General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

back to school

Search this Thread

Old 20-08-2004, 08:59 PM
ricky
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back to school

any body on this board who nows where
to get rockports from cheep for the kids
for school not paying£180 for school shoes
Old 20-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

:gayflag: no Idea man, buy them trainers, much cheaper
Old 20-08-2004, 09:25 PM
McPikie
Banned

Old 20-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats with the gay flag?

I cant get into a few pubs/clubs round here because they dont like Rockport/Henri Lloyd/etc, as they think your a trouble maker, but they happy to let you in if you some spiked mullet haired reject from "The Salon" wearing white leather slip on loafers...

Now stuff like THAT deserves a :gayflag:
Old 20-08-2004, 09:36 PM
McPikie
Banned

Itsmeagain, same here mate, does my tits it.

You get told to fuck off with a pair of shoes that cost more than 5 peoples outfits in the queue. Topshop wearing bastards
Old 21-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Chipperx2

sorry bout the :gayflag: I was just testin it was workin on ma comp, aye mate I agree av given up goin to the metro ( local club) basically cos its always filled with ned (townie) scum tryin to spike ure drinks and fight u!!!But i must admit the main fact is taht the music they play is just a pile of pop shit that has been raved up to the eyeballs and u get all the tossers taht love it aswell which is just as funny
Old 21-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

me n pikie not on bout the townie scum, infact we not a million miles from that tho the ones you on about sound like proper tossers.

what i dont like is the studenty, quifhead, slip-on loafer wearing, camp boys get into places, but they wont let you in certain places in rockports, henri lloyd, etc, even tho its smart and costs shitloads, jus cause they think youl be a troublemaker cause of what you wearing.

to be honest 99% of the fights seem to be these quifhead nonces (usualy students new to the town etc) getting mouthy or thinking they hard, and then getting knocked the fuck out.

spose the bouncers dont mind them in places, as fighting amongst themselfs no damage is done, as its fights like this--
Old 21-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Chipperx2

kk mate got what ure on about now, aye saltcoats is pretty bad for these types of people, the shitty topshop threadz , fake mohawk hair doo's are really annoying and most of the burds are right munters but there are a few who puta on yer face lol!!! infact a would go out tonite if a wasn't working
Old 21-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.mandmsports.com/
Old 21-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Lee R
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

why would they need Rockports for school?
Old 21-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sheffield hooligans aint called stoneys for nowt LOL
Old 21-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tell that to the blades mate
Old 22-08-2004, 03:19 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Jus thought id let you know, got refused from 2 clubs tonight becasuse of the fuckin Henri Lloyd shirt.

We had a crackin fight after tho
Old 22-08-2004, 03:48 AM
kevsrs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
Jus thought id let you know, got refused from 2 clubs tonight becasuse of the fuckin Henri Lloyd shirt.

We had a crackin fight after tho
Why not wear clothes that they'll let you in with if you know they'll knock you back with all your designer gear?

I'm glad you had the customery fisticuffs, it wouldn't be a night on the town otherwise

Oh and as per this post i can't believe no-one said ebay yet
Old 22-08-2004, 10:49 AM
soulweavers
PassionFord Regular

Seen lots on ebay at half price, will cost nothing to browse there and you might strike lucky.
Old 22-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee R
Exactly what I was thinking!

Would it not be better to give em sinsible, nee: low cost, stuff for school seeing as they will a) probably reck em b) lose em and c) swamp ya kids in all the latest names and shit they are more likely to get the shit kicked out of em and it all robbed from em.....

FFS it's school - not a fasion parade Whats next - Chav's Elementary?
Old 22-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Thrush
Originally Posted by Lee R
Exactly what I was thinking!

Would it not be better to give em sinsible, nee: low cost, stuff for school seeing as they will a) probably reck em b) lose em and c) swamp ya kids in all the latest names and shit they are more likely to get the shit kicked out of em and it all robbed from em.....

FFS it's school - not a fasion parade Whats next - Chav's Elementary?
What a crock of shit

Think about it, think back to school...

Who were the kids with the mates, with the birds, with the life, the cool kids, was it the ones wearing 15quid shoes from the market, ill fitting school clothes, a coat that even your gramp wouldnt be seen dead in, and a haircut given to them by their mum?

WAS IT FUCK

It was the kids with all the shit, school is the biggest fucking fashion parade going, and TBH the most important one and thats your formative years if we talking senior school, these years will often decide if your gonna end up one of the popular ones, or some fucking dork thats gona spend the rest of their life beating one off home alone, then marry some fat sweaty ginger bird
You can be the best fucking person in the world, but its school, its shallow, and unless you cool as fuck, you havent got a prayer to prove to anyone you are this wonderful person.

