General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Need to borrow an air rifle!!

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Need to borrow an air rifle!!

preferably with a night scope that lets you see in the dark lol

Got this fucking tabby cat in the street, no one knows whos it is, or if its a stray etc but the fucker keeps terrorising ALL the cats in the street, our cat went missing for a few days because of it, next doors cat went missing for longer, then it attacked one of our cats and we had to take it to the vets, then last week the cunt bit our other cat and the bugger then had to have an operation

its cost us just shy of £150 in vets bills in the last few weeks and its really begining to fuck everyone off in the street. at least once EVERY night you can hear then thing screeching at the cats in the street and fighting etc.

i know cats do this, but fuck me, this is taking the piss! its been going on for about 6 months now EVERY FUCKING DAY/NIGHT!

so anyone got a decent air rifle in the swindon area i can borrow please, i have got my mates air pistol but its fucked and unfortunatly doesnt work!!
Old 26-07-2006, 09:04 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When nobody is looking catch it and then chuck it out the sun roof of Simons Cossie on the M4 one night and 80mph that will sort the fucking thing

I know somebody who did that years ago, and also gave one a few seconds head start before chasing it up the arse with a 12 gauge

Mike
Old 26-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ring the local cats protection shelter and they will supply a humane trap then they will home or look after the stray. How a cat owner can contemplate shooting another cat is beyond me
Old 26-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

the neighbors plan is to catch it in his garage and then drive it aout 30 miles away and let it out.

my plan is for him to catch it, then let me get my £150 worth and then he can do as he likes
Old 26-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by Cam
Ring the local cats protection shelter and they will supply a humane trap then they will home or look after the stray. How a cat owner can contemplate shooting another cat is beyond me
done that, but really, how the fucking hell do you expect them to "trap a cat"??

put one our fuckers in there as bait?
Old 26-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Captain Mike
When nobody is looking catch it and then chuck it out the sun roof of Simons Cossie on the M4 one night and 80mph that will sort the fucking thing

I know somebody who did that years ago, and also gave one a few seconds head start before chasing it up the arse with a 12 gauge

Mike
If either of those tales are true thats fucking disgraceful
Old 26-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shooting a cat you need fucking shot
Old 26-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fudgeass
Originally Posted by Cam
done that, but really, how the fucking hell do you expect them to "trap a cat"??

put one our fuckers in there as bait?
It can be done. If there is a nuisance stray it can take 2 or 3 nights but its something they will deal with
Old 26-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

well the missus rang them 2 weeks ago, and the little fucker is still out there
Old 26-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Mark B
Advanced PassionFord User

i used to hate cats until my younger sister got one, now i couldnt bare to do anything thing like your saying,

cats are pretty funny things my sisters isnt scared of water so it allways gets soaked when im playing with the dog,

when the cat was a kitten it used to try feed off the dogs nipples was funny as fook, u could here it sucking haha,

Mb.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:22 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Mike
Whoever does that is a spineless dick who needs the same treatment.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:23 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Daviet
shooting a cat you need fucking shot
Totally agree.

How much a coward do you have to be to shoot a cat with a gun.

I woke up at 3am to find a cat in my bedroom last night which was odd.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:23 AM
_SpeedX_
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

cruelty to any kind of animal is wrong!
Old 26-07-2006, 09:24 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Tricky one this

Shooting it is harsh lol

but

I can see how this would wind you up to the point of wanting to do this so go easy on him fellas

you need to think clearly though lol

if the local pest/control/cat protection cant do anything catching it sounds like the option. you might need to go more than 30 miles though, they can easy find there way back. surely you can catch it by leaving a load of crub in ur neighbours garage ? good luck in getting it into something after that though, it will hiss, spit and claw like a tiger

you cant criticise the cat itslef, its clearly wild/ferell and is just trying to survive
Old 26-07-2006, 09:25 AM
lawnsy
PassionFord Post Troll

ill sell ya one
Old 26-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

ok, just to clarify - I DONT HAVE A FOOKING GUN (yet)

MWF shame is wasnt this little bastard, i bet he would have ripped your knackers off
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Originally Posted by Cam

Mike
If either of those tales are true thats fucking disgraceful
Agreed. How someone can throw a cat out of the sunroof, knowing the poor thing will break most of its bones when it hits the road but possibly still be alive until it's run over, and think that's ok is beyond me
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Tricky one this

