General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Rolling Road , loadings and calibration.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolling Road , loadings and calibration.

I'm wondering how much does the loading of the engine change the Power and torque.

Also if the Rev's werent calibrated correct, what would this do??

AS
Been studying all of my Power runs on a Dyno Dynamics RR in June.

And i noticed on some, the boost rised different on some of the runs, (and car tune un touched between runs, and done 12 runs in total, and all within 20 minutes)

And i know all the runs had ACT's 29-31oC, coolant and oil temps were the same to each other runs, as i monited, and kept notes for each run.

Cheers Danny
Old 11-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Garage19
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know, but I've seen companies that fiddle the results using the air temp compensation!

I guess long as losses are the same on the way up as they are when measured on the way down the figures will be ok, but if the engine is under more/less load it may have an effect on the way the boost comes in????
Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garage19
I don't know, but I've seen companies that fiddle the results using the air temp compensation!

I guess long as losses are the same on the way up as they are when measured on the way down the figures will be ok, but if the engine is under more/less load it may have an effect on the way the boost comes in????

I used Surrey RR, which on the day (was a PF event) a few cars were upset with the power their cars made.

Also Charlie @ Surrey RR, knew i werent hunting BHP, i was testing what different Ignition advances/ and boost's changed the output.

So i was quite shaw they are True figures, and as you say all the losses seem fine.

And i was wondering this morning as i was studying all my graph's.