General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sven

Search this Thread

Old 30-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Tas662
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sven

Is it just me or is sven a total cunt why is he playing hargreaves carrick is a much better player

Or am i just bein stupid
Old 30-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Tas662

Not really as lampard is a class player hargreaves isnt
Old 30-06-2006, 04:06 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Hargreaves has been one of the best players in the last two games, particularly in the holding midfield role

I'd play him instead of Frank Lampard AND play Carrick, seeing as Carrick is the only player who can pass forward to the strikers feet.

All the others play it at 10000mph over the top or square all the time
Old 30-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Tas662

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Hargreaves has been one of the best players in the last two games, particularly in the holding midfield role

I'd play him instead of Frank Lampard AND play Carrick, seeing as Carrick is the only player who can pass forward to the strikers feet.

I hope Lampard has a game as good as the ones hes been having the rest of the season for chelsea so you all have to eat your words
Old 30-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Richie Russ

Why the need to play Carrick at all i think he is a waste of time, surely he isn't the only player we have who can pass a ball !

Gotta be

Robo, Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Rooney and Crouch, this imho, is our best team, it just needs to click and i think it will
Old 30-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Tas662

Yeh but what i ment is if there is a holding midfeilder i wud rather it was carrick personally as he can tackle but can also play brilliant balls to the strickers feet and i dnt think i saw him lose the ball in the last game
Old 30-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Richie Russ

It can against the right teams, so far, we havent played a team that have been 'great' hence why our game is down at the mo...

Carrick is good for club football, nothing else imho, he cannot tackle, or not that i have seen, a few long sweeping passes are ok when you have time, but not in this world cup !!
Old 30-06-2006, 04:21 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Tas662

I hope Lampard has a game as good as the ones hes been having the rest of the season for chelsea so you all have to eat your words
So would we all mate, i'm sure we all want England to win but he's choked every shot in 5 games so far so maybe it's time give the other performers a chance. it worked wonders for Rio when he was dropped for a game.

Plenty of players had amazing seasons in the league and never get a chance, dont let being a chelsea fan cloud your judgement.
Old 30-06-2006, 04:25 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Richie Russ
Carrick is good for club football, nothing else imho, he cannot tackle, or not that i have seen, a few long sweeping passes are ok when you have time, but not in this world cup !!
Did you watch a different game to the one I watched?

Carrick was the ONLY England player who consistently passed forward to the strikers feet or into the path of their runs.........plus he isnt there to do all the tackling, hes the HOLDING midfielder, the job of picking up the loose balls and pressuring the space between the back four and midfield, and tackling/doubling up defensively when required.
Old 30-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Richie Russ

Did you watch a different game to the one I watched?

Carrick was the ONLY England player who consistently passed forward to the strikers feet or into the path of their runs.........plus he isnt there to do all the tackling, hes the HOLDING midfielder, the job of picking up the loose balls and pressuring the space between the back four and midfield, and tackling/doubling up defensively when required.
I must have done mate, all i saw was him pass sideways and backwards and put 1 ball through to Rooney, thats it, hardly warrants a place in my team anyway, Hargreaves was far better in the holding role and i cant stand him !
Old 01-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gotta be

Robo, Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Rooney and Crouch, this imho, is our best team, it just needs to click and i think it will
bench Lampard and Terry as they have both been wank during all the tournament
Old 01-07-2006, 01:20 AM
diesel2000

Originally Posted by Cam
Gotta be

bench Lampard and Terry as they have both been wank during all the tournament
Sit the 2 of them next to One Trick Beckham, he has been wank for the past 3 years in my opinion and is holding much better players back because he is Svens bumchum!
I honestly think we will scrape past Portugal because of their suspensions but god help us against Brazil (or France)
Old 01-07-2006, 03:47 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: Sven

Is it just me or is sven a total cunt why is he playing hargreaves carrick is a much better player

Or am i just bein stupid

Because Hargreaves is an out and out defensive midfielder like Mascherano, Gattuso etc. He will tackle and thats whats needed against a physical team like portugal. Hargreaves is a holding player/passer. Both are worthy of CM but it depends on the team. Maybe Carrick would be better option if we made it to the Semi, Brazil, as they are less aggresive, let you have time on the ball and give you the chance to pass and play.

