General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

BNP and the rising popularity.

Search this Thread

Old 17-04-2006, 05:34 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BNP and the rising popularity.

Taken from bbc...

More 'considering voting for BNP'

The British National Party is led by Nick Griffin
Anger with the main parties has led more people to consider voting for the British National Party, a report for a social policy research group says.
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust said up to 25% of voters said they "might vote" for the far-right party.

The BNP said the report reflected voter "tension" about multi-cultural Britain.

But Home Office minister Andy Burnham said he believed support for the BNP was very localised - and in many cases represented a "protest vote".

The report echoes fears by Employment Minister Margaret Hodge that voters may be tempted by the BNP in May's local elections in England.

Underlying support

The authors asked focus groups about their voting views and looked at a series of opinion polls that asked people which party they might consider voting for.

They feel their voices have not been heard

Professor Peter John
Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust report author

It revealed "underlying support" for the BNP rather than voting intentions, said one of the authors, Professor Peter John of Manchester University.

"This is a very hypothetical question," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"It is not what party you will vote for, but who you might vote for."

Mrs Hodge said many white working-class voters in her east London constituency of Barking said they would consider voting for the party.

Prof John also said the far-right party tended to have more support in predominantly white, working class areas.

East London voters interviewed for the study said they felt "let down" by the main parties.

"They feel their voices have not been heard," he said.

Labour MP Margaret Hodge is worried at BNP gains

However, Home Office minister Andy Burnham dismissed the likelihood of the BNP becoming a stronger electoral force.

"I think the report that has been published ... reflects a growing tendency towards protest voting, particularly at local elections," he said

"But I think things have got to be kept in proportion. There's no way the BNP will get anything close to 25%."

In the 2005 general election, the party raised its total number of votes by 0.5% to gain 0.7% - or 192,850 votes.

It gained support in the 2004 European Parliament elections, increasing its votes by 3.9% to gain 4.9% of the vote, but failed to win a seat.

The BNP has courted controversy over its policies, which include a total ban on immigration, and the forced deportation of illegal immigrants from the UK.

BNP spokesman Phil Edwards said the Rowntree report reflected unease among voters about Britain's shift towards a multicultural society.

He said Britain had moved from a "racially homogeneous society ... into one where the cultures are quite alien."

"That does add quite a lot of tensions and stresses," Mr Edwards said.

"What we are trying to do is preserve the traditional culture and identity of Britain," he added.

'More seats'

The BNP has said it is putting up more candidates than ever before - 356 - for May's local elections.

BNP COUNCIL SEATS
First council seat gained in Millwall, south-east London, in 1993
Won three seats in Burnley, Lancashire, in 2002
By 2004 had 17 seats
Currently has 15 seats, including six in Burnley

Profile: BNP

It currently has 15 councillors across England, and said at its campaign launch on Good Friday that it aimed to add "another 15 or 20" seats.

The Conservative social justice policy spokesman, Iain Duncan Smith, said people were considering voting for the BNP because they mistakenly believed that the party would improve housing and reduce crime.

"I've been horrified and worried by the degree to which people in difficult communities no longer consider Westminster politics to be anything to do with the solutions that they need to have."

'Simplistic solutions'

He said that was why "they start turning to others who have what maybe simplistic solutions".

Liberal Democrat President Simon Hughes said the main parties had only themselves to blame if people were turning away from them.

He said successive Tory and Labour governments had failed to provide enough affordable housing where families wished to live.

Operation Black Vote, a group which campaigns to make politics more multi-racial, agreed that voters in run-down areas felt the government had let them down.

"In these areas, deprivation and poverty exist," Simon Woolley, national co-ordinator for Operation Black Vote, told BBC Radio Five Live.

"Now that's a genuine debate to be had. ... It's nothing to do with black people."

The report, prepared by the Democratic Audit and funded by the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, is due to be published next week.

Well what does the people of Passionford think to this then???
Old 17-04-2006, 05:44 PM
RichardC
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liberal Democrat President Simon Hughes said the main parties had only themselves to blame if people were turning away from them.
Old 17-04-2006, 05:56 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ok then so other then Richard c no one else has an opinion on the countries political situation...