When your kids want mega expensive mountain bikes, slap em, and jus give them a cheaper but decent looking one, as they dont make any difference, but clothes and shit, IMO its money well spent.

I remember when i was 13 wearing 165quid nike air max's n shit

I can be 100% sure if i wasnt one of the popular ones at school id not have the life i have today, 100%.
I still see a lot of the people we went to school with, and some of the popular ones are now not (mainly as they now scummy skagheads), but NOBODY who was a feckin dork at school are now having a quality life, some are doing ok, but nothing special, still the same people at school having all the fun.

While the dorky kids are at home playing with their winkys and watching pokemon, the popular ones are out at partys, drinking, meeting people, esp birds, from other shools, other places, and these birds are playing with their winkys
So by the time they out of school they beggining to know how to act around birds, know how to take drink, and know loads of people, all very fucking important, they got experience of life which carrys on helping and building for years, trust me.

Duno bout yall, but i want my kid to be the one with all the mates and all the birds, and if making sure he looks cool is the thing to help (trust, it is), id fucking do it.
Old 22-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

chav
Old 22-08-2004, 12:54 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Steve,
I can't beleive this shite!
Kids do not need designer clothes for school FFS
I take it you haven't got kids...
Old 22-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Thrush- Yes, a chav, with loads of birds and mates, yup (Theres chav and theres CHAV tho, im no jubby skanky lil fucker, i got cash, im jus no quifhead toni&guy looking poofter)

Rich- No kids i know of, but i remember school vividly, and tho the situation i described is not ideal, i know for a fucking FACT its true, and that why id do my fucking damdest to help the fuckers.

TBH id never want kids until i was wedged up enough to be able to give my kids some decent shit, 180quid rockports is pushing it, but theyd get decent fashionable stuff, not stuff from C+A cause it looks well made and is a good price...
Old 22-08-2004, 01:11 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Steve,
I think it's a bit of a sad reflection specifically of the circles you yourself operate in (sorry, that's gonna sound like a diss on you personally, it ain't meant to)
From my experiences, the peeps with all the designer stuff and bling were/are considered to be the saddo's- very shallow...
I guess it's just gonna depend on your individual outlook in life..
Make your own mind up later in life, when you are personally making your own choices and financial commitments, but schoolkids FFS...
The saddest fact is, that most of the parents who buy this shit and fuel the problem (and it is a problem, as you pointed out at the start) CANNOT afford it..
The kid who is able to stand on his own in life without having to have the designer 'uniform' to gain 'respect' is going to be soooooooo far better off in the long run.

all IMO of course, rant over
Old 22-08-2004, 01:18 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

pmsl at this thread, some people only feel good in designer clothes but the thing that makes me laugh is they only have one pair of shoes and one shirt, and wear them out every week how many people earn enough to have a wardrobe full??? not many
Old 22-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Its not a diss at all.

But IMO your wrong

Firstly, how old are you, how old are your experiences? Im not long 24, and our circle of friends goes right back to people who are 17 or so, so still know the same things i say are right.

Also, peoples opinions change depending on their situation, luckily im giving my opinion from the inside looking out if you get me, so know exactly what its like and what goes on.

Shallow maybe, but IMO when it comes down to it, EVERYTHING in life boils down to fun, in fact boils down to birds.
The popular ones at school were the ones getting on the fit birds, going to the good partys etc, having the best fun (due to being in the same group of people, due to actually knowing more people cause they were popular, blah blah).

Its STILL the same sort of people coming on 10 years later, your senior school years are THE most formative years of your fookin life, who you are then is VERY similar to how youl always be, people try to change, but never can completley.

People might be happy with their life, married, kids, nice house, blah blah, but ignoring "feelings" (ie love, blah blah) wouldnt anybody swap it for loads of even fitter birds and general fun and fucking about? Id rather be Hugh Heffner than Hugh Jones in his 3 bedroom semi with a happy marridge and 3 kids...

Makes no odds if your with a different set of people now, i dont hang round with a single person i did from school, but school is what forms you to whatever you are, not TOTALY but more than anything ever will afterwards.

I remember when we left school and people went to 6th forms (we didnt have one) and colleges, a LOT of the less popular people went off to their new places and tried to restart their lives, as it was TOTALY different people they all tried blagging it that they the cool lot etc, it doesnt work as their personality etc is already formed, its obvious who you are, no matter how much you try n fake it.

Like i said, i still see a LOT of people from school etc, and however they was then, they still "bascily" are now, some get a bit better, some get worse, but peoples situations and social standings are almost all the same, only people whos REALLY changed are people whos suddenly got an obscene amount of cash, or the birds whos suddenly realised a few grand on a tit job and some makeup and they fit as fuck

Its not the kids have nothing going for them so need the cool clothes to be popular, if your still a fucking dick you STILL wont get anywhere.
Its the fact school is SOO shallow the kids wont get a CHANCE to prove how fucking quality they are unless they look the part to begin with!

