General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Assaulted in work tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assaulted in work tonight!!

What a fooking night!!

basically i work as a forklift driver at a well known toothpaste company on a nightshift tonight, i work on the main floor where the toothpaste is being made, my job is to put pallets of empty tubes, cartons and whatever else they may need onto the lines, then when the tubes are filled and stacked on pallets, i take them away, wrap them and then send them down to the warehouse in the "hoists" (like a big lift, u can fit 6 pallets in them).

As you can imagine, its extremely busy in there, im like a blue arsed fly each shift, dont get much time to do any one thing at all.

so i send down a hoist full of finished products, im always careful not to damage anything with my forks, as its then me who has to restack ad wrap the damaged pallets which is a total ballache and i just dont have the time to do it.

5 minutes later the hoist comes back up with 2 fook off fork holes right through one of the bottom pallets of product.... twat, i knew i didnt do it but i bit my tongue and spent 20 minutes sorting the pallet out then sent it back down in another full hoist..

another 10 mins go by and the hoist appears again, complete with the same pallet with 2 more fork holes right through the fooker!!

bit my tongue and thought id sort it later on, im there till 6 anyway.

filled the fooker up again and this time put a little note on the first pallet saying "MIND YOUR FORKS, NUMBNUTS!", wich was obviously intended as a joke as i get on with the warehouse lads. and i thought my mate would get it as he should have been doing that job

1/2 hour later, i notice one of the total wankers from the warehouse milling about on our floor and staring at me like a nutter... picture a 6'4 silverback guerilla with tattoos and from Salford

starts asking people who sent the note, i said it was me straight away, laughing.....

the fooker flys off the handle completely, tries to wrench me off my flt and tries to nut me!! , properly wrenching at my arm, its got a nice hand mark on it now and looks like its bruising!

hes shouting that hes gonna fuck me up, offers me outside etc etc, fooking crapped myself to tell you the truth as hes an absoloute wanker from salford and probably true to his word

somebody goes and grabs the manager, who eventually tells him to fuck off and calm down in the office, still shouting loads of abuse at me etc...

I totally lost the plot myself, manager trying to calm me down but i just couldnt stay there, was fooking shaking and alsorts, ended up telling him to fook off, he tried to get me to stay but not a chance, said i might not be back if hes still working there etc... but i cant just leave as im due for redundancy soon and its gonna be a lot of money

At the moment i feel like i couldnt go back there at all, its really disturbed me and im still fooking upset about it now....

unsure weather to contact police about it or let work sort it out, where would i stand if i wanted to take some time out over stress and anxiety?

stopped off at tescos on the way home to stock up on stella, im just in disbelief that it happened to be honest and its propper shaken me up as hes one of the people you just dont fuck with if you know what i mean

any advice greatly appreciated as i feel like shit at the minute and unsure what to do

thanks for reading my drivel, dont know if anything makes any sense but fuck it
Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Did he actually stick one on you or just grab you?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 AM
CraigJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Fuck me he must be 1 right wanker. Im a flt driver and fuck me the stuff we do to each other lol, we could get locked up never mind sacked. Sounds like he needs to get a sense of humour.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cam

he tried but didnt connect m8

all i have is the hand and nail marks on my arm

Topbombingkid ..... i know m8, we all have a top laugh normally but this fooker just lost the plot completely
Old 11-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Mr Sam
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

dont quite know what to say, did you explain it all to the manager i.e the he wasted your time when you could of been loading oter pallets and time is money to mr boss man

good luck with it all
Old 11-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Adam Ash
Originally Posted by Cam

he tried but didnt connect m8

all i have is the hand and nail marks on my arm

Topbombingkid ..... i know m8, we all have a top laugh normally but this fooker just lost the plot completely
Playing Devils advocate here but even tho him grabbing you is assault you initiated the conflict by sending him an abusive note which may have been sent in jest but the written word is open to interpretation.
I'd let work sort it personally and hopefully now both of you have calmed down it can be resolved.
Getting the cops involved will just guarantee that it becomes an ongoing feud. If he had knocked 7 shades of shit out of you thats different and it would be a police matter.
You had a fortunate escape by the sound of it.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like he's totally over reacted to me, like you said, when he asked who had wrote it, you said it was you. if he had a problem with the note, surely he should have told you, instead of trying to lay you out. to be honest he sounds like a bit of a prick fella.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Speak to your floor manager and ask him if he wants a written statement of accounts / actions if he's aware of the incident.

Hard to say at present, but chances are you are both feeling the same way over it at the moment.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if someone done it to me i would do the same but if
thay come over and said it was them well i would of
been easy on the matter as thay did own up.

take it to the police mate but tel them you only want
to report it not have anything done if you dont and he
sticks one on you then the police will just slap his hand
and say dont do it again

good luck
Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 AM
89xr2
Brap!

Just go in and if the guy comes after you again go home. If he's alright apologised etc then dont worry about it.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Simon

Just be careful that your boss doesnt turn the situation round and blame you so that you end up getting sacked and losing your redundancy, they have a nasty habit of doing shit like that
Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If one of our FLT drivers did that i wouldn't have re-stacked it PERIOD!

The cunt should have cleaned up his own mess, not make u do it. Never mind twice!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:44 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

I probably wouldnt persue it further especially if you have an end in site for redundancy, at least externally to work anyway.

Hopefully if it is dealt with further at work, they take into account the damaged stock and your good will to restack prior to the note. Must admit if I knew I had guys working with me like that, I probably wouldnt have left the note in the first place especially with "numbnuts" on the end, some proper nutters out there.

