General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stupid narrow minded Jap owners

Search this Thread

Old 18-06-2006, 02:42 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rapidcossie
i posted the link to this a while ago..

ALOT of the guys on MLR are idiots...

some are ok tho
Good get out clause there Euan

Oh and the 9 has a Mivec engine if we are splitting hairs,

It's called blind brand loyalty you get it every were it's life live with it

Mike
Old 18-06-2006, 02:42 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Originally Posted by collierm
Fair enough point. They do over engineer everything. National Geographic has some great programmes about things like that.
No they, dont they CORRECTLY engineer things (or aim to)

Germans tend to OVER engineer things (and conseqeuntly make heavy cars)

Japs try to make all parts exactly the way they need to be.
absolutely totally spot-on!

YB is "perceived" as being so much better than scooby etc due to the fact it is way over-engineered in comparison - in standard form it is capable of making loads more power because everything is TOO strong. That's great for us, for little outlay the performance can be improved dramatically without changing much. The Jap stuff is engineered correctly for purpose, doing exactly what it's intended to in standard form, reliably - this of course means when you try and mess with it and exceed the intended duty, things start breaking, people get grumpy, and look upon them as being "crap" because they don't understand..

IMO it's often the Ford'ies that are blinkered - in standard form, for normal use, the scoobs and EVO's are way better as an overall package than the Ford offerings. "faster" does not always equal "better"
Old 18-06-2006, 02:46 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-PEUGEOT-1...QQcmdZViewItem

that says it for me, why not use an evo engine, cause they are made out of chocolate
Old 18-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Evo's can be tuned easier too 380/400 hp than cossies...
Old 18-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

You'll find Lisa that Ollie & I both use this board more than MLR. It's hard trying to be active on 3 bbs, as I am also a moderator on the RSOC bb too.

collierm
It was just one prick [an ex-scooby owner] causing all the stirring on the 2 cossie threads on MLR.... both threads locked now. Thankfully he's seems to have done a vanishing act from MLR now. I think you will find most of the decent MLR users all respect cossies for what they are and what they stand for.

I've got the best of both worlds having a cossie and an Evo, but I am seriously considering selling both of them and getting an EVO IX MR340 or EVO IX GT400
Old 18-06-2006, 02:50 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by peteh
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-PEUGEOT-106-COSWORTH-4x4_W0QQitemZ4651279017QQcategoryZ9859QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

that says it for me, why not use an evo engine, cause they are made out of chocolate
stop talking shite
Old 18-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Ollie6RS2
Didnt realise you were a closet ford fan Lisa??

Lynne.....
Hey... watch out for the bizzies next weekend Ollie
Old 18-06-2006, 02:51 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 18-06-2006, 02:51 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote="chip-3door"]There is a FAR larger percentage of Evo owners who actually know naff all about the insides of an engine.

Without understanding the way that a decent engine is designed and built they arent in any position to talk about them really, they view engines as mystical devices that have magical properties and they dont understand what makes a good or a bad one.

Evo's are good cars, in fact evo's are GREAT cars, but sadly a lot of the people buying them dont understand why.

Thats not always the case of course, but its certainly more common for an Evo owner to have never done any mechancial work on a car than a cossie owner IMHO (i mean prior to owning it, not because evo's need less work or anything like that)
Chip i feel this is because alot of people that own Evo's are far more affluent, and that is not meant as a snobbish comment how much can you pick an old Cossie up for ??? how much can you pick an old Evo up for ?? there is a large difference this i feel is why not as many people work on there own Evo's because they do not have to contary to what people think they are not cheap cars, Cossies can be ..... but then thats just all my opinion

Ironicaly if you look back to the early evo engines (which were still designed AFTER the cossie ones) they suffer quite badly from crank walk and other design issues.

The advantage modern evo engines have is that there has been a continual improvement on them for the last 10 years since that, where as the YB was got pretty close to spot on to begin with and then left like it essentially with only minimal changes through the years.