Shooting it is harsh lol

but

I can see how this would wind you up to the point of wanting to do this so go easy on him fellas

if the local pest/control/cat protection cant do anything catching it sounds like the option. you might need to go more than 30 miles though, they can easy find there way back. surely you can catch it by leaving a load of crub in ur neighbours garage ? good luck in getting it into something after that though, it will hiss, spit and claw like a tiger

you cant criticise the cat itslef, its clearly wild/ferell and is just trying to survive
Why take it 30 miles just take it to the local cats protection?
Old 26-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

There's no need to be cruel. It's just doing what cat's do. I'd make a greater effort to contact/ find the owner and let them know whats happening, it must be someones cat.

It's beyond me how cruel some people are to cat's, a lad i work with really has to watch his cat's if they are out, round his way they don't think twice about grabbing them by the tail and launching them as far as they can across the road. His next door neighbour woke up to find his cat's head stuck onto his door knob ffs

No excuse for animal cruelty.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Tricky one this

Shooting it is harsh lol

but

well said that man!!

yes, EVERYONE is proppa pissed off with it, not just me EVERYONE!

i know it wouldnt exactly like being stuck in a cage and then taken for a drive, i dont have any gloves either so i would just ask it nicely not to tear me to shreds

will it really find its way back to the area tho its like 30 miles away?

feckin pidgeon brained mo fo

ps i know this is what wild cats do etc, which is why we think its a stray as it prolly hasnt been spade or what ever it is when they chop their nadgers off
Old 26-07-2006, 09:30 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

MWF shame is wasnt this little bastard, i bet he would have ripped your knackers off
I do know what it's like to go through this.

We had a un-neutered cat on our street that would rip into other cats, it was like something from a horror movie and left a load of fur everywhere like a cat had exploded.

Usually meaning some poor cat ended up at the vets.

I had to interveen twice which involved me having to shove my foot in between them and try and prise them appart.

I can appreciate wanting to protect the other cats but you can't shoot the poor bugger!

There has to be another way.

And remember, a pair of oven gloves renders you invincable to cats.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have had two of my cats shot by mindless thugs in the past
I have also rescued cats and one that was abandoned at Southwaite services on the M6 was covered in cigarette burns. When I collected her the guy at the services told me some horror stories about animals (cats, dogs, lizards etc) that had be thrown from moving cars.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:35 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Jesus, you wait till James (EIL) sees this post!

I'd be scared!
Old 26-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

ok just to claify another point, my missus, shes a bloody veggie - so i doubt very much that i will harn the thing - cos i would never hear the end of it if i did!!

but if it was caught, and then taken to the cats home thingy, no fucker is gonna want it cos as soon as they go to stroke it it will have their hand off!

a couple of good ideas tho, so keep em coming
Old 26-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by RichardPON

I'd be scared!
Pon, the piont of this post was just to vent how pissed off we are with it, kinda in a jokey way but as usual, no one else sees it like that lol!
Old 26-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok just to claify another point, my missus, shes a bloody veggie - so i doubt very much that i will harn the thing - cos i would never hear the end of it if i did!!

but if it was caught, and then taken to the cats home thingy, no fucker is gonna want it cos as soon as they go to stroke it it will have their hand off!

a couple of good ideas tho, so keep em coming
If cats protection cant home a cat they keep it at the shelter or invariably some soft fucker like me takes it on
They never put a healthy animal down unlike the RSPCA who give them 28 days then euthanise them
Old 26-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON

I'd be scared!
Pon, the piont of this post was just to vent how pissed off we are with it, kinda in a jokey way but as usual, no one else sees it like that lol!
As there were no smileys it appeared you were serious.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

The RSPCA will also come out and set humane traps to catch it.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You can borrow mine if you want,
Ive got the hardest can within the Manchester postcode

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you ...............

........ Ricky Catton

Old 26-07-2006, 09:47 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

My mate has a cat that was ferral. He was always more tame with humans than the other cats tho. He's now a house cat and he's great. He's an idiot mind, but he's a really friendly cat. He's deffo a "man cat" too. Prefers blokes to women, and gets all touchy feely with you.

