General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I was refused entry into a club last night!

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2006, 11:13 AM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was refused entry into a club last night!

Noooooooo, first time ever in my life,Me, Mr chilled who is hardly ever naughty. I was told I couldn't go in (Liquids in Newbury) because I was drunk (what, and the people in there aren't?????)and the doorman suspected I was on something due to my eyes being glazzed over.

I asked to speak to the head Doorman, who said that he recognised me as I'm 29 and I've been going out in that town for 15 years and never got in any trouble, ever. But as one of his doorstaff said no, it's no.

The thing was, I'd only had 3 pints and I've never had any sort of drug ever. I was not a happy boy, but I was still polite so I left all my mates to go in and I went home in a Taxi. Proper pissed off.

Any doormen on here? What do ya recon?

Angry Andy
Old 16-04-2006, 11:15 AM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You pissed up druggie
Old 16-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Mark B
Advanced PassionFord User

been refused a few times mate.... but i think it just goes down to if they want to let you in or not

MB.
Old 16-04-2006, 11:21 AM
John Laverick
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm a doorman......we can't ALWAYS get it right!! Its a VERY difficult job to do....he may have had a load of grief off someone last weekend who looked like you ... who knows??

The Head Doorman should always back up one of his doormans decisions!
Old 16-04-2006, 11:36 AM
infinityMJD
Part of the Furniture

Door supervisor aswell,
Agree totaly, the problem is once he said no it is verry iffy ground, if the door staff back down then it makes them look bad, other guests think them a push over etc so it is allways good practice to stick to a decision, allso the door staff will allways back a decision! doesnt matter if they agree or not it causes alot of bad feeling if your boss undermines your decision, allso makes u look a c**t wich is never good,
personaly i would of gone for a drink elsewhere then come back half hour l8r after a redbull or 2 to perk u up a bit! tell the doorman its what your doing, we are generaly nice guys and prety understanding!!!!
Old 16-04-2006, 11:46 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by John Laverick
I'm a doorman......we can't ALWAYS get it right!! Its a VERY difficult job to do....he may have had a load of grief off someone last weekend who looked like you ... who knows??

The Head Doorman should always back up one of his doormans decisions!
Being in this job can be a pain i had last night about 800 pepole to check id dress code drunk and say yes or no now i take 1 min per person dont think i would be on the front door much longer

we need to say the doorman is right even if wrong
i need my back covered we all make mistakes and we have about 10sec per person so can make a few but at the end of the day it is the inpression the customer give that we see what makes us decided yes on no
Old 16-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Replica
Part of the Furniture

doormen - the job for inteligent people
Old 16-04-2006, 01:18 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Replica
doormen - the job for inteligent people
in my town the bloody are!
Old 16-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

andy you have bever been refused entry to a club before

just learn its part of live and find another place to go, ive been refused LOADS of times,,,,,,,, even banned from one for years and all i done was break up the fight

being banned from the pub that does a lock-in was the worst ive had though,,,,,,,,,, but i did him the new bar manager as he was a cock and most of em left after 3 months,,,,,,,,,, this fucker was there for years and never let me back in,,,,,,,,,,,, racist fooker
Old 16-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Katie

Annoying!!
All credit to you for taking it on the chin though. I bet it's hard to be polite when somebodys accusing you, but none of your friends...of being a pissed up druggie
Old 16-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

its just one of those things, the amount of abuse the door man take they have to make instant disisions yes or no!

been disallowed entry for been to drunk, when ive not even had a drink
Old 16-04-2006, 01:33 PM
TrevCannon
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Re: I was refused entry into a club last night!

Originally Posted by andyescos
I'd only had 3 pints i was drunk, due to my eyes being glazzed over they wouldnt let me in
Old 16-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

lets be fair guys, working on the door is a cunt and also can be dangerous

so on that basis i understand,,,,,,, just its a shame if your a ugley fooker that has a hard as fuck look about ya
Old 16-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I've been a doorman for years & head doorman of alot of big clubs around Brum, IF a doorman does not agree with you coming in then we ALL back that decision - we work as a team & cant afford to have fall out's with other members of the team.

If ever i think any of my team have made a wrong decision i always pull them to the side after the incident or at the end of the night & explain why i think what they done was wrong.

As said above - we all make mistakes it's just one of those things, but you done the right thing in walking away so fair play to you unlike alot of twats that try & play their face & end up getting barred.