Its true its a shit situation, and parents fueling it by going along with it makes it worse, but id rather go along with it and help ma kid than refuse to "so i dont fuel the situation" and have my kid be ones of the fuckin brady bunch as i know for a fact that sticks, even when your in a totaly different set of people.
Old 22-08-2004, 01:40 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Default Re: back to school

Originally Posted by ricky
any body on this board who nows where
to get rockports from cheep for the kids
for school not paying£180 for school shoes
If you live near romford Diechman Shoes in the Brewery are cheap as you like, I think I bought a pair and got an extra set free for £20
Old 22-08-2004, 02:24 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Who were the kids with the mates, with the birds, with the life, the cool kids, was it the ones wearing 15quid shoes from the market, ill fitting school clothes, a coat that even your gramp wouldnt be seen dead in, and a haircut given to them by their mum?

WAS IT FUCK

It was the kids with all the shit, school is the biggest fucking fashion parade going, and TBH the most important one and thats your formative years if we talking senior school, these years will often decide if your gonna end up one of the popular ones, or some fucking dork thats gona spend the rest of their life beating one off home alone, then marry some fat sweaty ginger bird
You can be the best fucking person in the world, but its school, its shallow, and unless you cool as fuck, you havent got a prayer to prove to anyone you are this wonderful person.

When your kids want mega expensive mountain bikes, slap em, and jus give them a cheaper but decent looking one, as they dont make any difference, but clothes and shit, IMO its money well spent.

I can be 100% sure if i wasnt one of the popular ones at school id not have the life i have today, 100%.
I still see a lot of the people we went to school with, and some of the popular ones are now not (mainly as they now scummy skagheads), but NOBODY who was a feckin dork at school are now having a quality life, some are doing ok, but nothing special, still the same people at school having all the fun.

While the dorky kids are at home playing with their winkys and watching pokemon, the popular ones are out at partys, drinking, meeting people, esp birds, from other shools, other places, and these birds are playing with their winkys
So by the time they out of school they beggining to know how to act around birds, know how to take drink, and know loads of people, all very fucking important, they got experience of life which carrys on helping and building for years, trust me.

Duno bout yall, but i want my kid to be the one with all the mates and all the birds, and if making sure he looks cool is the thing to help (trust, it is), id fucking do it.

tbh mate, i know what your saying, but this 'cool' group your on about is most probably despised by every fooker in school for being a bunch off arseholes. (no offence if you were in it!)

when i was in school there was a group of lads who always thought they were hard, they ALL wore rockports, then they all work kicker boots with silver stripes on em, basiclly a bunch of fucking sheep following each other with no fashion sense. they all thought they were the cool bunch.

now i was never one of these kids to have bling shit at school, i always wore 30quid pairs of shoes and whatever, and i was never in this cool group, but everyone appart from these dicks was mates with me. i went and quit school at 15, didnt do my GCSE's, moved down to weston from stoke on trent and started college. now at college ive got a big group of mates, most people know me, at work, everyfucker knows me, and im mates with everyone, i make friends wherever i go.....and i was never in this 'cool' gang.....

sorry but i disagree totally with what your saying. if your lad is a decent kid, and not either some sad little twat, or pumped up soon-to-be townie, then hes gonna be popular no matter what he wears or how he looks. i was and am an ugly ginger cunt with average shoes, still done well in college, heading a for a very good career, got a fit bird, and have loads of mates....

let your son make his freinds not is fooking shoes!

[rant over]
Old 22-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Chipperx2

At secondary school I was never popular, basically cause I listened to punk etc and skateboarded, took me a few yeas to realise that i didn't give a flying fook what neds thought about me, cause I was so much better than em'at most things, now that am older I still do all teh things I used too do and the peopl taht used to slag me at school are now my friends ( most of em neway) cause as u get older in school people begin to respect you for sticking to what u like and not running in with the crowd I have my close mates and they will be ma mates forever because there the people who see your for what u are not for what u shuould aspire to be eg (TOWNIE). and as for shoes I wore skate trainers to school all the way thru and they were really comfortable and looked good evan if I respectable size 13
Old 22-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Chipperx2

Ismeagain said:

What a crock of shit

WAS IT FUCK

I SAY:

Burds are shit at handjobs neway either too fookin hard and too slow not gettin' u newhere
Old 22-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

xr-stu

you dont get me do you

il say the same thing for the 3rd time

school is that shallow you dont get the chance to prove yourself to be a great person unless you look that part, 1st impressions count, infact they do everywhere, school or not, just senior school is really the first time it matters much.

