General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Just Watched 2 pit bull dogs rip a cat apart

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2006, 10:13 AM
dexterc
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The idea that cats dont attack things is another funny one. I was attacked by 2 cats a young kid, and we had one that used to sit up on walls, drop down on dogs and attempt to scratch their eyes out. They are all animals for christ's sake, lets keep some perspective.
Old 23-04-2006, 10:32 AM
afcgordon
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by tonyk
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/23/MNGRODDG2S1.DTL

Check the 3rd paragraph down for a pitbull attacked its owner to death!!

Some of you talk bollocks about training dogs etc.. Police dogs are well trained by experts who know what they are doing and they dont always have success. A well trained guard dog is not viscious

http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/h...00/2527393.stm

Another example of a well trained guard dog I personally dont think these dogs should be allowed in public unless specially licensed, muzzled and the owner must have attended mandatory training sessions. Also a criminal records check should be completed and any failing of these should result in the dogs being destroyed and the owner severely fined.

I also think that when an attack dog is in the owners hands the owner must be legally responsible 100% and jail time involved when the dog kills or mames another human.

One last question to the owners on here, say your dog bit your son/daughter or another would you have it destroyed?
Simple answer to that mate is yes i would.But who the fuck was talking about attack dogs.Come to that you described the two dogs as pitbulls. you sure about that,ive owned staffis & english buls all my life and id be hard pressed to reckognise a pitbull.Lastly for someone who was just minding their own buiseness you aint alf opened a can of worms.Good to talk aint it?
Old 23-04-2006, 10:33 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I used to have to use my foot to peel two cats appart who maul one another regulary, anything with claws fangs and balls can really make a mess of something else.

Amazes me that any dog owner would say that a dog can be 100% docile, I would have thought most sensible dog owners would be aware of just how even the most placid of animals can just turn into a killer.

There's simply no need for dogs that have the capability to kill like Pitt Bulls. We are out of the dark ages and there's hundreds of breeds of dogs to choose from.
Old 23-04-2006, 10:52 AM
afcgordon

Originally Posted by MWF
I used to have to use my foot to peel two cats appart who maul one another regulary, anything with claws fangs and balls can really make a mess of something else.

Amazes me that any dog owner would say that a dog can be 100% docile, I would have thought most sensible dog owners would be aware of just how even the most placid of animals can just turn into a killer.

There's simply no need for dogs that have the capability to kill like Pitt Bulls. We are out of the dark ages and there's hundreds of breeds of dogs to choose from.
So is there any need for cars with over 100hp?
Old 23-04-2006, 10:55 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by afcgordon
Originally Posted by MWF

WTF has that got to do with anything, what a ridiculous argument.
Old 23-04-2006, 10:57 AM
dexterc

Isnt it slightly contradictory to say that all dogs have the potential to be killers, but that Pit Bulls have too much capacity? Seems like a somewhat arbitrary line to draw.
Old 23-04-2006, 11:04 AM
afcgordon

Originally Posted by MWF
Originally Posted by MWF

In what way is it any more ridiculous than your statement.All dogs have capacity to kill, what im saying is it all comes down to owners responsibility. Theres hundreds of makes of cars to choose from.All have the capacity to kill if used wronglly
Old 23-04-2006, 11:39 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MWF
Originally Posted by MWF

In what way is it any more ridiculous than your statement.All dogs have capacity to kill, what im saying is it all comes down to owners responsibility. Theres hundreds of makes of cars to choose from.All have the capacity to kill if used wronglly
WTF

You really think a chuaua with a hard on or a poodle with an angry past is going to drag its owner up the road and eat someones cat?
Old 23-04-2006, 11:45 AM
afcgordon

Originally Posted by MWF
Originally Posted by MWF
Originally Posted by MWF

WTF

You really think a chuaua with a hard on or a poodle with an angry past is going to drag its owner up the road and eat someones cat?

Personally would,nt really class chiauha as a proper dog,as for poodles
wtf do you they were originally bred for. if you know fuckall ,say fuckall
Old 23-04-2006, 11:55 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

wtf do you they were originally bred for.
'Do you they were' what?

As far as I know poodles were used as gun dogs with duck hunters?

Holly shit batman, BRED TO KILL!! Fuck me I'm going to have to keep an eye on all my pet ducks now.

What do you class as a proper dog then, one that makes you look well hard by any chance?
Old 23-04-2006, 12:30 PM
notSteveS2

Originally Posted by american
Originally Posted by notSteveS2

I rite in short hand for convenience and quickness. im fully capable of holdin a conversation and writin properly wen theres a need...
i honestly doubt this.....
instead of stroking your mates cock, use two hands while typing.
i was strokin ur missus mate!

mug... can tell y u came on ere!!!
Old 23-04-2006, 12:38 PM
notSteveS2

This is gettin borin now...
so many ppl have misconceptions of dogs...

like sed... yorkies r the most viscious breed 'Statistically'... shud they be banned???

also ul probab;y find that a dog sniffs anythin its not sure of....

i im sure and have witnessed a dog goin up to a cat purely to sniff the cat and the cat tryin to scratch its eyes out.... shud the dog not defend itself?
Old 23-04-2006, 12:57 PM
afcgordon

Originally Posted by MWF
wtf do you they were originally bred for.
'Do you they were' what?