Door supervisors arent thuggish anymore (like we had to be years ago) plus i find that 99.9% of the time i can calm a situation down by talking to people with respect just as i'd like to be spoken to but then you always get the odd one who try's to take it too far.

Dont hold any grudges Andy - go back next week & you'll probably find you'll get in no problem.
Old 16-04-2006, 03:04 PM
AndyBrew
Advanced PassionFord User

A doorman in my little village of Oadby was shot this week, in the groin of all places whats the world coming to?
Old 16-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
A doorman in my little village of Oadby was shot this week, in the groin of all places whats the world coming to?
I've seen a couple of my doorman mates shot over the years & one was killed instantly
Old 16-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ
I've seen a couple of my doorman mates shot over the years & one was killed instantly
epping forest country club springs to mind, can think on two occasions being there and doormen being shot
Old 16-04-2006, 03:29 PM
sartain87
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

a doorman down here had hes legs set on fire and now he cant walk again....
Old 16-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got asked to leave liquids in basingstoke one night .. bloody bouncer walked straight into me (wasn't looking where he was going) .. accused me of being drunk and violent to him silly twat ended up on his arse as he walked into me tho all the girls stood there laughed and pointed to him tho so that didn't help only had 3 bottles of vk tho .. bloody sober as anything
Old 16-04-2006, 04:14 PM
droptopRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Lol its a dangourous job also you can get into the close protection buisness.
They have the right to rufuse anyone admission to a club ie say theres 50 gezzers and 3 girls they try and come up with a reason to stop you coming in .
Think about it 50 blokes 3 girls how many fights would happern so they have to try to diffuse a situation before it happerns this is what they are trained for same as you test you do hazard perception same thing really spot a problem before it happerns.
Old 16-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Bouncing Cougar
Virgin

Originally Posted by AJ
I've been a doorman for years & head doorman of alot of big clubs around Brum, IF a doorman does not agree with you coming in then we ALL back that decision - we work as a team & cant afford to have fall out's with other members of the team.

If ever i think any of my team have made a wrong decision i always pull them to the side after the incident or at the end of the night & explain why i think what they done was wrong.

As said above - we all make mistakes it's just one of those things, but you done the right thing in walking away so fair play to you unlike alot of twats that try & play their face & end up getting barred.

Door supervisors arent thuggish anymore (like we had to be years ago) plus i find that 99.9% of the time i can calm a situation down by talking to people with respect just as i'd like to be spoken to but then you always get the odd one who try's to take it too far.

Dont hold any grudges Andy - go back next week & you'll probably find you'll get in no problem.
I couldn't agree more with everything that AJ has said.
I'm a head door woman at a night club in Leeds & as said previously we don't always get it right (including myself) We can have 2000+ come to the door & we have to make an instant decision on if you're dress code is correct, if you're old enough, if you've had too much to drink etc.

I really admire you for walking away & not giving any grief to the door staff like so many arse hole's do !!
Please don't take it personally that they refused you entry as it really just could have been a sake of mistaken identity. As AJ says go back next week & you'll find that you'll more than likely get in with no problems. But if you do please don't remind them that they wouldn't let you in last night or they'll walk you straight back you out again !!
Old 16-04-2006, 07:16 PM
mathewwebber
PassionFord Regular

Thats not like liquid is it mate. they normally let anyone in except when they are having a strangly strict night when you need a pasport or driving license to get in

Ive not had that anywhere in Newbury yet accept Gordons but then I was beyond pissed that night following the staff xmas do - free booze all night
Old 16-04-2006, 07:16 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers all for ya comments, I'm not as cross now. Oh, and the rest of my mates had a great night!