my last post before this one goes into more detail bout all that rather than the one you quoted.

fact also is people out the loop would hate the others, partly as everyones haters, and partly as people are nasty wankers at school and the "cool" lot were probably total wakers towards the others (i was a right cunt at school to people, and feel a "bit" bad bout it now), and no way would agree with this either, as who wants to say, or think, "they doing better than me".

its just life, the popular people, the "cool" people, have the most oppertunitys for fun, have the best birds, blah de blah

its also life that school is the most formative years of your life, and ive yet to meet anyone whos school life now has absolutley no bearing on their current life (tho most wouldnt like to think it or admit it)

this argumets becoming pointless now as its the same 2 types of replys every time as thats the only 2 points of view there can be
Old 22-08-2004, 02:50 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

its also life that school is the most formative years of your life, and ive yet to meet anyone whos school life now has absolutley no bearing on their current life (tho most wouldnt like to think it or admit it)
thats bollocks steve,,, most poeple who THOUGHT they was in the "IN" gang in school now earn 5 quid an hour making shit in factorys, and have no real money to have some propper fun!
Old 22-08-2004, 02:57 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
thats bollocks steve,,, most poeple who THOUGHT they was in the "IN" gang in school now earn 5 quid an hour making shit in factorys, and have no real money to have some propper fun!
spot on there mate, most of the cool crowd at my school are all dick heads and always will be. i know at least three work in maccyd's full time, the rest are probably dossing. where as after ive finished college in bristol and completed a course im doing in LA (yeah LA california..) ill be having the fun....

i.m.a. i agree with you to a certain extent mate, but i dont think that being in this in crowd is gonna do anyone any favours in the long run. if your a decent person then no matter what group you were in during school your gonna do well.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

maybe in barry

TBH its about 50/50 here, half of em are dead or crackheads, the rest of us carried on growing up and making use of any advantages this shit at school gave.

If your some scummy thick as shit waster at school, youl be fucked after that no matter how "cool" you are, im NOT saying be some scummy chav, theres a difference.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:05 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Up till about 15 I was wearing cast down clothes and one day a girl I'd upset fookin let me have it, the truth, in large amounts. It hit home and I I went shopping (with my mum of course) and bought some Eclipse jeans and a Reebock sweatshirt. It may not have been much but I felt infinatly better about myself, I wouldn't wear anything else, when I was out after school I felt so much more confident despite my nerdlinger haircut and skin condition that made me look like Pizza The Hutt from Spaceballs.

I think if you are a dick then your parents buying you cool clothes will just make you a cocky dick, but if you aren't cool clothes can really help build confidence. And if you are a normal humble human being then it wont turn you into a dick. I'm not a big fan of labels, in fact I am quite anti-labels and find it a bit gay when blokes care about them. But if that's what makes someone feel better about themselves then fair play.

If I have kids then I wont want to send them to school looking like nerds, I don't think it's fair because they don't know better till it is too late. If they start becomming cocky lable loving garlords tho I'll send the lad to school in a dress and shave his sisters hair off.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:10 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MWF
If they start becomming cocky lable loving garlords tho I'll send the lad to school in a dress and shave his sisters hair off.
spot on there mate FPMSL at that!!

i often go out clubbing in a 30 quid pair of jeans, 15 quid shirt, pair of suede boots, and i look the dogs bollocks. outfit probably cast me less than some peoples shoes, yet i still look shit hot.....labels dont mean fa really!
Old 22-08-2004, 03:24 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by xr-stu
Originally Posted by MWF
If they start becomming cocky lable loving garlords tho I'll send the lad to school in a dress and shave his sisters hair off.
spot on there mate FPMSL at that!!

i often go out clubbing in a 30 quid pair of jeans, 15 quid shirt, pair of suede boots, and i look the dogs bollocks. outfit probably cast me less than some peoples shoes, yet i still look shit hot.....labels dont mean fa really!
LOL that's me summed up entirely too, I buy my jeans from Next cos they fit me perfect at £30 a pop, I buy all my shirts from a cheap discount outlet mall and wont pay more than £15. I am fussy what I buy and how well it fits me, I also stay away from stuff with the label printed clearly on it as like I say I am pretty anti-labels. I look very good, probably cos I am dead handsome (my mum told me so) but either way if someone looks down on me because who makes my clothes I don't want to know em really.

School is a little different tho, kids aren't clever enough to know when something is cool because it's actually good or cool because the other kids say so. I would only buy them something made by a pricey manufacture they specified if they were actually a well made product.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

suede boots
Old 22-08-2004, 03:27 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

steve have you ever thought that people laugh at you for trying to be in "THE IN GANG"

Quick Reply: back to school