General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever feel like giving up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Ever feel like giving up?

Well so far this month ive spent £70 getting the car setup. Drives better but is it faster? i dont know cause the day i got it back my throttle cable snapped! Found out that my scorpion exhaust may be restricting the car big style, so i need to get a mongoose, another £300 down the drain. £60 getting new wheel bearings fitted £80 getting polybushes and having them fitted. Then finding out i need 2 inner steering joints cause their bushes are worn £80 + fitting. Also the passenger side front wheel sits an inch further back than the driver's side one and nobody is sure why, so now i've gotta start replacing suspension parts to see if i can fix that! At the minute the steering is not aligned, i vibrates like mad due to the steering joints and im broke already this month

So now i'm having thoughts of selling up i dont want to i love the car but its pissed me off alot
Old 08-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, ive had it.

Everytime i do something i discover new things to fix.

Ive driven the car for 15minutes this summer.....life sucks.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:09 PM
K18NEO
PassionFord Regular

I know how you feel, my cars on its last chance, cuz ive had so many problems, so much money threw at it, and a recon engine only caused more shit, 2 accidents in 4 weeks, 2 new alloys, RR, misfiring, so much shit, so ive gone out to spend yet more money on an rs, and its going in this week, if its crap after that, its going up forsale!
Old 08-08-2004, 03:14 PM
GAZ W
PassionFord Post Troll

Part and parcel of RS ownership im afraid ... im in same boat at the moment , car is of the road at the best time of the year , so ive said fook it now this year time to start stripping it down for the next part of the mini restoration

We still love em though
Old 08-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

@K18NEO - fecking hell! that alot of bad luck. hope all goes well for ya from onw on!
i know that once i get the steering sorted i'll love the car again, but until then Well at least i know it'll last another 15 years one i get brand new stuff in there!

oh dont know bout england, but we've had like 4 days of sun ALL summer even the weather hates us