As far as I know poodles were used as gun dogs with duck hunters?

Holly shit batman, BRED TO KILL!! Fuck me I'm going to have to keep an eye on all my pet ducks now.

What do you class as a proper dog then, one that makes you look well hard by any chance?
The poodle is one of the oldest breeds of dogs, the Standard is the original from which the Miniature and Toy were developed. Poodles with the traditonal shaved rear ends appear on Greek and Roman coins and Roman tombs in the time of Emperor Augustus, around 30 A.D. The first written reference appeared in 1046 in a British parlimentary boadsheet. The poodle was a favorite subject of artists, from the 15th century onwards and probably appears in more works of art than any other dog.

Had guns then did we? They were bred for hunting,which if i remember correcttly involves killing things. As to having a staffi to make me look hard erm no.but its that kind of stupid statement that gives the dog a bad name.proper dog is one the whole family can walk and play safely with.
get back to your ducks bird brain.
Old 23-04-2006, 01:28 PM
K.Goa

http://forum.gotpitbull.com/attachme...114916952.html
Old 23-04-2006, 01:58 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why isn't a labrador a ideal family pet then? Enlighten me?

I have four dogs, 2 labradors and 2 german sheperds, both labradors are soft as anything but they're not stupid and are very well behaved, i would trust my 2 labradors with kids/people no trouble. My 2 german sheperds on the other hand are very aggressive and bad tempered dogs, although they can be well behaved i really wouldn't trust them with kids, because of this they're on the lead at all times.

Oh and a yorkie? well i know someone with one and yes it is a bit snappy and has bitten me before, but obviously due to it's size it's not a major problem, should this be classed as a dangerous dog and require a dog liecense of sort? imho yes as far as i can see all dogs have the instinct to kill.
Old 23-04-2006, 02:00 PM
notSteveS2

so do humans!!!!!!
Old 23-04-2006, 02:11 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Sorted then

We are in agreement.

Pit Bulls are fine, the owners the problem

But we should ban Yorkies, Poodles, humans and cars with more than 100bhp.

Genius.
Old 23-04-2006, 02:13 PM
notSteveS2

my point is... life is life...

stop moanin bout things and get on with it...

biggest issue to us and this earth is US.... Humans!

Old 23-04-2006, 03:48 PM
ste F

Jesus wept!!! i have been reading this four nearly an hour!

right.. in my VERY honest opinion..

i have been attacked by three dogs.. one of which was a staffie, i was only 8. it was a family (noy my family) pet and daft as a brush.. it dragged me round my estate by my throat for twenty minutes until a bloke kicked it off me. however i still love staffies and still stroke that particular one when i see it in the street. The other two were both alsations..one grabbed me by the arm and one by the back of my head the most recent was only a few years ago. however i still love alsations and still stroke tho one who got me by the head.. My mother was grabbed by the throat by an alsation but unfortunately my grandad shot it in the head as it happenened. that dog was her baby and excellently treat. she is terrified of big dogs and now has a shit zhu.

i love all animals. i had a maine coon cat which was as vicious as hell and he used to really hurt other animals in the street.. even battered one of the neighbours bull mastifs.

sometimes animals do these things... shit happens. i still love em all. dont see why this thread has turned into such a row.

feel sorry for the cat. dogs should be put down as OBVIOUSLY they are capable of mauling something to death and this should not happen again and the owner should be severley punished... see simple
Old 23-04-2006, 03:51 PM
notSteveS2

Agreed!

Old 23-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Originally Posted by MWF
So, in other words NO dogs are needed?? because no matter how you try to reason that, ALL dogs have the capability to KILL NOT just Pit Bulls. A Yorkie can kill? sure, small cats. Can they harm people? sure, if they have enough of a bite to break the skin then they can harm. What if a yorkie bit a baby or little one? bit on the hand and breaks the skin, would you still not consider them dangerous around kids? You idea of dogs or certain breeds is surely ignorant. I was bit on my hand by a German Shepard when I was young, my sister was bit on the face by a Collie, So I'm guessing those dogs should also be banned.

Danielle, you wrote your cats were attacked by dogs but you didn't say what kind?

Tony K, I for one don't think Pit bulls should be a guard dog, they don't even have to be, just the mere word "Pit Bull" and people shit themselves and draw false conclusions...kinda like you lol.

What's even funnier is some of the people here making it look like Dogs and Cats were always the best of friends!! FFS wake up, Some Dogs don't like cats no matter what breed the dog is.

James, I would but I prefer people to do their own research. No matter what I show, some won't believe it anyway.

Humans, are the dogs worst enemy Not the other way around.
Old 23-04-2006, 07:00 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Fastmaul
Originally Posted by MWF
So, in other words NO dogs are needed?? because no matter how you try to reason that, ALL dogs have the capability to KILL NOT just Pit Bulls. A Yorkie can kill? sure, small cats. Can they harm people? sure, if they have enough of a bite to break the skin then they can harm. What if a yorkie bit a baby or little one? bit on the hand and breaks the skin, would you still not consider them dangerous around kids? You idea of dogs or certain breeds is surely ignorant. I was bit on my hand by a German Shepard when I was young, my sister was bit on the face by a Collie, So I'm guessing those dogs should also be banned.
Don't be such a muppet.

