General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Paint bubbling after 18 months, spot repair??

Search this Thread

Old 29-06-2006, 11:08 PM
daviddunlop83
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paint bubbling after 18 months, spot repair??

My paint is bubbling under the wing mirror on my focus ST170 which is apprently a common fault on focus's. The guy in the body shop for ford said its common on focus's but not on ST170's because the wing mirror is competely different which is a load of rubbish as i checked part numbers. After some arguing and a phone call to ford uk customer relations center they agreeded to fix it under warrentty saying they were doing a spot repair.

What i would like to know is, is a spot repair going to make it look 100% as they arent spraying the whole door??. Just a couple of inces of it.

Another problem is the paint has came off under the plastic strip the goes across the rear tail gate. He told me i was wasting his time as they would never cover it, even tho just by chance the same half hour i was there there was another focus with the exact same problem in the same place. Anyone know about this problem??
Old 29-06-2006, 11:24 PM
ozcos
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why the guy should say your wasting his time as the fault is with a product from the manufacturer he is supposed to represent.
I don't know about these particular problems but if your not happy with the dealers then ring ford customer relations direct.
Better results in my experience.
Old 30-06-2006, 08:24 AM
daviddunlop83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did ring them as i took the wing mirror problem up 3 weeks ago then the boot one two days ago. As i rang 7 times with no call returned i rang ford uk and funny enough he rang me back that afternoon about the wing mirror problem.

Im just concered will a spot repair be 100% on the door or will it look stupid?
Old 30-06-2006, 08:50 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by daviddunlop83
I did ring them as i took the wing mirror problem up 3 weeks ago then the boot one two days ago. As i rang 7 times with no call returned i rang ford uk and funny enough he rang me back that afternoon about the wing mirror problem.

Im just concered will a spot repair be 100% on the door or will it look stupid?
shouldn't m8... it will most likely be laquered off to the swage line.. i've done a couple. look's good if a good painter does it.. it's a prob with every focus. when you get it done make sure who ever does it grind's a small bit off the bottom of the mirror plastic.. this stop's it rubbing through again..
Old 30-06-2006, 08:52 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If it's not good enough don't accept it back, simple as.

You've got to give them the chance to do it their way imo but if it's not 100% they'll have to do it again
Old 30-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Doug

Ford give out a std 12 year anti corrosion warranty! fight it all the way and if its been repaied there should be a 12 month warranty on the reapir if you have hassle let me know and i'll sort the number out for customer services for you !

Regards Doug .
Old 30-06-2006, 08:58 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

toyota honour there's after 10 year's an god know's how many owner's.. i've put4 avensis roof skin's on due to rust..

they're apparently making them 12year's aswell now..