General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ASAP............cheers

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ASAP............cheers

I sold a 4x4 cosworth engine loom feb 06 on ebay it was the 1st thing ive ever sold on ebay and i forgot to cancel the paypal option thinking that it wasnt preset and i wrote an advisory note saying "please pay by cash or cheque", the bidding went on and the loom sold for £49 inc all postage costs, as soon as the loom sold the winning bidder paid the money straight into the wifes paypal account (my fault as i didnt delete the option)..so i sent the loom as he had paid me and set about trying to get the money!!!....thing is its an account that we've never used and her parents use the account now and we had no way of getting to the money....after about 2-3 weeks i got an email from paypal saying as i never got the funds out of the holding account the money has been returned to the sender , i sent email after email to him but got no reply, its now may/june time and he emails me back saying that he'd chased it up as its very unusual hat happened and can i send him my address and he will end me a cheque, thing is no cheque arrived and ive emailed him loads of times but have got no reply... .........now what do i do
ive got his address and luckily its in glos an i live in swindon so its only 30 miles away but should i go knocking on his door asking for it?? or can i persue it through other means(its an old account now so going through ebay could be difficult??), im getting really pissed of its not a great deal of money but enoughs a nuff and i see this as complete theft which totally fucks me off............HELP ... im not wanting to get into a fight over it if i can as im not that sort of person but whats the best way of sorting this??? cheers
Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

if you have asked the buyer for the money and he has ignored you, think its time to knock on his door.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
COSSIE 1

yea i know mate i think ill have to take a little trip over... just pises me off that someone knows what they've done and i sent him a few emails saying that im giving him the chance to pay me or ill have to turn up on his doorstep asking for it AND SENT HIM HIS ADDRESS to prove im not bluffing ....gosh if i owed someone £49 and someone threatened me that they'd turn up on my doorstep after numerous emails id defo pay him or at least send a post dated cheque if i couldnt afford it ........gosh im getting worked up........WHY??????????
Old 08-09-2006, 07:06 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be in a minority but in my eyes he has done nothing wrong.

It is you that had issues at your end, which is hardly his fault.

Take the kick in the balls and learn from it, sort your self out so it dosn't happen again.

Ok its morally wrong if he is ignoring emails I guess, but he should never have been put in that situation should he.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
COSSIE 1

what?? he paid into my paypal account and the funds were returned into his account= he hasnt fucking paid me..............any person with half a brain will feel bad and send a cheque and its theft????????????no im gona go round there and either...
A. get my money
B. get my loom back
C. get the other halfs family give him a visit when they are down next month...3 big glaswegion fookers.
END OFF
Old 08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

He has paid you... (or your wife as you said)

The funds were returned back, because YOU didn't collect it.

Hardly his fault.

Thats how I read it anyway
Old 08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
roybacer

TBH mate i'd just accept it as a lesson learnt, its a fair while back now, and its a fairly small amount of money.

and you are partly to blame IMO

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Chipped UK LTD
Regular Contributor

In the eyes of the law he has done nothing wrong.
go on ebay, go to the search section and do a search on seller and get his home number.
then call him.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
COSSIE 1

its not the money thats fooking me off its the moral behind it.. just the way i feel..i know what ur saying mate but he paid me and everything got cocked up but at the end of the day he hasnt paid me endoff.............if this happened and it was £1000 instead of £49 all would be fine then would it...as he did pay me????
Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Edit the first post to add a Poll Paul

and then we'll see what the silent majority think