General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Where do i stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 15-04-2006, 12:01 PM
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do i stand ?

I sold an old fiesta about 6 months ago (mot failure) to some guy who picked it up on a trailer he said he was going to use some parts but didnt need the car so i ticked the logbook as scrap and sent it off.

6 months later i got a letter saying the car is in an impound and has been found burnt out they want to charge me £285 for keeping it !

i said im not paying it becuase the car was scrapped 6 months ago but i can see a court case ! whos right ? do i have to pay ?
Old 15-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

You should have had a letter confirming that the vehicle is now registered as scrap(or something along thouse lines).

If not that means it's still in the DVLA's in tray and your in the wrong in there eyes

The DVLA are proper wankers you know, sent my licence off once to change my address and it came back with out my HGV or Motorbike on it.

If i hadn't been in the army and had all my licences on their records, i'd of had to do it all again

Hope you get it sorted mate
Old 15-04-2006, 12:09 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i wouldnt no mate
Old 15-04-2006, 12:15 PM
joel_winders

Originally Posted by Bodge22
You should have had a letter confirming that the vehicle is now registered as scrap(or something along thouse lines).

If not that means it's still in the DVLA's in tray and your in the wrong in there eyes

The DVLA are proper wankers you know, sent my licence off once to change my address and it came back with out my HGV or Motorbike on it.

If i hadn't been in the army and had all my licences on their records, i'd of had to do it all again

yer i did get a letter back but i bined it becuase its one of those things you dont keep ! i was not the registered keeper when they recovered it so its not up to me to pay surely ?
Old 15-04-2006, 12:15 PM
big-dirty-dog

i got caught out like this,didnt sign the log book over,it got clamped for no tax,the new owner busted the clamp off,it got reclamped he smashed it to pieces with a sledge hammer and it towed away,,i was contacted in the mean time saying about charges etc...i said i didnt own the car they asked who did own the car i said i didnt know(he wasnt the type of bloke to be upsetting-if your on his good side nice as pie but anything else would hurt )ended up getting £125 fine for not doing log book details etc....£125 hurt but not as much as broken bones....lession lernt...
Old 15-04-2006, 12:17 PM
joel_winders

oh yer the woman on the phone from the recovery people said that i was the last registered keeper from the dvla...not that i was the registered owner
Old 15-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

Originally Posted by joel_winders
Originally Posted by Bodge22

yer i did get a letter back but i bined it becuase its one of those things you dont keep ! i was not the registered keeper when they recovered it so its not up to me to pay surely ?
Well if you had a letter i don't really see how they can take any money off you at all mate, i'd fight it all the way mate