General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TOTB Qualifying clarification

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TOTB Qualifying clarification

Just to clear some things up because as usual, the RS Team organisers are getting a battering .

The reason why the Cossie qualifying did not happen, is because we were waiting for the top contenders to finish their cars in time for this event. However, as the weeks went by and the parts did not turn up each time as promised, I realised that a few weeks before the event, this just wasn't going to happen, as the tp cars were STILL not going to be ready for even the event, let alone the qualifying.

This meant that a team had to be quickly hand-picked for the event. Even this proved problematical, as several of the cars that said they were going to be up for it, even they weren't finished in time / had problems day before event. They were NOT replaced, as the TOTB organisers could not accomodate changes at the eleventh hour and also specifically asked if we would not do so, as the number of cars in total at the event were already in excess of their original remit (which won't affect us for next year, so don't worry ).
Old 02-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not having a pop mike, just taking the pish
Old 02-08-2004, 09:03 AM
wimwerf
PassionFord Post Troll

next time better.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:11 AM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mike

i dont care abotu totb as per my other posts

but why not organise qualifying for next years events NOW

set a date book a venue

if the nutters who like to break boxes and eat tyres want to attend they will attempt to have there vehicle ready

wouldnt it make your life much easier ?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:16 AM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike

just a few things , not having ago at you i know it's hard to oragnise this event with so many high powered cossie but you should have done a qualifiers too back up drop out cars...

your words were a min of 400bhp, t34 with nos now on this i will agree with you as it best to field the higher powered cossie's but when you haven't got 10 cossie's whats the point .....

i had a car there doing nothing ok it's only appoxy 400bhp and it doesn't meet your standards of power which is fair enough...

but i could have used it ,if you would of had reserve team and i'm not saying it would have made any difference to the cause, but atleast it could have been out there having ago...

It was like last yr... i qualifyed and cam 9th out of 12 cars which most were 500+ bhp and mine was the only snail there

i had no feed back on what was happing so i assumed i wasn't in the team and left it at that

if your doing it next yr do a qualifing shoot out and don't just rely on the big boys to turn up atleast then you can field 10 cars thats all im saying

and i think that most will agree with me .. with the 10 team

Cheers marco
Old 02-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marco polo
Mike

just a few things , not having ago at you i know it's hard to oragnise this event with so many high powered cossie but you should have done a qualifiers too back up drop out cars...

your words were a min of 400bhp, t34 with nos now on this i will agree with you as it best to field the higher powered cossie's but when you haven't got 10 cossie's whats the point .....

i had a car there doing nothing ok it's only appoxy 400bhp and it doesn't meet your standards of power which is fair enough...

but i could have used it ,if you would of had reserve team and i'm not saying it would have made any difference to the cause, but atleast it could have been out there having ago...

It was like last yr... i qualifyed and cam 9th out of 12 cars which most were 500+ bhp and mine was the only snail there

i had no feed back on what was happing so i assumed i wasn't in the team and left it at that

if your doing it next yr do a qualifing shoot out and don't just rely on the big boys to turn up atleast then you can field 10 cars thats all im saying

and i think that most will agree with me .. with the 10 team

Cheers marco
agree totally

Cheers

Daniel
Old 02-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Which part of my second paragraph did you two (Daniel and Marco ) not understand ? I will reiterate for you "hard of reading" people . And I quote from my above post "the TOTB organisers could not accomodate changes at the eleventh hour and also specifically asked if we would not do so, as the number of cars in total at the event were already in excess of their original remit.

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Phil
Jeebus

What I would do Mike, is set a date next year for qualifying at Brunters (if Redline or PF will help) and then set a date 2 weeks later as the final decision date. This will then give people who can't make the qualifying NO excuse not to have got themselves to Santa Pod/York Dragway/Crail etc and proven some times also.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:45 AM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

ok thats fair enough but you have known for along time that alot of the big power cars was even ready or broken never mind the 11 hour bollox .. like i said you should have done fooking qualifirs way before to back up the big boys

all i am saying is bare it in mind next yr
Old 02-08-2004, 10:46 AM
FasterFords
Advanced PassionFord User

Don't think thats what marco was talking about
Old 02-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Phil,
As you probably know, that is the way I normally do it, but I was desperately trying to include the likes of Rod, Sean B, Steve Scott, Paul from PJ and Kev Sharp in the team, as you know they would have been very quick (well if Shonky had let someone else do the driving ).
Old 02-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Yes Mike, just got a bit unlucky really. I know we said this last year, but hopefully next year we will have more cars to choose from

The only problem is, I can see them all going off and doing Gumball a few weeks before the event and breaking everything!
Old 02-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Marco,
Actually I had been talking behind the scenes to the owners of all the big power cars and they were ALL hopeful of attending at the last minute. It wasn't until a few weeks before, which was well after the final due date set by the TOTB peeps for everyone else (which was extended as a personal favour to the Cossie team ), that I was told for sure that certain people would not be able to attend and so I had to pick the best of the rest.

However, even then certain people let me down by not sending their money in on time (or at all ) and either were excluded because of this, or scraped in by the skin of their teeth.

I'm not going to name and shame, but we SHOULD have had more than the amount of cars that were there .
Old 02-08-2004, 01:36 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you are gonna do a qualifiyng then you're gonna be trying to organise 2 events.
F**K the qualifying and let peple go off on their own backs to pod/ crail york etc, with tickets or witnesses.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:09 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cossymad
If you are gonna do a qualifiyng then you're gonna be trying to organise 2 events.
F**K the qualifying and let peple go off on their own backs to pod/ crail york etc, with tickets or witnesses.
That makes a lot of sense - even if there were slight variations in what times people said they can do, and what actually happens. It's not a big deal as we are far from having to beat possible cossie entrants off with a shitty stick now aren't we?
Old 02-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Next year WILL be different, there are some VERY special Cossies that failed to be finished in time, because custom parts took over a month longer than expected to be made.

