General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Another riddle

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Another riddle

RAY: This puzzler was sent in by a young lady named Sarah Zimmerman, age 13. I had to mess around with it a little bit, but she did a pretty good job. Here it is:

A pilgrim needs to make a journey on foot between Casablanca and Marrakesh, to deliver movies to the new Marrakesh multiplex. It's an arduous and dangerous trip at best, and it takes six days. The most a traveler can carry for food and water is four days' worth.

TOM: I hope there's a hotel someplace in between.

RAY: There are no hotels. Here's the question: How many people must start out together, so that one of them can make it all the way to Marrakesh from Casablanca?

One other thing: the others who start out along with the pilgrim? They can't die along the way.

Any ideas? State your reasoning too...
Old 09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 with him.

1 walks for a day, then drops off 2 days water and turns round.
the second pics up one days water and so does the pilgrim, so they both have 4 again.

then the second one turns round after another day, leaving 1 days water for the pilgrim, who then has days water and is 4 days away.

Thats least number of people i can come up with anyway.