More posts on whether the f40s at donny were real or not....
Old 17-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Simon

To be honest (and im not being rascist) but it is to be expected when there are 1000's pouring into the country getting everything for free of the social,

Then theres the likes of UK firms advertising UK jobs that were once good well paying jobs in poland and paying half the wage to immigrants and the brits end up with fuck all

simon
Old 17-04-2006, 06:09 PM
RONNIE AMIS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it doesn't suprise me that people are turning to the bnp when were getting the piss taken out of us by labour! its been a lomg time coming and we need to get tony blair out!! my dad's been out of work for over a year now because the immigrants will work for fuck all! i've voted bnp for many years now
Old 17-04-2006, 06:09 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

It's a touchy subject as i live near Bradford

But i have to say some of the polices are a load of
Shit and would never work

Every time you see BNP on the news
there’s always some little Chavi b@stard with
a Burberry base ball cap in the background
Could you really see someone like this running
the country

Plus my grandparents are from Poland
So if it wasn’t for them coming to England in the second
World war there would be 1 less
S1 RST being saved
Old 17-04-2006, 06:19 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I do think the reason more people dont vote for them is the stigma attached to the BNP. I havent voted for them in the past but can see myself agreeing with more and more of their policies.

I just wanted to see peoples views on the whole thing...
Old 17-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Simon

Originally Posted by mark s
Sorry Mark it didnt mean it as a dig at Polish people After all they are only trying to earn a crust

My point was the goverment are letting all and sundry in then they get exploited for cheap labour by uk firms which then puts brits out of work which then fucks up our economy causing tension between brits and immigrants

simon
Old 17-04-2006, 06:25 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Simon
Sorry Mark it didnt mean it as a dig at Polish people After all they are only trying to earn a crust

My point was the goverment are letting all and sundry in then they get exploited for cheap labour by uk firms which then puts brits out of work which then fucks up our economy causing tension between brits and immigrants

simon
The arse the government seem to try and make you belive is by hireing the immigrants they are putting more money back into the economy, thing is they dont, they send it all home, then after a few years they piss off back.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:26 PM
s1 2oobhp
PassionFord Regular

id have no probs with them if they work for the same money but they work for f**k all
Old 17-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Erm think u will find, lot come in to do Jobs that UK people dont want to do. Or the other side of the coin is you want everything as cheap as possible so i guess they have to get in people which take less wages to do the job etc. At the end of the day if they dont do it here cheap the jobs will go else where to be done as there plenty of people in the world that will do them!!!!

BNP are complete idoits and anyone who votes for them are not much better aas there main policies are looney.

Ok i agree when people come in and live of the Wealfare state we have. But most of the immigrants that come in work and make our country a much better/richer place to live in.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Simon

Heres a for instance

A company i used to drive for ran 2 artic trucks to france every night from manchester the trucks ran in profit all the time they had good reliable happy workers. Then one day they are all made redundant and the trucks they use now come from east germany to manchester load up then over to france as it costs less that way.

simon
Old 17-04-2006, 06:38 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Company i work for has brought a Polish guy in as it is cheaper than employing a british person.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:38 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rhys have you read the recent policies?

So you dont agree with national service, capitol punishment sentences for terriorists, murderers and pedos, etc. Making britain a place to be proud off again, making all that we have fought for in two wars important again.

Like i said i havnt ever voted for them but with the only choices of a party who cant keep there private lives private or one that is tripping over itself to tax us to death or make living in britain/for britian as difficult as possible then im sorry i will have to choose the one that has the most points i agree with...
Old 17-04-2006, 06:50 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

policies policies policies policies policies policies

This could go on all day and night

It doesnt matter who's in charge of the country
they all fuck it up in the end anyway

Am i right or am i right? (just an opinion)
Old 17-04-2006, 06:54 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Simon

simon
Don't worry mate I'm England till i die

That why i'm a grafter like averyone on here

who'd be a MP anyway
Old 17-04-2006, 06:55 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mark s yup probably in the end
Old 17-04-2006, 06:58 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It doesnt matter who's in charge of the country
they all fuck it up in the end anyway
I'd agree with that! That's why I dont vote. There's no point.

