General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mediums....anyone been to one??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 09:27 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mediums....anyone been to one??

so have ya??

did you go because you didnt belive or did you got for a personal reason?

if you didnt believe before do you now?

would you recommend it?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:36 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

I find a large fits better

Only you can decide what happens in your life..
Old 04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

yeah, but they tell you stuff you can't get your head round until its happened(things in your life I mean), then your not even sure that what happens is anything to do with what they were on about at all in the first place. Its easy for some advise or a situation/event they talk about to fit into your life they arn't exactly pin point.
Though I did find tbh that it was helpful in some way , kind of like being helped with the answer to a question you dont know of until it gets there.
If that makes any sense.
Give it a go but I think if its for a personal reason a good pal is just as helpful.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Alloy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I never used to believe in all that tripe, and still don't really. I think the people are professional bullshitter's and know all the right button's to push to make their claim's seem true.

However, my grandad died about 3 years ago on an plane, took a heart attack after moving to my aunt's seat ( who he was going on holiday with ). My aunt got a real bad feeling about it, like a destiny type thing and all sort's of crap, just for the fact he had moved onto her seat. It played on her mind for ages. Anyway, when she got beck to work, she was telling some of her workmates about how he died and how she felt. Next day one of her friend's came into work and said his wife wanted to meet my aunt.

When she went to meet her it turned out she was a medium type thing and started telling my aunt about my grandad and other stuff, without asking any questions. My aunt said all she knew was her name after introducing herself. This woman was able to tell my aunt that my grandad was now with his wife Margaret ( my gran ) and also was able to tell her about him having two wedding ring's, something only my mum and aunt knew about. There was also other stuff mentioned but it's more or less stating the same point I'm making, this girl was for real.

My conclussion, there are people out there who can do it, but they are one in a million and on the other hand, there is thousand's or probably million's of fakes, and that's most likely what you'll end up visiting.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

I thought you were a Born again christian ian?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Total bollocks.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:52 PM
THEYGOTMETOO
CUNT!

Location: BLUE PILL or RED PILL ... All I offer is the truth, nothing more, nothing less. You choose.

Sorry, just my opinion but I can’t stand these people, borderline lowest of the low; they just prey on people’s peoples emotional vulnerabilities, normally when they are at a really low point in their life.

Most of what they do is nothing more than simple psychology and open-ended questions, anyone with some common sense can learn how to do that.

The ones that actually believe there are voices in their heads; well they probably shouldn’t have been released so early.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

Good point alloy, cant trust to many people.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
tis true lee yes mate. BUT whilts it supposed to be fairly wrong, (ie christian looking for sanction/proof/ black magic etc )it still does not help my loss from this year, ie my aunt as you know

Boy this year aint half been an insight into finding your real friends and who they are and how well they wil stand up by you,

More importantly is that i have yes now come to terms with the death and i can post this emoticon very proudly.

Its took me 9 months to deal with this in all honesty Lee and will take a while yet. Whilst i do believe etc its still hard.

The next step for me really is this medium visit my friend, I knwo she is ok, but i want to hear to for myself
Old 04-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by the sludge
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
tis true lee yes mate. BUT whilts it supposed to be fairly wrong, (ie christian looking for sanction/proof/ black magic etc )it still does not help my loss from this year, ie my aunt as you know

Boy this year aint half been an insight into finding your real friends and who they are and how well they wil stand up by you,

More importantly is that i have yes now come to terms with the death and i can post this emoticon very proudly.

Its took me 9 months to deal with this in all honesty Lee and will take a while yet. Whilst i do believe etc its still hard.

The next step for me really is this medium visit my friend, I knwo she is ok, but i want to hear to for myself
well, i hate mediums in all honesty mate and im not a beleive in god, BUT i know you are and i know how BA Christianity works as a lot of my relatives are....and i really think you ought to rethink going to this medium mate!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:11 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

i agree ther with you lee.

its a personal thing now really mate aside from wha my beliefs are. Thats all. I gues itmy total 100% as such knowing that it is all ok and all true i fthat makes sense
Old 04-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by the sludge
i agree ther with you lee.

its a personal thing now really mate aside from wha my beliefs are. Thats all. I gues itmy total 100% as such knowing that it is all ok and all true i fthat makes sense
but its all false Ian. Save the memories YOU have of ya Aunt, and not some shite made up crap that the medium will tell you...