Evo's are great cars because excuse the pun they have Evolved

Mike[/b]
Old 18-06-2006, 02:52 PM
AG318

Originally Posted by Redkop
You'll find Lisa that Ollie & I both use this board more than MLR. It's hard trying to be active on 3 bbs, as I am also a moderator on the RSOC bb too.

collierm
It was just one prick [an ex-scooby owner] causing all the stirring on the 2 cossie threads on MLR.... both threads locked now. Thankfully he's seems to have done a vanishing act from MLR now. I think you will find most of the decent MLR users all respect cossies for what they are and what they stand for.

I've got the best of both worlds having a cossie and an Evo, but I am seriously considering selling both of them and getting an EVO IX MR340 or EVO IX GT400
Cool i just browse more than post Redkop, Im more on MLR but do have resepect for the cosworth as paul has his so we have the advantage of both worlds.
Old 18-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

I'd say i spend similar amounts of time on here and the MLR.

Just a quick point to collierm...There is plenty of pricks on here too.
Old 18-06-2006, 02:56 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Ollie

Don't think I ever argued against that point
Old 18-06-2006, 03:13 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

That's great for us, for little outlay the performance can be improved dramatically without changing much. The Jap stuff is engineered correctly for purpose, doing exactly what it's intended to in standard form, reliably - this of course means when you try and mess with it and exceed the intended duty, things start breaking, people get grumpy, and look upon them as being "crap" because they don't understand..

Really?

I'd say it was the opposite after owning and modifying cosworths and jap stuff.

Minimal mods on an evo 6 will give 360bhp (std turbo, injectors etc) very reiably too.

Maybe you mean the Impreza
Old 18-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Redkop

One of the main points on all these type of threads.... cossie vs evo vs scooby et al is you'll find people who shout the loudest and diss other marques are those that have never driven that type of car.

It's no use a cossie owner saying I raced an Evo and beat it, so therefore Evo's are crap, slow cars and this applies vice versa too. It's down to how good the driver is and whether it's modded car vs standard car.

It really gets on my tits, the people who diss other cars without knowing a thing about them.

There's anal users on all forums who think their cars are better than any other marque.
Old 18-06-2006, 03:23 PM
MarkTurbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Theres narrow minded jap owners everywhere, not just the MLR Although they do seem to have a higher percentage on there

Just ignore them, the ones that slate other cars are usually just clueless knobs that know fuck all about cars Quite a few of my mates have got cossies and even taking into account the age of it the YB is still a bloody good engine compared to more modern stuff
Old 18-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by MarkTurbo
Theres narrow minded jap owners everywhere, not just the MLR Although they do seem to have a higher percentage on there
Are you sure you aren't getting MLR confused with ScoobyNet?
Old 18-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Spot on. Nearly all Scooby owners are wanks*...

*above statement might not be entirely correct
Old 18-06-2006, 03:34 PM
MarkTurbo

Sorry, should have added that the percentage on scoobynet is even higher still
Old 18-06-2006, 03:38 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

Ay snet is only good for technical stuff but even then some of that is shit.
Old 18-06-2006, 03:38 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jameswrx
That's great for us, for little outlay the performance can be improved dramatically without changing much. The Jap stuff is engineered correctly for purpose, doing exactly what it's intended to in standard form, reliably - this of course means when you try and mess with it and exceed the intended duty, things start breaking, people get grumpy, and look upon them as being "crap" because they don't understand..

Really?

I'd say it was the opposite after owning and modifying cosworths and jap stuff.

Minimal mods on an evo 6 will give 360bhp (std turbo, injectors etc) very reiably too.

Maybe you mean the Impreza
maybe i do I was careful not to be too specific about naming anything specific as I don't know enough about them all but yea mainstream impreza is what i had in mind.

ps. I love my cossie as a weekend toy, but for everyday use if i had to make a choice it would get changed
Old 18-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you not think that the cossies down fall is the managment and ignition system????????????????????????????????

You see loads of cossies melting pistons, but hardly ever see them throwing a rod through the block.

My old stage3 saph lasted less than 6 months on a msd stage3 map and setup. Obviously nothing to do with there work as the car ran fantastically, but ended up melting a piston in the end.

Just a though lads
Old 18-06-2006, 05:19 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use PassionFord,Scoobynet and the MLR,

I used to have an RST and thourght it was a great car, unfortunately i decided to sell it and after the Focus ST i had i got myself a Scoob.