I mean FFS is it not obvious the different between a Yorkshire Terrier and Pit Bull.

Jesus do I have draw a diagram or something
Old 23-04-2006, 07:13 PM
afcgordon

Originally Posted by MWF
Sorted then

We are in agreement.

Pit poodles are fine, theyorkies the problem

But we should ban humans with more than 100bhp. oh : and ducks

Genius.
See how easy it is to misquote.
Old 23-04-2006, 07:48 PM
nutjob
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

is shocking!!!wulda hit the head off the guy whose dog it was . its idiots like that who give dogs bad name, ya can tell he was a total ass, who probably hasnt brought the dogs up properly so is y they attcked in the first place. its like kids, they have the personality of how they are brought up.

makes ya think people should be checked out by soemthing or someone before being aloowed pets!

my dog got attacked by a 4 stone black lab, and everyone in the area knows it vicious but nobody duz nefin about it!!! they all panic when its out in the street, screaming at the owners to get it in, as theres another dog around and they struggle with it as so heavy!!! shuld be trained aswell as the oweners!! they are only a good as their owners, and the lab's is a totoal jerk!

and there is people sucking in air like this, thats what bugs me the irresponsibillity of it all!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:03 PM
les3002
PassionFord Regular

i have a cat and a staff, they had a few scraps at first but my staff is fine now but should she come any where near the cat it will attack her, thats animals the cat also attacks birds etc should it be shot?? should i not allow children anywhere near it?

also my mother has a jack russell which to be honest is a pain in the arse if i walk the both of them i have to keep him on a lead as he tends to bark at other dogs although my staff is fine with other dogs even the ones on leads who are barking their tits of at her, but which dog do other owners always look funny at? you guessed it the staff, its all so funny when their little shit of a dog is going mad trying to get at my dog but if it was the other way round there would be hell to pay.

the result of media stereotyping, why we are also the only country to ban a certain breed.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:37 PM
biglee
Audio specialist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my family have allways had german sheps ans staffies as we are a rescue home for these particular breeds, all i can say is, ITS NO WONDER DOGS GET AGRESSIVE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE WAY SOME OWNERS TREAT THERE DOGS? like to name just a few things ive seen on rescued dogs, hammer marks in there heads, fag burns all over them even on the dogs peinis, feet crushed, broken jaws, cut noses with stanley blades....my god the list goes on and on.....

im not supprised dogs fight back quite simply becuase they are treated so badly...in some cases

in others...owners are nobbers!

and in the rest....people are brilliant dog and cat and all whatever lovers

i think its a sad day when animals kill other animals.....but they ALL do it! even us!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:32 PM
ste F

erm at this point in the conversation i would like to say i was also attacked by a parrot when trying to stop a budgie from attacking that.

and yes ban people with more than 100bhp.. i might win a race or two then
Old 08-05-2006, 05:13 PM
D19 STE
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Goa
http://forum.gotpitbull.com/attachment-s_09e931b8d02f87dad297f6d0f3549a31-attachmentid_103-d_1114916952.html
First off I would like to say that owner was bang out of order letting his dogs rip that cat to bits

That video link that was posted is spot on mate the people always get the wrong idea about bull breeds.

IF ANYONE did see the crulty cases in the above video the staffie rescue gets those type of badly treated dogs in at times worse

But the ones we can help, they still remain very loving towards us even after what sick bastard has done to them

I have come across alot of dog breeds from what family and friends have had and I wouldnt have any other breed but my Staffie as he is the most loving dog I know

Any dog 'bred for fighting' should not be allowed to be kept full stop!
If this was aimed at bull breeds in gereral then thats just bollocks , if that that aimed at nobheads that get a dog and train it to fight then you are right
Old 08-05-2006, 05:25 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

What the fuck, you lot are a bit slow. even golden retrivers can go mad if not brought up properly. its got nothing to do with the bread. ok some breads are naturally aggressive/ hostile/ protective but that does'nt mean we need a ban. there are hundreds of breads that have all the characteristics above, should we ban all of them.

got a rottweiler and he has the potential to be fatal but he does'nt step out of line coz he knows he cant. if i had'nt trained him and had been hostile towards him as he's growing up he would be a dangerous dog but even now with good training he would fiercely protect family, house but if he got loose i no he would'nt attack anyone but he is still an aggressive dog.

dogs have not been domesticated long enough and even in a few hundred years will still have a wild side. you can never fully domesticate an animal but you can teach it serious dicipline.

if we are to ban pitbulls, we should ban all dogs because with the wrong owner any dog is very dangerous. these kinds of things go on in the wild all the time, why raise eyebrows when we choose to have the wild living with civilisation. (not that i think its ok the dogs attacking the kittie)

people who want to look hard will not go out and buy a lab or golden retriever but a hard ass dog and like the ones which are discriminated against, and therfore making their names worse. people please dont be uneducated when looking at these situations.