The only party i'd vote for is a techno party!
Old 17-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Simon Day
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

BNP are complete idiots and anyone who votes for them are not much better aas there main policies are looney.
Totally agree Rhys ! - the BNP are fascist nazi's. END OF!

Recent policies............ what a load of shit!!!! there are no fucking policies just statement to attempt to appeal to people using the most sensitive issues such as capital punishment / stopping immigration etc....

NO education policy / NO health policy / NO defence policy - just combat 18, nazi, fascist style ideas.....

I agree that Labour / Tory's / lib dems are loosing the plot but the BNP?????
Old 17-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Anonymous
Banned

shoot them all let God sort it out
Old 17-04-2006, 07:08 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Education:
We are against the 'trendy' teaching methods that have made Britain one of the most poorly educated nations in Europe . These are based upon neo-Marxist egalitarianism, which has done untold damage both to the fabric of our nation and to an entire generation whose average level of attainment is now lower than before the introduction of universal state education.

We reject egalitarianism, and base our plans for the education system on the scientific fact that different individuals are born with different abilities and potentials. All are entitled to the same chance of realizing their own potential, but this cannot be done by forcing them all into a low-grade ‘one-size-fits-all' education system.

Under the present regime Britain is rapidly becoming the worst-educated major nation in Europe . This threatens us with economic decline, a barbaric culture, and a citizenry that cannot think well enough to govern itself. We intend to rebuild the entire British educational system in order that future generations of British children are not lost to illiteracy and selfish ill-discipline.

This has not come about by accident or due to mysterious forces like "permissiveness" or "the 60's." It has been the result of deliberate attempts by the left to abandon the traditional purpose of schools – to educate – in favour of using them as instruments of social levelling and politically-correct indoctrination, combined with the right's economics-obsessed lack of interest in the problem.

We will end the practice of politically correct indoctrination in all its guises and restore discipline in the classroom, give authority back to teachers and put far greater emphasis on training young people in the industrial and technological skills necessary in the modern world. We will abolish student tuition fees – which are a stealth tax upon education, and create apprenticeships in our rebuilt manufacturing industry.

We will also seek to instil in our young people knowledge of and pride in the history, cultures, and heritage of the native peoples of Britain.

Prior to our forming a government, we will fight tooth and nail against the looming catastrophe of forced integration within secondary schools. As a result of the recommendations in the New Labour-sponsored reports into the riots in northern English towns in 2001, a massive programme of social engineering is about to begin. This will involve the demolition of dozens – in due course probably hundreds – of perfectly good schools, and their replacement with brand new premises in which pupils from different ethnic minorities are mixed through bussing schemes which will rightly be resented and resisted by all communities.

We are opposed to this entire scheme on three grounds: The huge sums of money involved would be far better spent upgrading existing schools; it will add to the racial tensions, hatred and violence that various other old party policies have fostered in these areas, and it is based on the destructive and anti-human extermination through integration model of community relations we have already condemned in our section on multi-culturalism.

Key Policies on Primary & Secondary Schooling

1. All staff at teacher training colleges will face compulsory re-evaluation and re-training. The egalitarian and anti-British dogmas that have betrayed a generation will be rooted out and replaced with a commitment to competition, excellence and British culture.

2. We will reopen every closed grammar school, and will allow every community that wants such a school to open one.

3. We will restore all of the old exams that have been abolished, starting with the "A" and "O" Levels, and will reverse the dumbing down of those that have been dumbed down.

4. We will reverse the dumbing down of school curricula and teaching aids, and raise expectations back to the levels of the past.

5. We will replace the study of world history and cultures with a predominant emphasis on the history of the British Isles, English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish culture, and their relation to Western Civilization as a whole. We will prohibit all curricular pandering to the cultures of immigrants.

6. Personal and Social Education (PSE) lessons, which are nothing more than left-liberal indoctrination sessions, will be scrapped. When it comes to decisions about civic matters, children should be taught how to think, rather than what to think.

7. We will systematically eliminate bureaucratic positions in the schools and reallocate their salaries to hiring actual teachers, buying textbooks, and other direct needs.