Hargreaves made a large amount of tackles, more than gerrard or frank in th previous two games and wasn't yellow carded for any tackle at all. Which is handy what with all the silly refs.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

I certainly hope Sven doesn't start Rooney up front on his own.

He was ineffectual in that role against Ecuador as he didn't get the service. All Robinson did was hoof the ball upfield in the grim hope of finding Rooney for almost every goal kick he did To do that someone like Crouch is needed to help Rooney out.

The team needs to play 4 - 4 - 2 and link up together and play as a team, which so far they seem to be incapable of doing.

Sven and his tactics have been dire to say the least.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:53 AM
BUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by grimreaper
i'd love to be proven wrong with lampard gettin a goal or two but i carnt see it happening unless a peno
so that makes him a bad player cause he aint scoring ? what about your strikers, only one of them has scored and its their job to !!

Hargreaves dont get inthe Bayern Munich squad week in week out for nothing, do you actually watch the football in Germany to see how well he plays and why sven picks him ?? I think not.

Comon the portugal, lets stop this lot moaning and send them home
Old 01-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

According to the papers (Daily Mail) this morning... Stevie G is quoted as saying - 'Lampard is suffering from a crisis of confidence'

No shit!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:07 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
I certainly hope Sven doesn't start Rooney up front on his own.

He was ineffectual in that role against Ecuador as he didn't get the service. All Robinson did was hoof the ball upfield in the grim hope of finding Rooney for almost every goal kick he did To do that someone like Crouch is needed to help Rooney out.

The team needs to play 4 - 4 - 2 and link up together and play as a team, which so far they seem to be incapable of doing.

Sven and his tactics have been dire to say the least.

Surely we have tried 4-4-2 so many times now and quite clearly its not good enough against teams with a packd midfield. Playing our two best midfielders together in that role doesn't work as it wastes one or the other because they have to rotate in covering the defence and couter attacks. The only way is to have one of them doing a Keane like at Manchester and allow the other like scholes used to, to attack and link with the CF.

Again Gerrard could do this and has already but then we miss out on him scoring and providing like he has shown for England and does for Liverpool week in week out.

Play 4-4-2 against Brazil or Portugal and its plane ticket time. Like in 2002 or 2004 or Euro 2000 when the midfield back off and allowed Figo to shot from distance, by the time Tony adams got a foot in it had flick off his inside leg and beat seamen top corner.

IMO even if at times Rooney does get isolated its better than have a weak midfield or defence. Look at Switzerland they were knocked out on Penalties after never conceeding a goal, Italy have only conceeded one and thats from their own player. They have been boring yet scored a few on the counter and are now in the Semi. We proved in 2002 we can't out score Brazil and similar teams.

Oh and Peter Crouch is one of the worst strikers to wear and england shirt even if he scores 50 goals. If i were to rate him on Pro Evo hes the type of player i would give 50 or 60, maybe 70 for a couple of things but never 80's or 90+. Hes not great at any one thing, Pace, Shooting, Passing, Skills, Strength on the ball, even heading hes no where near Czechs koller.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:40 AM
It's Czech Mate

Would you like sauce with your words or just eat them on their own?

