General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Learning to ride

Search this Thread

Old 14-06-2006, 03:49 PM
icelollies
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learning to ride

A Motorbike (motocross) - on the fields and proper tracks, so i thought i would share my experiences with you guys

1st attempt... after about 3 hours of pottering about and falsly building up my confidence in my abilities, I race a friend of mine got to the top end of 4th before realising that the end of the straight was fast approaching and with it a big wooden fence!! couldnt stop with the anchors fully deployed so dived off and me and the bike each took our chances...we both survived with a few cuts and bruises.

2nd attempt... was getting in a few practice laps of the motocross track, came up the back straight up the hill, went for 3rd...missed (but didnt realise) wound the bar back on and it was still in second!! wheel climbed straight away, a cant move my foot to brake and am too busy hanging on to let the throttle off, had the wheel up for about 15-20 metres... its now rapidly heading... the shape of the pear!.... then i hit the jump that is on the straight, im now in the air doing a half arsed superman still holdin on tight with me hands, land the bike, am back on the pegs and my arse is bitin down hard on that seat!!

A thought driving my Saph was a bit lairy but bikes are a whole different experience. any one else ride motocross either for fun or competition?
Old 14-06-2006, 03:51 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Motocross bikes are fun. Wish our local quarry didnt get shut down or i'd have another YZ250 in a heartbeat.
Old 14-06-2006, 03:52 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

used to have a RM 125 and utterly loved it!
off road over the bumps on track feels SO fast.
Old 14-06-2006, 04:02 PM
icelollies
Regular Contributor

89XR2 - my mate has a YZ250 like, he loves it, there are 2 big quarries up near me but they not legal so still planning a nice route in and out so we dont get slapped wrists

I got an Suzuki RM250, once am better at riding i want to do a bit green laning up the moors and that
Old 14-06-2006, 04:06 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by icelollies
89XR2 - my mate has a YZ250 like, he loves it, there are 2 big quarries up near me but they not legal so still planning a nice route in and out so we dont get slapped wrists

I got an Suzuki RM250, once am better at riding i want to do a bit green laning up the moors and that
If you're riding in quarries make sure you check where you're riding before you take your bike in. One of my mates got his kxf250 stuch in quicksand (he was lucky to get away with it as his front wheel and forks sunk into the quicksand he was thrown over the bars well clear of the quicksand) and they had to get shovels and dig it out and then tow it out with another bike. Be carefull where you're riding

I loved my YZ250. Wish I still had it but I couldnt keep it due to personal reasons. If I ever find another quarry nearby i can get in without getting too busted i'll buy another one as I still have all my race gear and lid etc