8. We will eliminate nonsense subjects and reallocate funding and the time of pupils to traditional subjects like reading, writing, and maths.

9. We will inculcate a meritocratic attitude in the education system so that pupils of all class backgrounds can rise as far as their abilities will take them. We will prohibit the promotion of an expectation of failure for working-class pupils.

10. We recognise that the Labour policy of closing special needs schools and forcing their pupils through the mainstream education system is a policy imposed for reasons of egalitarian dogma and short-sighted cost-cutting. It is harmful both to the special needs children who are unable to cope in conventional schools, and to normal children whose education is disrupted or held back by the extra strain imposed on teachers by having to cope with such mixed abilities. We would therefore reverse the closure of special needs schools.

11. We recognise that especially gifted children also have special needs, and would make extra resources available to enable them to reach their outstanding potential.

12. We will end the dumping of anti-social expelled students on other districts. Exclusion policies should be in the hands of head teachers and governors, not bureaucrats.

13. Council education authorities should be abolished and the money swallowed up by their bureaucracies given instead to each individual school. Co-ordination between schools should be organised on a county basis by the head teachers.

14. Competitive sport must be reintroduced and encouraged at all levels of the education system.

15. In order to combat unhealthy eating, including eating disorders and the consumption of over-processed junk food, all schools will be required to provide proper traditional meals, using locally-sourced ingredients wherever possible. This is an ideal use for the less than aesthetically perfect fruit and vegetables produced by organic farmers which supermarkets claim are unsaleable.

16. We will aim to make a good high-school education sufficient for many professions, eliminating the need for expensive university degrees where they are not called for.

17. We will re-introduce assemblies based on traditional Christian values and worship.

Key Policies on University Education

1. We reject the idea that the left is entitled to institutionalised control of higher education and through this means impose its ideas on the rest of the nation. We will require ideological balance on university faculties.

2. We will abolish the Access Regulator and all other politically-correct attempts to undermine university standards in the name of social leveling.

3. On satisfactory completion of their period of National Service, all suitably qualified youngsters will become eligible to receive a university education (just as the less academic will be entitled to proper paid apprenticeships or training and aid in running their own businesses) without fees or debts.

4. We will systematically de-fund nonsense disciplines and will not provide grants or loans for such studies.

5. We will increase funding for areas of value to the nation, like high technology and traditional culture. We believe higher education must serve both our economy and the maintenance of our culture and national identity.

6. We will use bursaries to encourage students to study difficult, unpopular, or long-course subjects that are in the national interest, such as science,maths, technology and medicine.

7. We will fund industrial-incubator laboratories and other means by which university research is made useful to industry.

Health:
As nationalists we are committed to caring for and nurturing all sections of our national community. We also oppose the tendency of the other, non-nationalist, parties to set different sections of the community against each other over problems for which they themselves as politicians are largely responsible. The creation and maintenance of an undercurrent of national solidarity is one of the cornerstones of a true national democracy.
The NHS

We are wholly committed to a free, fully funded National Health Service for all British citizens. Contrary to popular political and ‘right-wing' myth, the British NHS is actually very good value for money – the problem is that we do not put enough money into ‘front-end' staff. The key reason that our health service is in many ways inferior to those of other leading industrial nations is that we spend less on it that they do.

In 2001, for example, we spent 7.6% of GDP on health. The figure in France was 9.5%, in Germany 10.7% and in the ‘privatised' USA a mind-boggling 13.9%. ( www.gao.gov/cghome/hccrisis/img11.html )

It is clear that the American system of privatised health care is extremely wasteful in terms of the cost of fragmented administration and paying for a vast system of private health insurance companies.

The figures above give the lie to the efforts of assorted old party politicians and monetarist ideologues to ‘talk-down' the NHS and push us towards a national switch to private health care. The real reason for such efforts is that such people have already made their minds up to be opposed to the NHS in principle.

This position is also widely spread within both the Labour and Conservative parties. Since they know, however, that open talk of dismantling the NHS would lead to catastrophic election defeat, they dare not advocate it openly. Instead, the plan is to run down the existing health service until it is in such a state that the public themselves demand radical change – at which the privatisation ‘option' will be brought out into the open.

