General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who would let there other half..........

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no 100% answer to a question like this, because most people are different as you can see by the opinions above and its all ok until it happens to you.

I personally cant see the point in going to night clubs if you have a partner, ie just the two of you. A night club is where people try and pull, honestly how many go for the music?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
I don't agree with most of the above, I'm afraid.

"You snooze, you lose™"

If you are complacent, then someone could come along and if the timing is right (or wrong), they might just strike the right note and that's it. It's too late then to look back and say "at least I wasn't the jealous type'

Take the TV program 'Temptation Island'. Couples go on there and are split up on opposite sides of a paradise island with a large group of single people (mainly models etc) to try and tempt them. That program has split alot of otherwise happy couples up and in most cases would have probably never seen a problem. We are not invincible and I'm afraid to say that most red-blooded blokes would shag almost any girl, regardless of her circumstances, even your mates can do it to you.

Unfortunately most girls can't see that. They think that a bloke giving her attention has honest morals and will very often flirt back, even though they may not have any intentions. If you take this situation with one or two other variables (like perhaps she is going through an insecure patch herself or maybe you haven't been quite so caring for the last couple of days) and this 'new' guy might just catch her vulnerable side.

Call me paranoid, but I have seen it, done it and been victim to it.
That is all too true...........my ex was SOOOOOO oblivious to blokes talking to her all the time, she genuinely thought they were trying to be her friend, when really they were after one thing (she did and does even more so now have a reputation for being a slag).

But then she also craved attention, we used to argue whenever she wanted to go out, me not wanting her to because i knew what she would be out doing. Now we've split up, like, 18 months down the line, i still hear from her, still tells me she misses me, tells me she loves me, and admits that she liked the arguing about when she wanted to go out because it showed her i cared about her, which i don't anymore, and she can't handle that fact.

Theres needs to be a balance, if you act like you completely don't care what they do, they will more likely either get complacent, or cheat just because they know they can get away with it or BOTH!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect
well that depends mate dont it if youve had a good history of relationships then fairs youve not experienced how it can fuck you up for years when it ends have a few of those and you,ll never trust anyone again or will take along time to trust what do you say to those people? dont ever have another misus cause your stupid?
Ive had failed relationships that have been very upsetting.

But ive never had one fail where being overly jealous would have saved it!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by tonyk
There is no 100% answer to a question like this, because most people are different as you can see by the opinions above and its all ok until it happens to you.

I personally cant see the point in going to night clubs if you have a partner, ie just the two of you. A night club is where people try and pull, honestly how many go for the music?
Ive got several female friends who go clubbing just cause they enjoy music and dancing but it seems like most blokes go out just wanting to cop off.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect
were all unique

Yes its true, being unique is the one thing that everyone has in common
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Showed the mrs this post (to get her view first) and her responce was

"I'd talk to someone, but if someone offered to buy me a drink I'd tell em that I have a boyfriend. Because men only want to buy you a drink to get in your knickers. And I'd certainly not dance with anyone unless they were friends."

Which is just how I feel aboutbit really.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Of course I'd let her get drinks bought for her. If she's out with all her mates and can have a night out without spending all my money, that's great. I know she won't run off with some spiky haried gimp cos I'm the best shag on this planet.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by MadMac
Showed the mrs this post (to get her view first) and her responce was

"I'd talk to someone, but if someone offered to buy me a drink I'd tell em that I have a boyfriend. Because men only want to buy you a drink to get in your knickers. And I'd certainly not dance with anyone unless they were friends."

Which is just how I feel aboutbit really.
She sounds spot on mate
Old 07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Paranoia has ruined a fair proportion of my life and been a cause of over 80% of teh fights ive ever had. Its not something thats easily controlled and is definately caused by life experiences.

Sadly, some people on here have experienced my jealousy first hand, but
i am getting far far better nowadays thanks to Nicole's patience and I am finally starting to realise ive nothing to worry about. Its really nice.

Nicole is quite the opposite, she is happy for me to go out every night i fancy, to lap dancing or clubs and she genuinely isnt worried at all. Its i wierd feeling, but id pay good money to feel so relaxed about it. I realy would.

Originally Posted by tonyk
how many go for the music?
Me. 100%.
No interest in pulling, quite happy as i am, just love the music, the atmosphere and the dancing.

Mind you, we do have some serious clubs here, and the venue has to be right for it to work.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

My wife is quite controlling.I caught her in bed with the milkman and she begged me not to tell the postman
Old 07-05-2006, 11:49 AM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Rab
Of course I'd let her get drinks bought for her. If she's out with all her mates and can have a night out without spending all my money, that's great. I know she won't run off with some spiky haried gimp cos I'm the best shag on this planet.

