General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Guess who im going to watch!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev.H
the origional drummer is a drug fuck up who got sacked cos he couldnt keep time
Again MORE bolloxs Adler is a superb drummer, who was doing stuff in GnR that Matt Sorum hadn't even started playing yet!

And the drug rumour is complete shite - Axl, Slash n Duff (and Izzy to an extent) were far, FAR deeper into drugs (heroin) than Steven ever was, and in reality, it was Axl and Slash that introduced Adler to heroine!

The sting of it was : Axl got him hooked to heroin, then dropped him from the band citing heroine abuse was the reason, when in fact it was that Axl is a control freak and Adler wasn't agreeing with everything he said! Sure, Adler missed his fair share of shows, some of which was down to being spaced out of his mind on heroin, but then, don't forget Adler was a noob to herion comparred to Axl et co
Old 11-07-2006, 08:12 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Originally Posted by warleydaddy
I can appreaciate all the views guys,but "IF" they turn up,and im sure they will,then it will be god,just have a feeling...

At the end of the day its the same songs,just played by different people..

If your a GNR fan,then surley being ina sold out arena,and hearing all the classics,must send a siver up your spin???

Well im looking forward to it anyway!!

Pete...
I can understand that Pete, yeah... I mean, I am a HUGE Metallica fan, and whilst the "black album" line up (Hetfield, Ulrich, Hammet, Newstead) to me was Metallica as I knew it, it wasn't the original line up (Hetfield, Ulrich, Mustaine, Burton). Tho Hammet has been a part of every single album, which Mustaine wasn't, and Burton only made it to the third album (has tragic accidental death happend on the subsequent tour for that album in 1986) Nestead was in the band for 14years before leaving, and the new guy has only been in the band for a few years.... But I saw the new line up (Hetfield, Ulrich, Hammet, Trujillo) at Earls Court in 2003 and they fucking slaughtered the place

That said, the "new" Guns N Roses is still only one man... Metallica couldn't exist if either Hetfield or Ulrich called it a day, and I don't think they would carry on if Hammet left either.....

So to lose just Slash and Duff, to me, doesn't make it guns n roses anymore....
1000000000000% Agree..

Ive watched parts of the video biography that metalica did,and i do have to say they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Nut they have never really flicked a switch for me tbh...

But the GNR side..yeh i agree,its NOT guns and roses,but its guns and roses songs,played live in a arena,still with twatxl roses vocals,and to me,ok ive paid to see a gig,but i can quite happily sit there with my eyes shut,and just listen so i can say i heard there maertial live...

THATS good enough for me...

and YEH Revolver FUCKIN ROCK too!!!!!!!!

Pete...
Old 11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thrush

either way herion and keeping time on drums dont go so he got sacked plus then didnt he have a coke or herion induced stroke

The Velvet lead singer is just as much of a nightmare as axle IMO but thats rock & roll

enjoy Pete
Old 12-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warleydaddy
I can appreaciate all the views guys,but "IF" they turn up,and im sure they will,then it will be god,just have a feeling...

At the end of the day its the same songs,just played by different people..

If your a GNR fan,then surley being ina sold out arena,and hearing all the classics,must send a siver up your spin???

Well im looking forward to it anyway!!

Pete...
After the final encore do us a favour......

SHOOT AXL!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oops, must be thinking of someone else.