General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Paypal Rant!

Search this Thread

Old 29-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paypal Rant!

Paypal susspended my account for a week because i've had about £8k go through there in the past month. Then had the cheek to send me a survey on how i was treated!

So i told them what i though:

They asked 'What do you think of Paypals service overall?'. I replied:

They could actually get off their arse and bother sending verification amounts to the banks in the 2 weeks they say they will. Three of my friends whom i recommended have been waiting 3 months for the '2 small amounts' to be deposited into their bank to become verified.

I look and feel like a total idiot infront of them, and now i wish i had never recommended Paypal to them as it would have saved me the embarassment of them having to ask me all the time what the hell is going on with Paypal.

Like i said before, i only use you because there is no other option. If you want my (and my friends) real opinion summed up in one sentance it wouldhave to be:

'Paypal is bad because; It has exorbitant charges, never pays things into the bank on time, Thinks everyone is using it to money launder, thus suspends accounts, is an over paranoid, over funded, lazy customer service operation.' You'd do good to give a bit of money to charity aswell, After all, you are worth £400 BILLION & rising.

The amount of money that i have put through my Paypal account (Must be well over £8000 now) and i haven't even had so much as a phone call, or letter through the post to see how i am doing and if i need any assistance.

All paypal appears to be concearned about is the MONEY!!!! Money grabbing, selfish, lazy self centred, liars!

Hope this helps your little campaign to rope new customers in. I certainly won't be recommending you to anyone else in the future, no sir lol, i'm fed up to made to look an idiot infront of my friends and clients!
Then they asked me 'How many times did you interact with customer services with regards to the suspension?'. I must add that they diddn't have a ZERO option i replied with 1 (as i had no option) & the note:

Diddn't even hear from him/her, so i don't see the point of this question?!

All they had to do was pick up the phone and have the decency to inform me they would actually be suspending my account. But i take it that costs money to call your customers, and as E-mail is free, you take that option.

**MY ANSWER TO THE NEXT SECTION 'HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU INTERACT WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT' DOES NOT HAVE A *ZERO* OPTION, ZERO (0) IS MY SELECTION, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO SELECT (1) TO CONTINUE!

My god, even a chimp would know to put a ZERO option there.....You lot are far to confident in yourselves, I have NEVER been contacted by paypal personally, neither by E-mail/telephone or post.
Am i the only one who is not satisfied with their service? Anyone on here had their account suspended?

Old 29-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Arfur
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Yep, indefinitely!

Just because I wouldn't answer their stupid and incriminating questionnaire.
Old 29-03-2006, 07:30 AM
andy_st200
PassionFord Post Troll

yep their crap i agree and if their was another option i would gladly use it instead
Old 29-03-2006, 07:32 AM
rob.c
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

This has just happend to me trying buy shit loads for the festa and astra but cant pay for the fecking things cause they stopped my account. Niw im haveing the send about 13 cheques all over the uk pain in the arse imo
Old 29-03-2006, 09:22 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I expect mine will be soon because I've done over the 4 grand limit before you trip the Money Laundering alarm.

And I too wouldnt comply with all their 'rules' about signing up an open direct debit mandate on my business account, so I've just opened another PayPal account linked to a different bank account with a different card on it.

Snowy... with all that money going through your account and a user name of 'Snowy' are you sure its just car parts you is selling bruvva ?

Old 29-03-2006, 10:55 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Too fookin true, i've been waiting ages for the "2 small amounts"
Old 29-03-2006, 11:13 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

hate paypal with a passion - as you say they are quick enough to take your money but thats all they do - no backup service at all

they dont guarantee anything at all - you have to take a gamble that the sender is legit because if it turns out to be a stolen account sending you money then you lose the cash - if its in your bank account OR paypal account
Old 29-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

cock jockeys
Old 29-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Dan B

Paypal were featured on Watchdog last night, quite a lot of complaints within the last few months...

One of the top-dogs was interviewed, aswell, and he seemed to be palming each case off with small excuses as to why they weren't being compensated for losing loads of money thanks to Paypal.

I guess I'm glad I never bothered signing up for a Paypal account, because I've always said I wouldn't trust them at all...
Old 29-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Snowy_Astra

Originally Posted by neilm
I expect mine will be soon because I've done over the 4 grand limit before you trip the Money Laundering alarm.

And I too wouldnt comply with all their 'rules' about signing up an open direct debit mandate on my business account, so I've just opened another PayPal account linked to a different bank account with a different card on it.

Snowy... with all that money going through your account and a user name of 'Snowy' are you sure its just car parts you is selling bruvva ?

lol Yeah i'm sure I bet people do use it for that though
Old 29-03-2006, 11:40 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

I no longer have paypal as I had a negative balance of about £70 about 18 months ago. I left it for ages as I was unemployed at the time and dead skint. When I wanted to sort it when I got working again I just couldn't work out what to do and have had no paypal since. To this day I still want to sort it.

Worst thing is, when I try to pay eBay fees it won't accept my card as it was registered to my bad paypal account. So I have to fook about using other people's cards.

Anyone know how I could get it sorted?
Old 29-03-2006, 11:41 AM
skinnyman9000
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I have become increasingly frustrated with paypal recently too, they charge too much for their rather crap service imo