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
My wife is quite controlling.I caught her in bed with the milkman and she begged me not to tell the postman
Old 07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The green eyed monster hides in all of us, and I don't mean the incredible hulk

Some have it a lot, some have it a little. All in needs is a bit of control
Old 07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i can get jealous but until i know i have reason to i don't show it, which is what has happened with me in the past, and because i haven't shown, my partner pushed their luck a little too far and that just caused so many problems and so much heartache.

maybe things happen for a reason though guys eh?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:13 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

IMO flirting is just as bad as cheating
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tbh i know flirting is pretty bad, and i can understand why guys get mad and jealous when girls do, because i know i have spoken to guys and my ex bf was upset saying i was flirting, but i never meant it to be like that, i was just trying to be the guys friend. and its not til now that i have realised the actual reality of how it all works between guys and girls.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I used to get upset when girls talked to my bloke etc etc, but now i've come to the conclusion that evryones human and why should i stop anyone talking to anyone, as long as i dont get hurt i don't care. But at the end of the day why should i worry over my man cheating and putting myself through the trauma! coz if its gonna happen its gonna happen and there aint anythng i can do. But i know damn well i wouldn't cheat and i know damn well my man wouldn't, so it's all good really LOL

But if a woman were to buy him a drink that cool, if she were to dance with him that's not cool
Old 07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It is all about trust i think. I would let the missus go out with whoever she wants. Going to down the clubs with her mates etc etc doesn't really bother me. She lets me do the same.........

i would say 75% of the time i just go out for the atmosphere. 25% of the time on specific drum+bass nights! Clubbing is not all about pulling someone, i went out last night with a few friends and has a blast. The night is what you make it IMO!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

whats the point going out to places with your partner where you can dance when you cannot dance with anyone else except boyfriend and girlfriend.

everyone dances with everyone when they are out,be a totally different scene if all the couples were only dancing with each other.

when you are out alone surely you dance with othere women/men,so why change when your partner s with you.

Go out,have a good laugh,dance with anyone you want and then go home knowing you had a really good night out and then wandering when you are going out next.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

depends how you dance with them though and what kind of contact is being made
Old 07-05-2006, 01:45 PM
deleted
10K+ Poster!!

Location: learnin to build a yb lump properly in dennis's garage

"You snooze, you lose™"

If you are complacent, then someone could come along and if the timing is right (or wrong), they might just strike the right note and that's it. It's too late then to look back and say "at least I wasn't the jealous type'

Take the TV program 'Temptation Island'. Couples go on there and are split up on opposite sides of a paradise island with a large group of single people (mainly models etc) to try and tempt them. That program has split alot of otherwise happy couples up and in most cases would have probably never seen a problem. We are not invincible and I'm afraid to say that most red-blooded blokes would shag almost any girl, regardless of her circumstances, even your mates can do it to you.

Unfortunately most girls can't see that. They think that a bloke giving her attention has honest morals and will very often flirt back, even though they may not have any intentions. If you take this situation with one or two other variables (like perhaps she is going through an insecure patch herself or maybe you haven't been quite so caring for the last couple of days) and this 'new' guy might just catch her vulnerable side.

so true
Old 07-05-2006, 08:07 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by COSSIENUTS

"You snooze, you lose™"

so true
Yeah but that is the whole point of the program...

Surely if they are tempted they aint the right one...........The clue is in the program name....

I seriously cant see how controlling someone can save a relationship....

Surly if you find yourelf having to control someone and hold them back as they may do something then is it not already too late.....
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeRST
Originally Posted by COSSIENUTS

"You snooze, you lose™"

so true
Yeah but that is the whole point of the program...

Surely if they are tempted they aint the right one...........The clue is in the program name....

I seriously cant see how controlling someone can save a relationship....

Surly if you find yourelf having to control someone and hold them back as they may do something then is it not already too late.....
No, but everyday life is a little different to this glorified tropical perfection with singles that were put there to do a job. I'm sure that a bloke that could have made it through an entire 'normal' lifetime and been completely honest and faithful might even be tempted by a drop-dead-gorgeous leggy blonde with big tits, even if only for a moment of madness. The same goes for girls. That doesn't mean that they are not the sort of person that you would want to be with, because you will most probably NEVER find yourself in that position.

I imagine that if George Clooney clocked onto my missus, she might just make the descision to leave me behind and I can't say I would blame her. That doesn't mean that I don't want to be with her because one day she might clear off with some rich celebrity. That's just a slightly more extreme example, to back up my point.

No-one can predict the future and we all have different feelings at different times and all it takes is the right (wrong?) recipe and you can make what you later realise is a mistake, but by that time it could be too late to save your relationship.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:09 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: Who would let there other half..........

Originally Posted by JoeRST
Right just a quick one,

Who on here would be ok with there other half getting drinks bought for them when they out by the opposite sex...

For example my good lady goes out with her mates and will except drinks from other blokes and birds

She will also have a dance and chat with them...

I dont mind, infact when its with another lady i encorage it....

But who lets there other half have a little flirt and a chat with the lads...?
Why does she tell you or how do you know? Do you not have a laugh when your out? I do
Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 PM
christianh3
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Despite me being an ugly bstad with a merely avg size willy i've been lucky enough to have relationships with some seriously fit women who used to get asked for photographs when we were out.

Mad thing is, because i didn't expect to see them again and viewed them out of my league, i never really got attached to them, so when we went out i was the most un-jealous person in the world...i really could not give a fk if blokes came onto them and they flirted etc...but this had the opposite effect of making them more keen on me...don't think they were used to a bloke not being all of over them.

I can be jealous and have been with less attractive gf's and this has caused problems and alot of heartache. Anyway good thread interesting reading.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Eil im usually there mate. but also know that she wouldnt refuse a drink/dance for worry of me getting upset....

Oh i also have fun when im out...........What is good for the goose and all that.....

Like someone has already said in this post i would rather a bird other blokes want then some swamp donkey that scares little kids away...
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 PM
AndyGranger
Advanced PassionFord User

Being on a diet does,nt mean you can,t look at the menu
Old 08-05-2006, 12:01 AM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by christianh3
Despite me being an ugly bstad with a merely avg size willy