General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Golden Handcuff Jobs !!

Search this Thread

Old 15-08-2006 | 08:37 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Golden Handcuff Jobs !!

Has anybody on here had one of these were you make to much money that leaving would be very hard .............. but you dont enjoy your job ??

And if so what did you do ?

Mike
Old 15-08-2006 | 09:10 PM
kevandalice
PassionFord Regular

the alarm went off and i woke up
Old 15-08-2006 | 10:36 PM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

YES

i drive a FLT and make 25k for 38 hrs pw before ANY overtime

the company is closing down and moving to Poland in the near future, but they just wont tell us when

i would have stayed till the death as my redundancy from them is 5 weeks per year i have been there, plus 90 days plus any bonuses accrued

which equates to 14k redundancy for working for them for 3 years

just a shame its all fooked up a the moment and im suspended on full pay pending an invesigation regarding being assaulted in work last thursday...

ANYTHING could happen, but my solicitor tells me if i get sacked, i could get LOTS of money out of them for unfair dismissal etc

I honestly wish i would never had started with them (been saying this for 12 months), even though the money is above unbelievable for the job i do, all its meant in 3 years is SOOOO much stress its untrue

SOMETIMES THE CASH ISNT WORTH THE HASSLE AND STRESS

at the moment, i feel like my life is way beyond the "right track"
Old 15-08-2006 | 10:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

adam mate just chill fora bit mate

i had a similer situation but it was one where i hated my job and as a result i messed up and got suspended and was gonna be sacked as i was bang to rights

anyway i was stressed as i had a kid on the way and the missus was the only one working

anyway i managed toget through it and a few months later we bought our first flat together and even though its tough cause my missus aint working right now we manage to now get by,,,,,,,, even though im on less cash than i was on before too,,,,,,, its cause when i was out of work i managed to sort out my spending ect and now we manage resonably

as got golden handcuffs,,,,,,,,,, nope im not lucky enough to get paied too much