General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Talk Talk....................

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Brasso
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk Talk....................

does anyone use Talk Talk from the carphone warehouse?? Sounds too good to be true?

Is it a decent service? whats the broadband like, calls, bills etc....

Our last phone bill from BT was £130 for the qaurter and I pay £30 a month for AOL so looking for the best options other than removing the other halfs fingers.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Brasso

Up.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

they are absolute tosspots, when you need to phone them you end up talking to someone in india who you cant understand, they have a £70 cancellation fee if you pull out before 18 months and there broadband is shite!!!! were gonna charge me £35 of 512 kps connection at my new house
Old 11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Brasso

Dont sound too good!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 AM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup they shite...........Kept billing me twice in one month, so after talking to said call centre in "fuckknowswhere" after it happened 3 months on the bounce, i decided to knock it on the head and just cancelled it, they did try to charge me and got told to take a funny run..........

Wankers steer well clear.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K5SSY
they are absolute tosspots, when you need to phone them you end up talking to someone in india who you cant understand, they have a £70 cancellation fee if you pull out before 18 months and there broadband is shite!!!! were gonna charge me £35 of 512 kps connection at my new house

WHAT A LOAD OF UTTER BOLLOCKS

Carphone warehouse is talk talk and CPW dont have any indian call centres.
the main one is in Acton in London- which might explain the different nationalities as it is London and the 2nd one is in Birchwood up north somewhere.

I havent worked for CPW in sales for 2 years and Left them around 3 months ago full stop- after working for them for 7 years- I still have plenty of close friends who work there, that being so I dont really know their deals or contracts at the mo, however knowing what I do know I think you've more likely been mis informed or are confusing the issue with something else.

Anyways- to answer the topic- I use Talk Talk- just a normal 2 meg connection, seems fine to me- works perfectly, we also have it on the land line and our bills are significantly lower than with BT.

There was a problem with the internet service once and yes it was difficult to get through to someone- understandably as everyone else had a problem too- problem lasted a few hours and all was back to normal soon after.

Hope this helps

Jake
Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Dan B

Have a look here for lots of comments from people who've already connected with TalkTalk...
Old 12-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Mark B

worked for them, wasnt impressed, wouldnt use them, hth
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im with them, phone and broadband. Telephone bill's are alot cheaper and my broadband is free so im saving about £40 a month by changing.

Not had any issues with the customer service either, no indian call centers.

No problems so far
Old 12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
andy_st200
PassionFord Post Troll

their crap

3 people at work are having no end of problems with em..

one trying yo get back to BT is having to wait 15days to get his code to take his number with him, BT says this should normally take 2 days tops.. and in that 15days talk talk cut him off completely with no phone nothing WANKERS

id never go with em after the horrors ive heard
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Shings
Originally Posted by K5SSY

WHAT A LOAD OF UTTER BOLLOCKS

Carphone warehouse is talk talk and CPW dont have any indian call centres.
the main one is in Acton in London- which might explain the different nationalities as it is London and the 2nd one is in Birchwood up north somewhere.

I havent worked for CPW in sales for 2 years and Left them around 3 months ago full stop- after working for them for 7 years- I still have plenty of close friends who work there, that being so I dont really know their deals or contracts at the mo, however knowing what I do know I think you've more likely been mis informed or are confusing the issue with something else.

Anyways- to answer the topic- I use Talk Talk- just a normal 2 meg connection, seems fine to me- works perfectly, we also have it on the land line and our bills are significantly lower than with BT.

There was a problem with the internet service once and yes it was difficult to get through to someone- understandably as everyone else had a problem too- problem lasted a few hours and all was back to normal soon after.

Hope this helps

Jake
im not argueing here, i moved house 2 weeks ago and it took me 2 weeks to actually speak to some one who spoke english, the only way that happened was to go to a car phoneware house shop itself, they phoned a number for me in their shop and i was stood there for 40 mins while on hold untill someone answered it. they also told me that there call centre was in india aswell so im not talking bollox am i, the fact was they were going to offer me the only connection available at my new address which was 512 kps at a cost of £35 phone this number and see what you get 08704441820. a 30 minute wait at least, and a some one speaking in a foreign language. they deffinitely charge you £70 cancellation aswell before the 18 months, the worst thing was i had been with them 2 years and they were still gonna charge me.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:37 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Dan B
Have a look here for lots of comments from people who've already connected with TalkTalk...
See they are total bollox, just read a few comments like " wish i had read this forum before signing up etc"
Old 12-07-2006, 11:04 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

My parents have this and they asked me to look through the literature. Looked very good and the 2mb broadband was free. Was pushed heavily on Radio 2 back in April, so much so that they have had the phone (and get free calls to me in Oz) but had to wait until this week to get the broadband as is was so over subscribed. Never heard of broadband taking 2 months to implement but they were in no desperate hurry and it was going to be free anyway.

My verdict, so far so good.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah generaly shit but if you got in a few mo nths ago you would have a got a good deal!! all that cancellation shit would have been out the window and it would have cost you £9.99 a month and everyone who had it i know seems satisfied!!

my gran and grandad use it and they pay hardly anything a month and they are satisfied, and my grandad isnt the easiest to satisfy!!!!

just depends what deal ya got.

i dont know about broad band the above is about calls