Now i find this post interesting, as there seems to be quite a few people on here also love to post the odd Vid about a scoob being beaten by this or that marque,or "i beat a scoob the other day" but when the boots on the other foot people on here go raving about it.

The facts are,it doesnt matter which Forum you go on,depending where you are at the time everyone think that the fords are the best or the Evo's are the best or whatever....

So what, Fords have a pedigree to back the name up,so what scoobs and Evo's are jap and can be more reliable if modded correctly...who gives a flying fuck.

Now i dont think that my scoob is the fastest car on earth nor do i bother racing other marques too much as i just cant be bothered,but what you have to understand is that only the ignorant,arrogant and big headed idiots believe their car is the "fastest" or "the best" or "the shinniest" which every forum you visit.

And just to point out the title of this topic, somewhat proves my point

Have a nice day all

tis a fact
Old 18-06-2006, 06:06 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well said that man ^^^^^^^ Could not agree more

Mike
Old 18-06-2006, 06:14 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

st3v3

How does the title prove your point? I agree with what your saying as well, dickheads on MLR wound me up with nonsensical bollocks.
Old 18-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

I agree regarding the title and as for your title on the MLR... its even worse...http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=115407
Old 18-06-2006, 07:11 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Yeah well Ollie, I was thoroughly pissed off by that point (and a bit more drunk than I am now )

I wish I hadn't done that now, but oh well. Apology listed on the site as well.
Old 18-06-2006, 08:17 PM
KW-rscos
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say I am a huge Cossie fan, but have ultimate respect for other marques. having never driven either though i am not in a place to judge either way, one thing i would say though is look a Rods Saff, what an amazing achievement, we im sure could all agree on that, and dont get me wrong jap cars have probably done the same if not more, but go on is site and the guestbook iss littered with gimps saying that its sh*t and that their mates 400bhp scoob would make it look like its going backwards, thats what annoys me, why cant they just respect a great achievement?
sorry rant over, lol.
Old 18-06-2006, 08:22 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

st3v3

How does the title prove your point? I agree with what your saying as well, dickheads on MLR wound me up with nonsensical bollocks.
LOL, there's plenty of dickheads on here with non-sensical bollocks, no need to go looking for it on MLR!
Old 18-06-2006, 08:26 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

st3v3

well your being narrow minded in the first place with the title of the thread, not all jap owners are narrow minded ONLY in your eyes

And as for title on MLR "stuff the lot of you"
Old 18-06-2006, 08:34 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Originally Posted by st3v3
st3v3

well your being narrow minded in the first place with the title of the thread, not all jap owners are narrow minded ONLY in your eyes

And as for title on MLR "stuff the lot of you"
Narrow minded based on what i had read. And I never wrote the word ALL in the title.

Yes the MLR title is out or order as I said earlier in this thread and I have apologised for it.
Old 19-06-2006, 12:16 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
Japs do things as cheaply as possible, they have to, they make cheap shit shopping cars that people only buy to get from a-b or for the inner city paki taxi drivers
and a sierra, by comparison, is what exactly??
Old 19-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by chip-3door
Fair enough point. They do over engineer everything. National Geographic has some great programmes about things like that.
No they, dont they CORRECTLY engineer things (or aim to)

Germans tend to OVER engineer things (and conseqeuntly make heavy cars)

Japs try to make all parts exactly the way they need to be.

As an example, my mate and me were both doing some work on our cars one day, i had a honda prelude and he had an audi A6 estate

One of hte jobs i had involved removing the rear anti rollbar
One of hte jobs he was doing involved removing an ally heat shild from near the exahust

There were (iirc) 2 13mm bolts holding on my anti roll bar, and 6 15mm bolts holding on his heat shield

The honda was correctly engineered, any more bolts would NOT have improved the functioning or life expectancy of the rollbar bushes, any less and it would have been worse, the audi was over engineered, that was more weight than was needed ,a couple of smaller bolts would have done the job just fine.
I think you're mixing up doing the job correctly and saving a few pence on bolts

Japs do things as cheaply as possible, they have to, they make cheap shit shopping cars that people only buy to get from a-b or for the inner city paki taxi drivers
No im definately NOT mixing it up.

