General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Which tuner has the cleanest workshop?

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2006, 07:01 PM
PF Dave
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has to be Cosworth. Surgically clean is an understatement!

...Closely followed by Mountune and Field Motorsport
Old 21-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by MWF
I was always impressed with how TurboSystems was kept. I wouldn't say it was immaculate, but I don't see how a working workshop can be, they were always exceptionally careful in they way they worked around the cars and moved them.

And organised too. I picked my car up once and dashed off after work taking some tools with me in the engine bay. Took them back and Tony knew which tools were missing and where they were in my engine bay. How he knew that from sitting in his little office on his computer drinking tea and shouting at people down the phone I don't know.
I've done that tho - on the other end : left tools in customers cars Last time was yesterday, and as soon as I looked for this particular tool and realised it was missing, I suddenly knew EXACTLY what car it was in, where it was in the car and when I lost it So I rang customer, asked them if they had found my tool when they drove the car - he replied no. So I said to look in the front passenger footwell, and described the tool and he said "oh yeah, I see it"

Time before that was a few weeks/months ago - I left my rubber holder full of screw driver bits under the bonnet of a Mondeo. Rang the guy up, 4hrs after I left it in there, asked him to pop the hood and see if he could see a "yellow rubber thing with little metal things in it" and he said no. I said, trying looking down the side of the air filter cover - he suddenly says "oh, I see it"

Back on topic tho....

I run a workshop at my work and it IS hard to keep it clean whilst working on cars. In my job, at Autoglass, you are BOUND to get glass everywhere, from cars that have had side windows and rear screens smashed, and it goes EVERYWHERE. And with the ammount of cars I have coming in and out, it is nearly impossible to tidy up/sweep up after every job.

I try to where I can, as walking on broken glass, even with boots on, is not a nice feeling, and I rate it up by scraping finger nails down blackboards but most of he time it isn't possible. If I get a spare 5 mins, I'd rather go and sit in the super cooled office and soak up the aircon before plodding on with my next job!!!!

The other side is I could do a job, make a mess, then sweep up. Then the next job is gonna make a mess again, and so on and so on..... So I tend to leave it till the end of the day and do it all in one go, rather than doing it 8 times a day!!!!

This is sweeping up tho I am on about - things like whole windscreens removed from cars have to go out the back to the skip immediately for health and safety reasons, but that said - sometimes I'll forget about em and they'll stay leaning agains the wall all day

And I am AWFULL with my tools! How I haven't actually lost that many I don't know! I spread them EVERYWHERE and never pick em up till I need one and go looking for it, or get to the end of the day when I tidy up!
Old 21-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Pete
I think you will find i have the cleanest breakers
Look out in Fast ford in the not to distant future

Get cleaning Fat boy

Oh and "Carwise uk "has a super clean workshop
Old 21-07-2006, 08:13 PM
throttlebodiedzetecturbo
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Millington Race engines is imaculate nothing is our of place and not a spec of dirt ant where. You could eat your dinner off the floor. And he builds awsome engines.