“How hard is it to keep a hospital clean?” Very hard, when the last Tory government replaced ward-based staff cleaners with contract cleaning staff as part of their disastrous ‘marketisation' policy, and the Blair regime continued with the same dangerous system in order to keep down costs.

Once again, however, it is necessary to remind ourselves that the driving force behind such partial privatization and cynical exploitation of problems to impose desired solutions, is not any actual financial need, but the complete commitment of the entire Westminster political Establishment to globalisation in general, and the World Trade Organisation rules in particular. Under these, all signatories (including Britain) agree to ensure a ‘level economic playing field' between different countries by removing all ‘subsidies' on labour in their own countries. Many of the social welfare provisions won for the working class by social democratic parties in the last century – council housing and state-funded healthcare in particular – fall foul of this agreement.

In addition, of course, the giant for-profit corporations which are poised to move into such potentially lucrative ‘markets' have their own ways of persuading previously ‘principled' politicians and media pundits to come round to their way of thinking and start to promote the bogus case for such services.

Our belief is that dealing with sickness is not something that can either morally or economically be done for a profit. As the only serious party in Britain to oppose globalisation, the BNP utterly rejects such chicanery, and gives the British people a real choice by putting the case for a fully-funded NHS, while dealing with the genuine problems that will otherwise give the globalist politicians the opportunity they are looking for to do away with it. We will ensure that Britain has an effective, sustainable and free National Health Service by enacting legislation to ensure that

1. There is an immediate end to the counter-productive ‘culture' of targets in healthcare. All these achieve is to push staff and administrators to cut corners, find ways to fiddle the statistics and to deal with insignificant but easily dealt with health problems while leaving the smaller numbers of the chronically sick to wait for even longer. All health care should revert to being assessed on the grounds of patient need, not bureaucratic targets.

2. Staff numbers are boosted, slashing unnecessary bureaucracy and by addressing the root cause of low recruitment and retention - low pay. There is no shortage of beds in the NHS, only of staff to look after the patients who should be in them.

3. Doctors and nurses are given interest free mortgages from the government to buy houses in areas where their services are needed.

4. The hospital crčches which were done away with under the last Conservative government are re-established, making it much easier for nurses to return to work after taking time off to have children.

5. Experiments are carried out into the opening of ‘term-time' wards, run mainly by staff with school-age children. This would be used to clear backlogs of minor operations.

6. The asset stripping of the doctors and nurses of the developing world ends, and all future British doctors and nurses – except for rare experts required to teach new skills and techniques - are recruited and trained within Britain .

7. Abolish the bursary system for student nurses and pay them a decent wage during their training.

8. More emphasis is placed on healthy living with greater understanding of sickness prevention through physical exercise, a healthier environment and improved diets. All multi-choice school canteens should be closed down as soon as enough catering staff have been trained to return to traditional school meals eaten in properly supervised dining halls. Hospitals should wherever possible buy locally produced food, which will be fresher and healthier as well as supporting local businesses and strengthening the links between hospitals and their communities.

9. Introduce a programme whereby sophisticated new equipment comes automatically with proper training for sufficient operators to make the best use of it. At present it is common for items such as MRI Scanners, often bought thanks to great efforts by League of Friends groups,to lie unused because there are no staff available to them.

10. We extend the ‘polluter pays' principle from environmental damage to the impact of processed foods as well. The link between highly processed products such as white sugar and flour and a wide variety of degenerative diseases is so well proven as to make it entirely reasonable to insist that the producers and vendors of such junk should pay extra tax to help society as a whole cover the cost of the damage that goes hand in hand with their profits.

11. An effective fight against MRSA by the immediate replacement of contract cleaners with ward-based auxiliaries. Also a return to in-hospital laundries for all staff uniforms, which are rarely washed at a sufficiently hot temperature now that staff are forced to take their dirty uniforms home and wash them themselves as part of yet another short-sighted cost-cutting exercise which typifies what happens when health services are run by bureaucrats rather than experienced medical staff.

