General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Norris or MSD ?

Search this Thread

Old 15-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by Redkop
Originally Posted by DazC
Originally Posted by le-claw
Personally I use the person that has not blown any engines and box's up whilst mapping.
Just for your info Ding, neither Stu nor Kenny have ever blown an engine whilst mapping!
To be fair I didn't think Dingy was referring to Stu. I took it as a dig at Ahmed, because of the bad history of Ahmed mapping Dingy's engine.
The question for the topic is "Karl or Me. So im certain everyone will have read that as slagging me off Lynne, and if not he should make himself clearer if he wants to wander off topic, plus, like i said, if thats his reasoning he cant use poor Karl anymore either.
Dingy replied after Ahmed had been mentioned and comments made by ^Nutter^ about Ahmed. So blame whoever went off topic and mentioned Ahmed then. Hence my assuming rightly or wrongly that Dingy was referring to Ahmed.
Old 15-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Personally I use the person that has not blown any engines and box's up whilst mapping.
Just for your info Ding, neither Stu nor Kenny have ever blown an engine whilst mapping!
To be fair I didn't think Dingy was referring to Stu. I took it as a dig at Ahmed, because of the bad history of Ahmed mapping Dingy's engine.
The question for the topic is "Karl or Me. So im certain everyone will have read that as slagging me off Lynne, and if not he should make himself clearer if he wants to wander off topic, plus, like i said, if thats his reasoning he cant use poor Karl anymore either.
Dingy replied after Ahmed had been mentioned and comments made by ^Nutter^ about Ahmed. So blame whoever went off topic and mentioned Ahmed then. Hence my assuming rightly or wrongly that Dingy was referring to Ahmed.
Well he QUOTES one of my customers saying he would use me and says "Thats funny...."
And goes on to say he would use teh one who has not blown engines whilst mappinbg. No mention or quote of the word Ahmed.

Anyway... youve given him a suitable lifeline to grab at now, and i am sure he will grab it with both hands as long as he thinks at least one person in teh world didnt think he was slagging me off.

John, im pleased you can see things from my side. Thanks for saying so, hadnt expected that if im honest as i know you two are good pals. Fair play.
Old 15-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Redkop

Well he QUOTES one of my customers saying he would use me and says "Thats funny...."
And goes on to say he would use the one who has not blown engines whilst mappinbg. No mention or quote of the word Ahmed.

Anyway... youve given him a suitable lifeline to grab at now, and i am sure he will grab it with both hands as long as he thinks at least one person in the world didnt think he was slagging me off.

John, im pleased you can see things from my side. Thanks for saying so, hadnt expected that if im honest as i know you two are good pals. Fair play.
Only Dingy knows who he meant and I'm sure he needs no lifeline from me.... he will tell it straight who he was referring to LOL
Old 15-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Anyway.. enough Bickering. Always the way, Dingy starts aggro then everyone bickers about him saying he did, he didnt, he did, he didnt...

He was obviously that way out last night, look at this thread, fos some of his usual agressive and uwarranted comments, this time aimed at Westy. (approx 1/2way down)
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209753

Old 15-07-2006, 07:31 AM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^
Advanced PassionFord User

The difference between Dingy and i, Stu, is that i understand how you lot as tuners work together to give us, the customer what we want.

As i said earlier, only 3 tuners worth considering; MSD, NMS and MAD

Top tuners and top blokes IMO
Old 15-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Redkop

If you mean this Stu... it's how you perceive it, I had a slight chuckle when I read it, it clearly insinuates that Karl's experience is not 'second to none' and that he doesn't have the 'all the correct equipment either' and doesn't provide 'a first class service'. You have to admit it's how people read and interpret what people have posted

Originally Posted by THE RS DJ
Motorsport Developments have the edge in my book.

Stus experience of "real live mapping" is second to none.

They have all the correct equipment and the service is first class.
If anybody asks me who to recommend for a tuner, depending on what area they are in, I always recommend MSD / NMS / MAD as it makes sense to use a tuner nearest to you and AFAIAC - the above 3 are the only tuners I would use for mapping.
Old 15-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

As with all forums, the text is open to a certain amount of interpretation.