OR, in what your beliefs are you should be telling yourself mediums are the work of the devil iirc

dont go pal
Old 04-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i dont think mediums have anything to do with god, its just the spirits.

Honestly.....i do believe in that stuff, i believe in the paranormal stuff.

But just like the mediums, there comes fake programmes along with it. Some bits it seems they are fishing too hard trying to make out someone was saying something when its just a bang, which gets on my tits

But, having a few quite dramatic deaths in our family, and witnessing my mum going to a medium, i do believe in it
Old 04-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

went to one with the misses many many years ago, i sat down and this bloke tryed very hard to tell me all about my self, ect, i didnt give him any clues just said yes and no to his questions and he was so lost, after about 15 minutes off uttter crap he said " that was all he could get " and asked for his money I said " well mate if you had been any good at what you did, you whould have knew that i wasnt going to pay you when i sat down " and with that i got up and left and havent been near one since.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my godmother won a competition with that colin fry bloke, english fella on Living TV

In a hours session he got one thing right, but that was the road that my great nan used to live down as a little girl, but she only found that out when she went home
Old 04-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
Total bollocks.

WASTE OF TIME AND TOTAL SHITE

And before you ask no i haven't been...AS IF
Old 04-09-2006, 11:54 PM
CJBear
Part of the Furniture

I let you into a little secret my ex used to do readings and mediums stuff and i can honestly and assure you these people have more issues than you could ever dream of
Old 05-09-2006, 12:06 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
Total bollocks.
my mates mother works as one ...and as above ...total tosh to me ..

when the beer gets flowing out on the piss...i carnt help but mention it

he says she has the gift honest .....

taxi please ..
Old 05-09-2006, 12:14 AM
AndyBlackFRST
Advanced PassionFord User

do believe in them... My mum is a medium and works at a church place once a week where people come to her..

Told me alot of things in the past that once they happened I remembered mum telling me about them
Old 05-09-2006, 12:18 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eric can see the future too ....

we have such Sights to show you ....whats your Pleasure...

Old 05-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no comment on this ian sorry mate....

if you have an issue or have something on your mind dont go it could make matters worse and such crap could be said.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

best leave well alone
Old 05-09-2006, 07:41 AM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by avid-fan
eric can see the future too ....

we have such Sights to show you ....whats your Pleasure...

Old 05-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Leave it alone - if your dearly departed want to make contact they will find a way to do it. After all, they are in a much better position to find you than some charlatan is to find them.

I don't actually believe one way or the other - my dad has been dead for 30 years and I've heard nothing - not even a postcard - and he should have known there have been times when I REALLY could have done with having him around!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:49 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thing is with this stuff,is some people can do it,
and some people think they can do it,and for approx Ł30
they expect everything and the lottery numbers
please explain how without giving away any info,some of these
mediums/crystal gazers can give accurate info regards past ,
present and future.
the most well known one is Derek Acorah,he gave my mil
accurate info on her mum,she has never met him,or told
him anything for him to guess.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:54 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I used to be a medium

just about a small now
Old 07-09-2006, 09:12 AM
The Sludge
garibaldi

[quote="Iain Mac"]Leave it alone - if your dearly departed want to make contact they will find a way to do it. After all, they are in a much better position to find you than some charlatan is to find them.

quote]

Thats settled it. Cheers ian
Old 07-09-2006, 09:18 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I think some people can benefit from seeing a medium because it causes them to reflect on themselves or makes them more open to accept things.

However the art of being a medium is one about manipulation and it shouldn't be taken seriously.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:25 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

mediums are scum and feed from the weak

i proved i could be a medium to a friend in work! with a little thought and very open questions/answers you would be chocked how much you can read from someone!

i cant remember the break down but it is something like

17% of what you actually say is taken in
33% tonal
50% bodylanguage
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i'd go just for the experience because i'd always be wondering! but if you do, then go in the frame of mind that what they are saying means nothing.

I went to one just for the experince and I had to ask her about the 2 most important subjects i wanted to know about, and her answers were exactly what I wanted to hear. But i asked her so of course she is going to make the answers light and happy isnt she!!

although one thing she said about was that I should check the front lights on my car, and she was right because no matter what car i have the bulbs keep blowing on my fogs!! I still dont believe it though and cant really remember anything apart from that which she told me!