12. The burden imposed on our NHS by treating imported diseases such as TB and the new wave of heterosexual AIDS is removed forthwith. In addition to refusing to allow their carriers entry into Britain, or deporting those already here, we would also introduce a massive public health awareness campaign on the danger of choosing high-risk groups as sexual partners. This may be Politically Incorrect, but it would save many innocent lives and save huge amounts of money which are needed for other patients.

13. We support wholeheartedly the nursing unions' campaign for Zero Tolerance for violence directed against NHS staff. Such incidents should carry an automatic prison sentence, and the withdrawal of all medical care from the culprits for a period which should vary according to the severity of their attack on NHS staff.

14. Medical research facilities researching the potential for global pandemics of deadly viruses, and ways in which to combat them, must receive immediate and massive increases in funding.

Finally, there clearly is a problem building up in the long-term as a result of new medical technologies making it possible to keep people alive well beyond previously realistic expectations – albeit at huge cost and often with very limited quality of life. To state that this issue needs to be debated and addressed is not to propose euthanasia in any way, but merely to recognise that death is a natural and unavoidable end for us all, and that there comes a point at which fighting it is neither humane nor affordable for society as a whole. This, however, is not a matter for political manifestos or parties, but for a full and informed national debate and decision by referendum.

A fair deal for our pensioners

It is a national disgrace that people who have worked all their lives, paid in to the system and raised families are forced to live on the lowest state pension of any Western European nation except Portugal. There is also a potential danger in that, if unresolved, the growing pensions crisis and the steady ageing of the population could lead to damaging friction between pensioners and people of working age. This would be particularly dangerous if the pensioners are overwhelmingly native Britons and the workers are immigrants with no ties of blood or sentiment to the older generation. The long-term solution to this problem is the recreation of a manufacturing base capable of generating the national wealth required to pay for the social benefits which are a mark of a civilised society and a united nation.

1. We pledge to ensure that all our pensioners receive a minimum Ł10 increase on the current (April 2005) weekly basic of Ł79.60 and to rebuild the national housing stock so as to enable them to live in comfortable, adequately heated homes. A major part of this increase could come from the Ł2–3 billion annual cost of the asylum system.

2. We would also restore the link between pensions and the rise in national earnings – abolished by the last Tory government and not restored under Labour - as the current system whereby annual pension increases linked to the cost of living index has meant that our pensioners' quality of life has fallen further and further behind.

3. We would ensure that no-one has to sell their home to pay for nursing care. This would also remove a source of discontent among those pensioners who have saved during their working life to look after themselves in old age and feel that under the present system “they need not have bothered”. To be forced to sell the family home is yet another disincentive to work hard and save for the future.

In 2004, Ł4.26 billion was spent by Social Services for residential/nursing home provision. However, Ł1.63 billion was recovered from pensioners who had to pay all or part of the charges. Therefore, this is the very maximum amount that it would cost to implement the BNP policy of eliminating the requirement that pensioners are liable to sell their home for residential care. It is expected that those pensioners with adequate private pensions would be expected to make a contribution to residential care or nursing home costs. The extra cost to Social Services that ensuring the continuity of the family home would entail could well come out of the Ł8 billion Britain would save annually by withdrawing from the EU.

4. In implementing the above new deal for pensioners we would eliminate the present means-tested Pensions Credit system. This involves an expensive bureaucracy to implement and is felt to be degrading by many proud elderly people. Means testing also hits medium income people the hardest, as the rich do not need pensions and benefits such as winter fuel allowance – which the BNP would continue.

5. In order to help to alleviate the alleged labour and skills shortage which is used by Establishment politicians as a propaganda excuse for continued mass immigration, we would allow active pensioners to continue working beyond retirement age without paying any income tax on their earnings, while that tax is being phased out.

Once the reduced burden of taxation on ordinary people has been shifted from falling on their income to their expenditure, it will obviously be necessary to compensate pensioners by giving them very substantial increases in their pensions. These will be financed with some of the savings made by not having to operate the massively expensive system required to collect income tax.

Defence:
National Defence

We will restore the county regimental system and also withdraw from the European Union's plans for an European Army. We will invest in creating an integrated defence structure that can respond to all 21st Century threats.