Thanks for your kind recomendations Lynne, John, and anyone else who has kindly endorsed us on this topic. Its much appreciated.
Old 15-07-2006, 08:37 AM
phil clay
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i agree,it depends on where you live and who is closer, NMS recently mapped and did a lot of work on my car, ollie was great always on the phone to me keeping me updated on any unforseen problems with my car,and on the progress.
my car is now totally different,a lot quicker.
but if NMS wasnt so close i would have gone to MSD for sure!
NMS will be doing all the work on my car from now on,im very happy with their work!

hope this helps phil
Old 15-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think it probably makes sense for me to use MSD actually as my car has an MSD chip already, plus i think theres more to do in Blackpool while i'm waiting than Coventry lol.....
Old 15-07-2006, 08:55 AM
phil clay

NMS is just off J28 M1,near junkyard 28!!!
Old 15-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Tangodeltasierra3
theres more to do in Blackpool while i'm waiting than Coventry lol.....
NMS are no longer located at Coventry pal, i believe they are near Junction 28 of the M1 now if that helps.

*edited to say*

Doh.. Phil beat me to it.
Old 15-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Danke Schone - suppose i could car spot on the A38 then, Stu seeing as your about do u have a slot next Thursday or Friday? Cars running ok i think, jut a check up really.
Old 15-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Toad_RS
Regular Contributor

having had my rs500 mapped at msd recently i can highly recomend there work,did a mint job on my car, nms mapped a mates car and he was also pleased with the results both are known to give a top service,
Old 15-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Danke Schone - suppose i could car spot on the A38 then, Stu seeing as your about do u have a slot next Thursday or Friday? Cars running ok i think, jut a check up really.
Sadly not pal sorry, first slot i have for a checkover and setup is 10am on Friday 28th or 9:30am on Saturday 29th July.
Old 15-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Right, lets stop all this CHILDISH bickering and at least for ONE day try to get on with each other( NO, THIS IS NOT A SAVE THE WORLD PREACH ) its just seems everyday someone is having a dig@ someone else
We are all on here for one thing, we all love our cars, and hopefully trying to get knowledge from orther`s, and make friends along the way

FACT is, both NMS, MS DEVELOPMENTS, are both very good @ what they do, and i think for most we all agree on that one.......

...........Pete..............
Old 15-07-2006, 09:13 AM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^

Originally Posted by staffi
Right, lets stop all this CHILDISH bickering and at least for ONE day try to get on with each other( NO, THIS IS NOT A SAVE THE WORLD PREACH ) its just seems everyday someone is having a dig@ someone else
We are all on here for one thing, we all love our cars, and hopefully trying to get knowledge from orther`s, and make friends along the way

FACT is, both NMS, MS DEVELOPMENTS, are both very good @ what they do, and i think for most we all agree on that one.......

...........Pete..............
Pete, fuck off
Old 15-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Old 15-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

@ Jonno, thought it wouldn`t last

I`ll set big Bob on you from Donnington.................
Old 15-07-2006, 09:16 AM
phil clay

BOTH TUNERS are very GOOD at what they do,and they both are very HONEST with thier customers,you wont get ripped off with either!!!
i did my own reserch on them and it was a close call who to choose,maybe the fact that NMS are about 4 miles away from me swung it for me
well done to both tuners for offering a EXCELLENT SERVICE to us!!!!
Old 15-07-2006, 09:21 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had any dealing with NMS but only heard good stuff. Spoke to Stu at MSD about a chip for my zvh and he was very helpful, turns out I am going stage 3 cvh now, but i will more than likely still use him in the future.
Old 15-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

I think it probably makes sense for me to use MSD actually as my car has an MSD chip already, plus i think theres more to do in Blackpool while i'm waiting than Coventry lol.....
that is SOOOOOO true, cant beat the saturday set up at msd

you turn up, stu makes a cuppa, he calls you a cab so you canfuck off and hes gots the work done with out you "helping" and then you get a call back at 2pm to explain where he is ( at this time your either in the pub or your on a fast ride ect) you agree and then you carry on the fun untill 4pm when you get a cab back and collect your car and get home in record time ( and with switch driving we got back VERY quick,,,,,,, apart from stopping off for MORE fuel )

next time i go msd its gonna be for a weekend piss up whilst stu plays with the car
Old 15-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by ^NUTTER^
The difference between Dingy and i, Stu, is that i understand how you lot as tuners work together to give us, the customer what we want.