A few bolts here and there etc amounts to a cost saving per car which can then be either passed onto the consumer OR used for extra development, toyota for example invest more than 5 billion a year in research and development, it also results in an increase in performance from a change in weight and likewise in economy too.
Old 19-06-2006, 03:22 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Blinkered fans are in every marque. They are on here, vauxhalls, and Jap stuff. Its nothing new. People on here diss Jap cars, its life. I drive a Jap car and after owning the cossie, its nice to put my foot down and not be listening for rattle, worrying about every smell coming through the air vent, how much the next breakdown is going to cost. That said, they are an all time favourite car and I will own another one day when I can use it as a Sunday driver.

Agree with Chip on the over engineering. We did some case studies at college on Japanese production, Just In Time, quality etc. The way they were running and I am sure still run is mind blowing. Such little wastage.
Old 19-06-2006, 12:20 PM
ON-UJAH

Evos, at least the V and VI, were designed with Group N rallying in mind - thats why the engines, gearboxes and Turbos don't break with (and are easily tuned to) 360PS.

After 360, things start getting more expensive.

Cossies are good because they use a MAP sensor (oviuosly the design of the engine is good too) - so people can run big boost with just a suitable sensor, turbo and remap. Not many Evos run over 360PS, because the MAF limits them. But the engine itself should be good for 450.
Old 19-06-2006, 02:17 PM
RsDarren
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Location: Dewsbury, The parts were they don't abduct their own children!

A while ago me and my mate (DanRS off here) had worked all day on his 3 door cossie, had a few minor bits to fiddle with. Gave it a clean and with it being a hot sunny day decided to go for a blast. Dan's brother rang us and invited us to there monthly Jap meeting @ Mascret Manor in cheshire, as he knew we were out the the cossie.

Bearing in mind this is a 31,000 mile, white standard, stunning example of a cosworth. We turned up on the car part which was packed with all kinds of jap motors. We had to park in the centre of the car park road as there was no were else to park????

There was quite a few dirty looks and disgusted glares as we got out of the car (we both thought Jap W*nkers ). We went for a pint and came back outside. To our shock the car was getting a lot of attention for the right reasons with the older age group very pleased to see a cult car in such good condtion, asking many questions (we then thought that they'd redeemed themselves from the dirty looks ?)

The night carried on much the same with people saying it was car of the night !!!(to our shock !!!)

BUT.....

When leaving the car park towards the end of the night a lad lent on the bonnet of his Starlet whatever?? walked to us in the car and spat the biggest greeny straight through the window at us, hitting Dan in the chest and saying the words "Ford sh*t"!!

Couldn't believe what happened!!!

That's narrow minded!!!!
Old 19-06-2006, 02:49 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And thats asking for a fucking slap cheeky prick

But he was driving a Starlet neandital wanker

Mike
Old 19-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Tigran
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by jock
neandital wanker
Oh the irony.

Anyway there is a easy settlement to this dispute - vauxhalls are better than all of you

On a serious note - every car make has this particular flavour of morons. BMW, Vauxhall, Ford - whatever the make some people who are a fan of that make will simply be blind and blinkered morons and some will have an open mind about the shortcomings and strengths of their cars/engines/gearboxes. I find combining as many different marques bits in one car is the best way - multicultural integration
Old 19-06-2006, 03:13 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Tigran
Originally Posted by jock
neandital wanker
Oh the irony.

Anyway there is a easy settlement to this dispute - vauxhalls are better than all of you

On a serious note - every car make has this particular flavour of morons. BMW, Vauxhall, Ford - whatever the make some people who are a fan of that make will simply be blind and blinkered morons and some will have an open mind about the shortcomings and strengths of their cars/engines/gearboxes. I find combining as many different marques bits in one car is the best way - multicultural integration
My comment was said based on the fellas apparent juvenile deliquent behaviour, any self respecting person regardless of the brand of car they own would not resort to this type of disrespectful behaviour,

so i fail to see the irony sorry
Old 19-06-2006, 03:17 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

If someone has to go to any particular effort to slag off another car or marque then you have to ask why they feel the need to.

Quick Reply: Stupid narrow minded Jap owners