General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FREE BROADBAND

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
TurboTuffy
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE BROADBAND

any body going for the free broadband offer

from Talk Talk , take out their phone service and get up to

8 meg free broadband.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:27 PM
teamfatboy
Frog Tosser

better to wait for a few and see how the others react
Old 12-04-2006, 07:01 PM
AdsCapri2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

if you read into it it aint that great u have to buy an 18month contract and wait 2 months and only limited download possibility
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdsCapri2
if you read into it it aint that great u have to buy an 18month contract and wait 2 months and only limited download possibility
Utter bollocks its an awesome deal..

I dont even work for cpw anymore and I'll be having mine...

40gb download a month is the limit

Old 13-04-2006, 05:04 PM
AdsCapri2

It costs £29 to set up and u wont be connected for 2 months so aint free
Old 13-04-2006, 05:07 PM
mark_24v_wiring
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

40 gig is that all
Old 13-04-2006, 05:13 PM
gearboxman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I've got it already
Laptop+wireless network thingy+point it at library from bedroom=instant free broadband
Old 13-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

40gb no good if u got a few pc's connected.
Old 13-04-2006, 05:39 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

The offer is tempting, but be careful signing up.

CPW and BT are having a major bust up at the moment over the business to business interfaces that enable CPW to place orders on BT automatically.

BT have delayed the launch of their computer systems and CPW are threatening to sue BT as a result.

Bottom line is, CPW are heavily dependent on BT providing the facilities in a tiimely and quality fashion, they are new to the game and have a lot to learn too.

You've heard all the Bulldog stories before, if you think it was all their fault, you're wrong...
CPW have a mountain to climb and I for one won't be signing up just yet !

PS: I work in the telcoms industry and suprisingly enough am involved in the discussions between ISPs, BT and Ofcom, so this is reliable information
Old 16-04-2006, 02:47 PM
AdsCapri2

my dad runs tiscali broadband in this country and is currently working to pick out all the flaws in talk talks plan after all competitions important
Old 16-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

my dad runs tiscali broadband in this country and is currently working to pick out all the flaws in talk talks plan after all competitions important
Ask him why i cant get upgraded from 1mb to 2mb at home then.

Tiscali are taking the piss saying the local exchange isnt capable of 2mb and then my uncle who works for BT in that very same exchange says theres already 2mb in the exchange and had been for years!
Old 16-04-2006, 04:00 PM
AdsCapri2

not sure old mans in germany right now gets back tommorrow ill ask about it for ya. If i get it for ya can you upgrade me to gold member? lol only joking
Old 16-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester

Tiscali are taking the piss saying the local exchange isnt capable of 2mb and then my uncle who works for BT in that very same exchange says theres already 2mb in the exchange and had been for years!

i too have many unresolved issues with tiscali

when i first signed with them, over a year ago now,...it took 3 months for them to sort it out, even though they were happy to take my money,...and still havent refunded it,...

then in january of this year,...some woman tells me for an extra £11 a month, i can have free phone calls in the uk anywhere, anytime, and my bb would be upgraded to 4 meg....so i say yes, sign an agreement that i get through post a few days later, and am now paying the extra money,...and still dont have the service im paying for,....
i recieved a letter saying my upgraded account was now active, so i phone everyone i know to tell them of the number change, then get a bill for £38.67 for all the phone calls i made,.....

so i phone their fooking indian "help" line, and they say its a mix up somehwere, and the account isnt active,....

its now april, it still aint acctive, but they re still taking the twating money off me for it,....
Old 16-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There ain't nothing in this life for free and if you think that free Broadband will come without catches, then more fool you!!!
Old 16-04-2006, 10:52 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester

Andy, don't forget there are two parties involved, Tiscali and BT.
Do you trust BT to be 100% honest with Tiscali when they are taking business away from them, maybe BT haven't told Tiscali about the upgrade in the exchange yet.

Happened to me years ago when I wanted broadband, every ISP said "not possible", but BT said it was, luckily, I happened to know "inside people" at a particular ISP who were able to investigate and get me broadband

BT's CEO once said BT was a business and not a charity... Blaming Tiscali may well be a case of shooting the messenger here.

A lot of current Broadband "problems" are as much BT's fault as any of the ISP's, the ISPs are however fronting the blame since they can't just blame BT when you are on the phone.

PS: I am not saying that Tiscali aren't wrong either
Old 17-04-2006, 12:02 AM
petejk

free broadband from talktalk relies on LLU, or local loop unbundling.
if your exchange is one of the 70% that talktalk have their kit in then you get BB for 20.99 (11quid of which is line rental which you pay anyway). If your exchange is BT then costs an extra tenner.

Free calls 24/7 (up to 70mins in length) to any number beginning 01 or 02 (geographic), and free calls to 28 other countries inc free calls to mobiles in USA and Canada.

May be an 18 month contract, but most (decent) mobile contracts are 18 moths now - and as for the 29.99 fee - if you go into a carphone store to sign up (especially mine) we'll discount 20quid off that.

The price is guaranteed for the life of the contract
Old 17-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Jayen4
PassionFord Regular

If that's true,ask him when Tiscali are going to ditch the bloody useless call centres in India !! They are totally crap !!! Get some call centres in the u.k.
Old 17-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

I don't know what this fad is of following utility companies about for the best deals

Just stick with who you're with, if someone else offers a fantastic deal, your company will reduce their prices as not to loose potential new customers, and to stop them loosing long term customers (as often new blinding deals are only available to new customers)

I'm with NTL on broadband, BT with the phone, and Sky for TV. It works out £60 P/A extra than if i went with someone who offers all 3!

I'm glad to pay that, becuase i think BT have the best phone service, NTL the best internet service, and sky the best TV service.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:44 AM
AdsCapri2

when my dad gets back im gonna get him to reply to this post

cheers