Old 02-07-2006, 10:56 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

lampard and gerrard are highly overrated simple as that , good players but overrated by the press . i mean how many opurtunities do they need to prove it on the big stage?
anyone see france? lamps and stevie g aint got nothing on zizou and hes a few years past his best but he still stepped up and showed us whos top man
never like france and allways wanted them lose but now england are out im behind france would love to see zidane lift the cup as he bows out of the game
Old 02-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
According to the papers (Daily Mail) this morning... Stevie G is quoted as saying - 'Lampard is suffering from a crisis of confidence'

No shit!
I thought it was a weight/size problem
Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RobL
lampard and gerrard are highly overrated simple as that , good players but overrated by the press . i mean how many opurtunities do they need to prove it on the big stage?
anyone see france? lamps and stevie g aint got nothing on zizou and hes a few years past his best but he still stepped up and showed us whos top man
never like france and allways wanted them lose but now england are out im behind france would love to see zidane lift the cup as he bows out of the game
agree....zidane is a TRUE star
Old 02-07-2006, 12:10 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Totally disagree. Zidane was criticised in all 3 group games as they nearly failed to qualify for the knock out stages. In fact he was not only was it confirmed but fans, his manager and the media but he was substituted and left out of the next game. He played well against brazil but that was do to the vice closing in. If you see Real Madrid he does not have many of those performances in him over the course of a season. Poor against arsenal, poor for france etc.

Gerrard is equally up there and his champions league performances and home ones have been top level. Champions league is known as the world cup of club football to quote pierre luigi collina. 2 penalties away from the last 4 in the world does not make them poor players.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sven

Or am i just bein stupid

It seems you are stupid...... and know fook all about football.

Hargreaves had a fantastic games yesterday, played with 110% which is more than can be said for others... He ran out of his skin yesterday making forward runs into their box, tracking back, making crucial tackles..

Oh and he buried his penalty... which is more than can be said for others..

So in this case... Svein was right to play him !
Old 02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Exactly, if they, Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher took the pentalties like Hargraves, burried well in the corner then it would of gone in no matter how good the keeper got near it. Instead they hit it slightly to the side but virtually in the middle. Have they not learned from Batty, Ince, Pearce, Southgate that placing it slightly is no good, it needs to be top corner ish or if you do place it then it has to go right to the side.

Portugal missed 2 and if we had 5 Hargreaves then we would be in the last 4 in the world. So now people say we weren't good enough to be there which is funny bearing in mind Portugal are there, so too france who nearly failed to qualify.

Oh well, life goes on.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:36 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

owen hargreaves was man of the match, 100%

he deserves it after the shit hes been given!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Tas662

he was good and the best player out there but i still think carrick would have been a better bet as he can look forward an play good balls into the feet of strikers something i did not see hargreaves do in the game i saw him lose it when he tried to make a pass. Who ever made the point about hargreavesplaying holding midfeild week in week out can u tell plz tell me what position carrick plays then???? exactly
Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by skeg

Totally disagree. Zidane was criticised in all 3 group games as they nearly failed to qualify for the knock out stages. In fact he was not only was it confirmed but fans, his manager and the media but he was substituted and left out of the next game. He played well against brazil but that was do to the vice closing in. If you see Real Madrid he does not have many of those performances in him over the course of a season. Poor against arsenal, poor for france etc.

Gerrard is equally up there and his champions league performances and home ones have been top level. Champions league is known as the world cup of club football to quote pierre luigi collina. 2 penalties away from the last 4 in the world does not make them poor players.
im sorry but you obviuosly dont know much about football, gerrards a very good player for liverpool but please he aint in same league zidane when he was at his best
Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
discodenkelly
bounce, bounce, bounce

The best player in a white shirt yesterday and there's always someone ready to slate them, oh dear. If the rest played with half the passion Hargreaves did yesterday then England would be in the semis
Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Richie Russ

Suppose i'll have to eat my words for saying Hargreaves was crap and shouldnt have gone, but he has been our best player but fair play to him, he had an EXCELLENT game yesterday, what Gerrard and Lampard are up to gos only knows, a very disappointing tournament indeed, lets hope McLaren isnt as negative with his tactics, but i have a feeling he will also play to not lose rather than play to win

I managed to smoke 15 fags through that game, i couldnt sit down whilst watching it either, but very pissed off with the crap we have seen not just from England, but from Argentina, Brazil (where has Ronaldinho been) ? and Spain, truly gutted.........