General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Need a flush fit fuel filler with 38mm OD. Any ideas where?

Search this Thread

Old 30-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a flush fit fuel filler with 38mm OD. Any ideas where?

Alright lads (and ladies), not been about for a while, mainly been getting on with the astra.

I've had a little blast in it, and it feels awesome, very nimble, has a nice effortless feel to it when it pulls.

There are of course little jobs to be completed, which i hate doing, but they have to be done.

One such job is the fuel filler. Like a twat, i had it flushed off the side of the car to keep in line with my vision of 'smoothness', without thinking of how i will actually put fuel in

Because the tank filler inlet is situated directly behind the sparewheel well, i cut a hole and put a pipe through to the boot.

I was thinking of going with a false floor made out of MDF or something along those lines, then having the fuel cap sitting flush i nthe floor.

The gradient to the tank is fine, so all fuel in the pipe will go into the tank, and not reside in the pipe.

What i need (took me a while to get here eh lol) is a flush fit filler cap with a neck on it that will accept the 35mm internal diameter of the fuel hose. So obviously it would mean the neck needs to be around 38mm outside diameter.

I've searched high and low for one, with no luck on the size i need. And i was just wondering if anyone on here has one, or knows where i can get one?

It doesn't have to be a locking cap, but it does have to have a 100% seal to stop the car stinking of petrol.

Thanks in advance