to have the work done?
Old 24-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont need to call the police as it was in a car park an no one was injured ,

Company car depends on if your fully comp or not , and yes you do get a choice of who repairs it but it might take longer if your insurance dont deal with that specific company for authorised repairs .
Old 24-09-2006, 12:35 AM
fezzanut

im not fully comp but surely if it was her fault then her insurance company should provide me with a company car?i want it done properly and as mint as it was before so i dont want no shitty body shop doing it i want it done in ford!
Old 24-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fezzanut
im not fully comp but surely if it was her fault then her insurance company should provide me with a company car?i want it done properly and as mint as it was before so i dont want no shitty body shop doing it i want it done in ford!
If its insurance approved the chances are it aint gonna be some back street garage with a bucket of primer and an aerosol mate

You can try and claim for a curtesy car , like i say , ring insurance Monday and they will advise you better
Old 24-09-2006, 12:45 AM
fezzanut

thanks for the advice mate much appreciated!
Old 24-09-2006, 12:45 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Why not get a quote for the repair from someone of your choice who you think or know will do the job to your satisfaction, then ring her with the price. Could save going through insurance and it upping her parents premium as if she is on their policy, she will no doubt cop an ear bashing anyway.

Her excess might be very high too, higher than the cost to repair it. Any pics as it might help people gauge the rough price.

Hope you get it sorted anyway
Old 25-09-2006, 04:57 PM
fezzanut

cheers mate i will try and get a pic up soon