That is very true John, and very admirable that you obviously realise what goes on "behind the scenes" to to speak

It has made me see you in a diffrent light John Fair play
Old 15-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sadly not pal sorry, first slot i have for a checkover and setup is 10am on Friday 28th or 9:30am on Saturday 29th July.
Ok i'll have to double check things before i can commit.
Old 15-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Ok i'll have to double check things before i can commit.
Not a problem pal, E-Mail, Pm or call when your ready. Bear in mind Karl and Ollie may well have a slot thats more convenient for you as well, maybe even the dates you specified, so either way your on a winner.
Old 15-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyway.. enough Bickering. Always the way, Dingy starts aggro then everyone bickers about him saying he did, he didnt, he did, he didnt...

He was obviously that way out last night, look at this thread, fos some of his usual agressive and uwarranted comments, this time aimed at Westy. (approx 1/2way down)
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209753

Penguin Boy obviously has issues... only asked why he is called "Le Claw" Won't be asking that again
Old 15-07-2006, 10:15 AM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^

Originally Posted by Nicole

That is very true John, and very admirable that you obviously realise what goes on "behind the scenes" to to speak

It has made me see you in a diffrent light John Fair play
Well i don't just take my car to Karl and let him get on with it. I get involved and am very interested in what he is doing and he explains to me what he is doing and how Stu/Kenny and Mark Shead have helped in the past with any little problems he may come across and vice versa.

One of the mant reasons i love the Ford RS scene. On the whole one big happy family and most people are only too happy to help one another out
Old 15-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers stu, i dont pick car up till next Weds anyway so i might get some miles under my belt 1st as it absolutely flew the other day, but i might as well get it looked over sooner rather than later, thanks for your help.
Old 15-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Stu/Kenny and Mark Shead have helped in the past with any little problems he may come across and vice versa.
Thats right, me and Karl have spent many an hour waffling about really bizzare and unusual problems that are starting to crop up with these bloody antiques. lol. Most sadly are down to antiquated wiring looms, which should be great news for Clawtel Looms Inc.
Old 15-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How much would it be for a decent proper loom then ?
Old 15-07-2006, 10:34 AM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^

Stu/Kenny and Mark Shead have helped in the past with any little problems he may come across and vice versa.
Thats right, me and Karl have spent many an hour waffling about really bizzare and unusual problems that are starting to crop up with these bloody antiques. lol. Most sadly are down to antiquated wiring looms, which should be great news for Clawtel Looms Inc.

Even tho' he does himself no favours at times he does knock out a decent(ish ) loom
Old 15-07-2006, 10:36 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

after all this.....no matter who you go with you will be 100% happy with your car afterwards....and thats what you are after at the end of the day.

Old 15-07-2006, 10:37 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much would it be for a decent proper loom then ?
Around Ł350 will get you a proper decent loom made by Ryan off here
Old 15-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rich what power are u making on that spec car ?
Old 15-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Dingy strikes again.

For fuck sake will you behave

As good a friend as you are, i have to agree with Stu and Nicole, you're being a cock!

Do you not understand that all these people help each other out, and the refined mapping that we get nowadays is a culmination of the talents o these people .

Sometimes you are just embarrassing to be associated with, so sort yourself out for fuck sake!

Fucking well put John
Old 15-07-2006, 10:48 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Rich what power are u making on that spec car ?
Over 380 bhp Mark reckons. Tis very good
Old 15-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nice 1, mine feels quick @22psi like so i thought it mite be more than 380.
Old 15-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Rich's doesnt hold 34psi, thats just a spike, there is no way you will get a T34 to hold 34psi to the redline on a well specced YB, it just cant flow enough air
Old 15-07-2006, 11:00 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

It hold 2 bar if that helps. No one really holds there spiked boost figure really
Old 15-07-2006, 12:21 PM
D19 STE
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I’ve only been to the one Tuner so that’s all I can comment on, and they are Motorsport Developments Kenny and Stu are brilliant and know their stuff even when you just phone them up they are always helpful

I’ve been to MSD a few times now and have never once not felt welcome and this is from someone with a N/A mk6 escort so they aren’t bias about what car you have

They have my car set up running spot on
Old 15-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Even tho' he does himself no favours at times he does knock out a decent(ish ) loom
Yeh, must admit, his looms are good

Quick Reply: Norris or MSD ?