General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Grip Tyre Softener

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 05:53 PM
mikee_rs
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grip Tyre Softener

what is this stuff? was just lookin on the area-six website and spotted it. is it any good??

taken from www.area-six.co.uk

GRIP is the established UK-developed tyre softener, designed to produce outstanding traction in all forms of high-performance driving, from street to full race and using road or racing tyre compounds.

GRIP, available in a new “improved” formula, gives all the benefits of soft, sticky tyre compounds without the expense. This non-toxic, non-flammable liquid is simply painted on to the surface of the tyre, whether treaded or slick, and left to cure for 3-4 days to ensure adequate penetration and softening.

Durometer testing (used to measure tyre softness) reveals that one application of GRIP can increase the softness of a tyre by up to 20 points. By comparison, a traditional drag racing burnout will achieve a tyre softening effect of around 5 points.

GRIP uses a long-lasting, proven formula that stays in the tyre for much longer periods (it does not evaporate) and so is ideal for circuit racing, karting and motorcycle racing - in fact virtually any road race environment. GRIP works on all kinds of tyres, both old and new, and by reversing the aging process, can even extend tyre life.

Unlike its competitors, GRIP is manufactured in the UK and because it is non-flammable and non-toxic, it can be more conveniently transported, not just nationwide but throughout the world.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Slightly of topic

I wonder if anyone remembers the slick tyre in Ripspeed Edmonton that had a small are treated with "Grip tyre softener".... was a few years ago I know.....

The small section was very soft compared to the rest of the tyre
Old 05-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been used in stock cars for years and motorsport where you can only have a certain budget on tyres so id say it must work
Old 06-08-2006, 01:21 AM
89xr2
Brap!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mates got some to use on his muscle car when it's been restored. Should have it back in a couple of weeks. I shall let you know if it works!