Eagle, Liquids in Basingstoke, now there's a place!
Old 16-04-2006, 07:22 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mathewwebber
Thats not like liquid is it mate. they normally let anyone in except when they are having a strangly strict night when you need a pasport or driving license to get in

Ive not had that anywhere in Newbury yet accept Gordons but then I was beyond pissed that night following the staff xmas do - free booze all night
Hey Dude, I saw you in the Gym the other day, Thought I recognised ya but didn't know where from, wasn't till I saw ya car outside that I remembered where. Personal trainer hey? You got too much money dude! There's some fanny in there aint there?
Old 16-04-2006, 07:29 PM
RA052824
BANNED
BANNED

I was refused entry to liquid in harlow because the doorman didnt like the look of me! What a complete idiot!!!! I ask what his actual reason was and he said there was no reason. At this point i was steaming!!! Not only do i never go to this place because it's really not my type of club (many of you will ask why i was going there in the first place, i was doing so because it was a mates birthday) i'm not a trouble maker - i know from first looks a doorman can't tell what someone is like but i didn't do a thing wrong and wasn't allowed in which ruined my night out! Well, it seperated me from the people i was out with all night so i had to go back to the bar i was in before with a few other mates!
Old 16-04-2006, 07:41 PM
mathewwebber
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by andyescos
Originally Posted by mathewwebber

Hey Dude, I saw you in the Gym the other day, Thought I recognised ya but didn't know where from, wasn't till I saw ya car outside that I remembered where. Personal trainer hey? You got too much money dude! There's some fanny in there aint there?
Ah thought I saw you in there a while back with your mp3 play strapped to your arm i believe.

As for the personal trainer, I wish I had that much money mate It was only getting a personal plan as I needed some direction to help lose the stomach Yeah there is some talent just gotta pick it out through the fatties
Old 16-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep - i'm a doorman myself mate - and i've fucked up before and said no to someone who the head doorman knew as a local copper...

It's an unwritten rule though that if anyone's said no, you back them up.

The good thing is that you were polite and walked away - if you'd kicked off, you'd probably find yourself turned away for the forseeable future!

Go back next week and you'll be fine
Old 16-04-2006, 09:15 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was on a mates Stag do, and after doing the Pubs they decided to hit a club, as they where from a Different town they had no idea this Particular town had a policy of no Drink in Public, so they where carrying bottles from the last Pub, fair play to them they dispossed of them in a bin when they'd finished, but they had been followed by CCTV, we all stood inline to get in the club, I told them to split up into smaller groups as we stood out like a sore thump a group of lads all stood together. I went in with another Lad first and as we where about to pay I heard Shouting outside, looked round and it was the rest of our lot facing off to the bouncers... Oh bollox says I, I had already paid as had the other bloke, now i'm not muscular in anyway shape or form but I have some sort of look about me, that seems to gain a certain respect from people, so i went to the first guy on the door and asked what the problem was, he explained about the drinks policy, and the CCTV had informed the police, who had inturn informed the Door guys not too let em in, I asked if could go outside and speak to the guys on the street, the door guy came out with me. I explained what had happend to my mates and told em that there was fuk all we could do... the head door man came out pulled me to one side told me to take em to another club of the track he'd make sure we'd get in as he'd radio ahead to the guys on that door.

Problem solved, even got my money back

Could have ended up real messy, but I tend to find a bit of respect both ways goes a long way
Old 16-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by droptopRST
Lol its a dangourous job also you can get into the close protection buisness.
I presume we're talking about chaperoneing rich people/popstars rather than proper close pretection involving tactical evasion driving and proper threat assessment and management. As I don't see how being a door man qualifies you for the latter.

On a seperate note I was refused entry to my local club because I'd "had a few too many", despite the fact I was 100% sober and was driving my mates around that night!!!!
Old 16-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not the smallest bloke - i'm 6ft 4, 20 stone, ex yorkshire rugby player and did a spell with the TA which included P Company for those in the know

BUT - having worked the door for nearly 2 years - i can count on just both hands the times i've had to get 'down and dirty' with people before the police have so lovingly 'removed them from my premises'.

Talking is the best way. 9 times out of 10 i can get someone to leave the premises and they shake my hand on the way out.

I see that as a result. No-one gets arrested, no-one ends up in casualty and more importantly i get a kebab and a beer at the end of the night
Old 17-04-2006, 12:48 AM
ozcos
Regular Contributor

Went out a few years ago on a stag night, I was the bus driver and bank holder so stone sober ended up at a club where two of our party were refused entry. After I spoke to the head doorman He had good reason and couldn't of been politer. Top guy
He did spend the rest of the night looking very worried though as there was another group of about 20 already in his club on another night out and we all new each other.
Must say it was a great night out because we did all know each other and no trouble.
Top staff
Old 17-04-2006, 08:36 AM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fil
Originally Posted by AJ
epping forest country club springs to mind, can think on two occasions being there and doormen being shot
The least said about epping country club the better i think.....