Successive cuts in defence spending have left Britain's armed forces perilously weak. We will boost Britain 's armed forces to ensure that they are able to deal with any emergency, and defend our homeland and our independence.

1. We will bring our troops back from Germany and withdraw from NATO, since recent political developments make both commitments obsolete.

2. We will also withdraw all British troops with immediate effect from Iraq. We will never again involve British troops in any more American 'wars for oil' or neo-con adventures on behalf of the Zionist government of Israel.

3. We will refuse to risk British lives in meddling 'peace-keeping' missions in parts of the world where no British interests are at stake - a position of armed neutrality.

4. We will restore the county regimental system and withdraw from the European Union plans for an European Army.

5. We will invest in creating an integrated defence structure that can respond to all 21st Century threats.

6. If Britain is attacked by rogue states or terrorists then we will respond with appropriate force until the threat is eradicated.

7. The compulsory National Service system discussed elsewhere in this Manifesto would begin at the age of 18 with a period of basic training in the army. This would include full training with the citizens' assault rifle. Conscientious objectors who refuse to undertake military service would be allocated other constructive work for the community, but would not receive the citizen's right to be armed, or the right to vote.

8. Individuals would be free to refuse to undertake any form of National Service, but such a refusal to serve the community for the common good would result in their not being entitled to free places at university, on training courses or self-employment schemes. Whereas some other politicians mouth platitudes about there being “no rights without responsibilities”, we mean it.

Nope cant see any of what you listed in that lot!!!!
Old 17-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Simon

Can you narrow it down a bit Joe i cant be arsed reading all that
Old 17-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Simon Day

sorry I could not read the whole thing! - They are not policies! - that is just a list of medieval statements....

The world has moved on since the fantastic 50's and 60's. We as a nation cannot go back. but have to find a viable way of going forward and the sad thing is there currently no major party capable of doing that. The BNP have no chance of ever getting a seat in parliament - just a few council seats in some of the most deprived areas, these fascist fuckers will then wind up the "white british" people in these areas and blame every thing on "the lefties" and the "immigrants" - this is the cause of the tension. I agree that the government is to blame for this situation. But again the BNP is not the answer - a vote for them is the same as a vote for any neo-nazi party.
Old 17-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Simon Day

BTW - lile I said earlier:-

NO education policy / NO health policy / NO defence policy
Old 17-04-2006, 07:40 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BNP is the politically correct name for the NF for god sake...

Do you have any Black friends? Asian friends? Jew friends?

Do you think for one second if they for some insane reason they where to get in any sort of power, they would differentuate between any racial group? If you aint White then as far as they are concerned your a sub speices...

Sorry... I'm against all the imigrants coming into this country, but at the same time I understand why we need a certain amount, but thats a BIG difference from British Blacks, Jews, Asians etc.
Old 17-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Simon Day

BNP is the politically correct name for the NF for god sake...

Do you have any Black friends? Asian friends? Jew friends?

Do you think for one second if they for some insane reason they where to get in any sort of power, they would differentuate between any racial group? If you aint White then as far as they are concerned your a sub speices...

Sorry... I'm against all the imigrants coming into this country, but at the same time I understand why we need a certain amount, but thats a BIG difference from British Blacks, Jews, Asians etc.

They are just a bunch of racist twats.......... Any comments???
Old 17-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A lot of the stuff in that is actually fairly rational, but without showing how it will be paid for it is all just so much pie in the sky.

And don't be so sure that the BNP won't get into parliament - Oswald Mosely, a former Labour Minister, stood on a similar manifesto in the 30s and he went on to be a nazi mouthpiece before being interned during WW2. Even after the war when all the atrocities had been revealed his wife Lady Diana maintained that Hitler was a "charming" man, though she did concede that she didn't beleive he coud have allowed these events to take place.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

As said if you actually read some of that above (i only skim read it) It doesnt make sense. Reform the Educational system, yeah right never happen where money coming from etc? They state a lot of stuff to appeal to people but its all a load of crap. Dont get taken in by it!!!