Hope you get it sorted and keep that end in sight for the redundancy.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 AM
YoungMatt

Stick at it mate. AT least get your redundancy.
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking as i'm not far from Salford?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Obviously you work for a big company which will have an HR dept, write a polite letter to them, detailing everything that happened, then let them deal with it. Normally, assaulting a fellow worker is gross misconduct and warrants instant dismissal.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:50 AM
kaplaybunny

what a prat hope your ok
Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i'd try and stick at it untill redundency!

but as soon as u get that squirt toothpaste in his eyes and batter him.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:27 AM
lickshot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Wot a twat!!! Id go back in to work wearing a full face helmet go up to him and say nut me now u prick!!!

To be honest hopefully he would have calmed down by now and realised he over reacted. He prob had other things on his mind and u topped it all off with the numbnuts thing hey....
Not worth losing ur redundancy over fella!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

go sick till redundancy!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Adam, thats shit mate. Ive met u and u aint exactly a big person, I bet he would have done jack shit if you was someone more his size

Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you go sick mate it will be harder going back facing him after a delay - have a couple of days off but ring your boss and explain your side too & apologise for having a go at him and put a complaint in about the guy who threatened you.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:24 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Come away for the weekend if you want to help forget it Ad
Old 11-08-2006, 10:05 AM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

stick at it until redundancy.

he overreacted, i suggest you do the same...

buy HIM a crate of stella and say to him no hard feelings mate, i sent the note as a joke and you obviously took it the wrong way so i have bought you some beer to show no harm done.

well worth ŁŁŁ for the beer to see the look on his face when you hand him the beer.

you will walk away smug and he will think twice next time.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Smiggy

Try and resolve this with the boy and the manager asap. We had a similar issue a few years ago with 2 of the pickers. They got in to a bit of a scuffle on the night shift. Emotions were running high as we had just been told that the work would no longer operate a nightshift and that most if not all would be made redundant.

Both these guys had good service records and had been there a good few years, both were due a fair bit in redundancy. Work looked at the incident and decided to sack the pair of them and save a good few thousand on redundancy payments. Remember fighting is gross misconduct and an immediate sacking offence.

If your company are only interested in saving money, try and get this resolved today before it goes much further up the tree. I'd explain to the other boy it was a joke and didn't mean anything by it and mention to him about trying to keep both your records clean until your redundancy comes up. Take it he's getting made redundant as well??

SMG
Old 11-08-2006, 11:09 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my place the other guy would be be supened straight away end of.

he would then be asked to attend a interview the next day or so to plead his case.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:11 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by topaz
stick at it until redundancy.

he overreacted, i suggest you do the same...

buy HIM a crate of stella and say to him no hard feelings mate, i sent the note as a joke and you obviously took it the wrong way so i have bought you some beer to show no harm done.

well worth ŁŁŁ for the beer to see the look on his face when you hand him the beer.

you will walk away smug and he will think twice next time.

your joking ,right?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:22 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

thats what i'd do mate, he overreacted, so do the same.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Frogford

Have a word with your Union Rep (guessing your with T&G or someone similar)

In past experiences he physically assulted you and would count as gross misconduct which is in fact instant dismissal. You also have witnessess to the attack and that you didnt responed in the same way but to defend from your attacker

As for the letter, there may well be provocation but at most you'd get a warning.

HTH
Old 11-08-2006, 06:59 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam, pm me his name it sounds like a lad i know, im pretty cool with most of the salford lot....
Old 11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's assult in the work place
instant dismissal everywhere i would imagine
if it's not then i'd have words with the manager along the lines of, if he's genuinly sorry then i want an apoligy quick time
if he doens't then i'll go to plod and plead my case
after all, if he hadn't put his hands on you, you wouldn't be afriad to go back to work, hence your sick absence
Old 11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

The guy sounds like a total arse mate but its a tricky situation to resolve.

I'd think what you want out of the situation and then work out how to get it. If you get him fired because he assaulted you he could be the kind of nutter that would try and get back at you. You want to come out of this with a) Your job b) Respect from the lug nuts moron c) things back to normal.
The idea of buying the beer is pretty good but unless you did it the right way you might come across as being trying to buy his friendship.
How about you go and have a word with him and tell him that the way things are he could get fired for assaulting you and you dont want that so you're goign to have a word with the manager and arrange an arbitration where you'll apologise for 'provoking' him. Then invite him out for a beer after work (even if you hate the guy) This way you confront him looking like the man and he thinks you saved his ass and you may well have this guy sticking up for you in the future.
How does that sound? It'll take some bottle but it might jsut work.
Oh and make sure you're abivalent about it rather than too apologetic - you need the respect from this dufus.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Dave Parker

if you havent already take pics of any marks you have on you
you just might need them, they might be gone in a few days
Old 11-08-2006, 09:22 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

get to work Adam you fooking pussy and sort yourself out lol.

not going to go away,so get over it and go to work.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:23 PM
wezzo
Part of the Furniture

totally agree with keith!!worth smoothing things over for the sake of the redundency$$ tell him straight but dont be too soft.if he ends up getting sacked he sounds like the sort of prick who will be waiting in the car park when you finish nights.the two of you can shake and make up!!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
radiant red

some people

never grow up do they
Old 11-08-2006, 09:42 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Tricky one as u should not have to put up with that shit at work

Put a written complaint in to the manager and see your union rep, i would also contact the police and give them a statement,just in case he tries it again.

Always cover yourself Don't forget the note was menn't for your mate and get him/her to back you.

Your not in the wrong THE TWAT IS..

Good luck
Old 11-08-2006, 10:25 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if hes from salford then sort it out quickly

seriously go to work and sort it out dont let him stop you earning a living

Quick Reply: Assaulted in work tonight!!