My prediction is that a Cossie will feature in the top 5 (or higher) in each category and event (with the exception of fwd ). You heard it here first .
Old 02-08-2004, 02:19 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Did n't you say that last year after a similar turn out
In a year half of the cars will be dead or being modified, I mean has anybody really ever finished their car's???? I know I constantly change, spec, power, set up according to budget, and 'what comes up' as does many other owner on here, as modifying is what they enjoy!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

If the Skyline, Evo, Scooby and Supra boys can properly prepare for this event, then so can we - he says crossing fingers etc .
Old 02-08-2004, 02:32 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Perhaps you should swallow you pride and ask for help then michael
Old 02-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Chris,
How can I help other people finish their cars etc and that is all it boils down to ?
Old 02-08-2004, 02:58 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Give them back their gearboxes
Old 02-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I'm sorry, the person you are trying to contact is unavailable - please try later.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This sounds to me , one of those IF YOUR FACE FITS YOUR IN , deals ,
Why not let anyone who wants to turn up have a go ,,, its better to have loads of cossies there that arnt 500+ bhp than none at all ... Marco"s car is no slow car and as he says he just sat there all day ,, The so called BIG BOYS either didnt pay or never bothered to turn up anyway ,,,
Old 02-08-2004, 03:05 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I guess the trouble with that is, you can't. The deadline should be 2 weeks before and no exceptions.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Paul,
Read some of my other posts and you will see why this was not done like this this year (although it was last year) .
Old 02-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

I said this all day long yesterday, same goes for the rst team aswell.
For all you know some of the other big boys ie skylines, maestro lol, supras, scoobys etc could of had problems (which they didnt and properbly never will ), therefore giving us more of a chance.
Afterall its not all about tip speed is it, marco would of proberbly done very well in the handling.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Benn,
You can fuck off and learn to read as well , my big teedy-bear-like lover boy .
Old 02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Benn,
You can fuck off and learn to read as well , my big teedy-bear-like lover boy .

we are just trying to get you to see the light you blonde 80s throw back poof
Old 02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Why not let anyone who wants to turn up have a go ,,, its better to have loads of cossies there that arnt 500+ bhp than none at all ... Marco"s car is no slow car and as he says he just sat there all day ,, The so called BIG BOYS either didnt pay or never bothered to turn up anyway ,,,
To be fair here Paul, that question to me begs another question immidiately...

Whos paying for Datron to time 199 cosworths from 204 to 750bhp at Brunters for 76.5hrs!??!

Old 02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mike
I suppose there is no 100% way of sorting a day like this that pleases everyone ,
I was just disapointed to see so little cossies,when there are a lot around that could have been there and had a good go , OTHER THAN THE SO CALLED BIG BOYS ,
Old 02-08-2004, 03:27 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am a big boy.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Paul,
The reason why the poor showing this year (apart from the top cars not being ready in time), was due to the organisers asking me not to field any replacements for drop-outs - due to the amount of cars already involved this year.

If you saw last year, I ensured that we had a full compliment of ten (even calling on the likes of the lesser powered cars to replace any last minute drop outs), but due to the above request, I did not do that this year.

Chris,
Why did your wife say you had something that looked like a penis but smaller then? .
Old 02-08-2004, 03:40 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
To be fair here Paul, that question to me begs another question immidiately...

Whos paying for Datron to time 199 cosworths from 204 to 750bhp at Brunters for 76.5hrs!??!

Stu

what i mean is no one has to pay for nothing.... all they would have to do is go to any event where theres a strip pod/york/avon park just a few do a few runs then relay the times or the slips back to mike , mike or redline who ever,don't have be there....just a thought
Old 02-08-2004, 03:44 PM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chris,
Why did your wife say you had something that looked like a penis but smaller then? .
She assumed I owned you hence why she thought I had something that looked like a penis only smaller, she was refferring to you.

Why don't we have a 0-60 at TOTB4? I 'm sure most fords could strech to a few hundred yards without breaking, and there are some quickies out there
Old 02-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Marco,
And how do you propose they get a verified top speed? .

Chris,
0-60 is for Nova drivers .
Old 02-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

but if everyone else had to many cars its not your fault is it mike??? i think the organisers need to be a little bit more sterner on the cars allowed to attend ... but then there is no way im ever gonna be there as my shed is to slow
Old 02-08-2004, 04:04 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Mike

oh shite yes... i forgot about that LOL..
Old 03-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Benn 304R
I said this all day long yesterday, same goes for the rst team aswell.
Benn the organisers for the rst team had their heads up there fecking arseholes mate, picking themselfs over faster provern cars....then pulling out cause they hadn't finished their car, as most of the rst's on here thought fuck ya....which i think is well within there rights LOL...

Mike regarding TOTB III and qual and entry for this years event and it being full....

Was it full when YOU put the min spec up ?

I know its hard work, but as many people on here we are all disapointed in the both the ford teams that were available - as in number of cars to watch, not the people that had tried to get there and people that actually got there, just the lack of them..
Old 03-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Marco,
And how do you propose they get a verified top speed? .
Same as me.....GPS i have pulled 167 on the GPS so far
Old 03-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Steve,
How many more times do I have to tell you why the numbers were down?

Quick Reply: TOTB Qualifying clarification