And as for not voting well, nothing will ever get done then
Old 17-04-2006, 08:01 PM
morcheen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default pol,itics,who needs it!

it's not the fault of the immagrants.how many people can say they are 100% british/english? whatever that means.labour wants a cheaper workforce,and another thing i think they are hoping for is,a lot of these new arrivals will vote labour,so he is making it both ways.but look at the health service,pensions,who is paying for all the extra load on these? as for the bnp,it's more a protest vote,as most voterrs don't take any notice of any partys manifesto.they are all crooks,out for as much as they can get,i have heard of many a dodgy story involing politicians,that aint got into the media.at least everyone knows what nick griffin is. as for the tories,they took ages to elect a leader,and have chosen another lame duck
i bet all the bnp supporters love a takeaway too,they don't think of that when their sober

just think how bad all our football teams would be without all those'foreigners'
Old 17-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Simon Day

And as for not voting well, nothing will ever get done then
I must admit I am finding it difficult to choose a party to vote for at the moment.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:04 PM
teamfatboy
Frog Tosser

BNP, they say what people dont dare to say, why should i put up with people who have no loyalty to our country and no loyalty to our laws. especially the religious brigade. If you dont like britain go home if they want you
Old 17-04-2006, 08:08 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Anybody caught voting for the BNP should be thrown in the sea.

Also anybody under 30 who's grown up in this country and claims they can't get a job also needs throwing in the sea.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I grew up in Bradford and by the time i moved away (at 19) - i felt like the minority...

It's a sad fact - but i can see that in areas like Bradford, Bolton, Birmingham, Leicester etc. that BNP will receive a number of votes from people who want THEIR culture back...

Everything i do and say feels like i'm treading the 'politically correct' tightrope and that someone, somewhere will take offence.

It's bullshit.

This country needs sorting out.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:09 PM
JamesR
Regular Contributor

Regardless of immigrants coming into Britain I still feel Labour is doing its best to sink this country. How many companys are you aware of that are closing down and moving abroad, As it can make larger profits due to cheaper labour and lower taxes?

The colgate factory next to my work in Salford is closing down and moving abroad in a couple of years for the same reason.

Higher Fuel cost are causing haulage costs to escalate which allows foreign business to be more competitive. Also as commuting costs increase we then have to look to get the diference back in your wage along with higher taxes.

There does not appear to be any help offered by the government to British businesses to remain trading and become successful.

I feel there will be a point where the high taxes, house prices ect will become to much and the immigrants working for next to nothing is not going to help. That will be the breaking point!!

I have not and will not vote labour, but i can see why the BNP is becoming more popular, as it is going to be the "enough is enough" vote. To make voters get noticed.

my 2ps
Old 17-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by MWF
Also anybody under 30 who's grown up in this country and claims they can't get a job also needs throwing in the sea.
Totally 100% agree with you there! Tere are jobs out there just people are to fussy. Fook i started looking for a job to fill me until i start final year at uni in Oct and i got one within 2 weeks of looking. So not hard, just people are too lasy and find it easy to blame other things instead of themselves.

And you dont have to prove you British by voting BNP. Im more patrotic than most but would never vote for them. Agree when people moan about the UK etc etc. Then if its that bad leave simple
Old 17-04-2006, 08:13 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

you cant blame the immigrant personally,they are only trying to build a better life for themselves,anybody would,but we cant keep letting anyone that wants to come to this country unhindered,the numbers have to be controlled.we are a small island and are struggling to provide services as it is.weve all seen the ques on the news of people trying to get a dentist for example.we need to follow the examples of the us and australia in controlling who gets in.even france and holland have quotas for numbers allowed in each year.its not racist,its common sense.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:14 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by JamesR
There does not appear to be any help offered by the government to British businesses to remain trading and become successful.
As someone who runs a business I can tell your there is absolutely massive amounts of help out there for businesses.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Im all for immigration but only the type of immigration thats usful to this country! We should have the points system like they have in OZ!

MWF i thought there was, well i know there is in Wales but couldnt comment on rest of UK.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Simon

Originally Posted by MWF
Yes you can get a job easily enough i'll agree with that BUT if the job doesnt pay enough to cover basic living expenses then nobody will take it or you end up taking that job and another job just to live a reasonable life

simon

Ps love the "throwing in the sea" comment

Quick Reply: BNP and the rising popularity.