Of course he could just be gay
Old 26-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Joris_FRST

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just shoot the fucker,

wild cats are just that, wild cats, you wouldn't think twice shooting a wild cat or pigeon or rabbit when you were a farmer or so...
Old 26-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Joris_FRST

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh and how can be taken a 12 barrel to a cat be cruel,

i don't think it will feel anything
Old 26-07-2006, 10:07 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would just like to clarify that i would never do what was said it was merely a bad taste joke

As for the 12 gauge unfortunately that is true, again i dont condone it.

Mike
Old 26-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: Need to borrow an air rifle!!

Got this fucking tabby cat in the street, no one knows whos it is, or if its a stray etc but the fucker keeps terrorising ALL the cats in the street, our cat went missing for a few days because of it, next doors cat went missing for longer, then it attacked one of our cats and we had to take it to the vets, then last week the cunt bit our other cat and the bugger then had to have an operation

its cost us just shy of £150 in vets bills in the last few weeks and its really begining to fuck everyone off in the street. at least once EVERY night you can hear then thing screeching at the cats in the street and fighting etc.

i know cats do this, but fuck me, this is taking the piss! its been going on for about 6 months now EVERY FUCKING DAY/NIGHT!

so anyone got a decent air rifle in the swindon area i can borrow please, i have got my mates air pistol but its fucked and unfortunatly doesnt work!!
I'll be blunt, you are a CUNT of the highest order on so many levels for even posting this.

only beaten by the CUNT who suggested throwing it out a sunroof
Old 26-07-2006, 10:21 AM
cep23
Regular Contributor

The RSPCA will be no help at all, they wern't with us. My mum and dad were in the same situation as you it seems, a cat appeared from nowhere and was fighting with every other cat in the street. Our cat slept inside on a night, my dad got up one morning, let our cat out, went inside to get a drink and the next thing he hears is our cat having the shit kicked out of him! He goes outside, there's blood everywhere, our cats ears hanging off and he's ripped to shreds, and this other cats sat there (didn't even run off when he sees my dad) almost admiring his work. This other cat cost my dad hundreds in vets bills with our cat, it was happening every week, until our cat formed a lump under his chin where he'd had to have stitches caused by this other cat, turned out to be cancer. After months of trying to save him and about 1k in bills, we had to put him down, and i believe to this day it was caused by the stray as every time he would be getting better, this other cat would nearly kill him again. We told the RSPCA what had gone on, apparently the only way they will take a stray in is if you are on benefits They gave us a cat trap which didn't even work as the door didn't shut, so my dad was so frustrated, he caught the cat one day, took it to the vets and had it put down. He had to pay for it, but he didn't care after what it had put our cat through in the last months of his life.

Essay over

Caroline.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:26 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: Need to borrow an air rifle!!

Originally Posted by Porkie

I'll be blunt, you are a CUNT of the highest order on so many levels for even posting this.

only beaten by the CUNT who suggested throwing it out a sunroof
And you are a CUNT for not reading the post above yours

Bad joke admitted ok CUNT if we're going to be using that word so often

Mike
Old 26-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Porkie, read it all will ya...

Cam, it gets a bit annoying having to click on smileys all the time, but i can see where your coming from as typing something very often doesnt come out how you mean.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Its easy to say you meant it as a joke now. And I don't apologise for not reading you second post as I was so shocked at what I had just read to be honest that I replied straight away. If that makes me a Cunt then so be it!

If it really was a joke use a like everyone else does

You also said you knew someone who did it and did not comment how out of order you thought it was....

what were people meant to believe you meant!
Old 26-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

i dont know anyone thats shot a cat, and i havnt ever shot a cat, shot plenty of pidgeons tho so i guess thats different but anyway

and i dont mean it as a joke either, we are all fucked off with it and something needs to be done, ok putting a pellet in its ass is not the right way to go, but as i was writing that, that was exactly what i felt like doing!

doesnt mean i will tho!
Old 26-07-2006, 10:48 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my apologuies for not using a smilie Lee i like some people dont always use them,

Your a smart guy you could have said what you said in a far more diplomatic way than throwing the word CUNT about, i unfortunately do know somebody that has done both of the things i stated, you can not choose the type of people you come across in life, and you can certainly not control them,

It was a bad taste joke i have stuck my hand up to that so a little less of the CUNT please

Mike

Quick Reply: Need to borrow an air rifle!!