General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Escos + tree @ 60, oops

Search this Thread

Old 18-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Azrael
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damo V
IMO the shell isnt fixable, not ideally anyway...

In this pic you can see it loooks like the door sill is buckled...!!

I would suggest its ben quite a bit offroad and possibly has more underside damage than above.. judging by the missing bodykit , lumps of mud etc..

I can't tell really anything from pics alone. I don't think it would be qorth to fix it in UK. Expensive labour but over here I've seen far worse cars that came back on road. Well actually mine must have been far worse, shame it wasn't fixed properly in the begining...
Old 18-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well, lets put it this way, if the insurance co took the car away I guarantee they WOULD NOT repair it, therefore its not repairable (economically speaking) ..
Old 18-03-2006, 12:01 PM
cossiedollybird

To anyone who is seriously interested in buying it, then please PM me with an offer. It needs to be recovered from where it is very soon.

The shell is buggered, the mud is from dragging it across the road where it ended up. The impact transmitted all the force along the car bending the floorpan out of shape. The sills are bent on both sides, the transmission tunnel is bent, and the floorpan is pushed up into the driver and passenger footwells.

The roof is bent at the back on both sides, photos don't do it justice.

The engine seems to be undamaged, the exhaust is fine, the rad is split, one wheel has a small dent, the rear bumper is cosmetic, one disc is broken due to a track control arm poking through it.

I sent the pictures off to BlueSprint Motorsport who said the shell is well and truely broken, however, there is a lot to be salvaged.

It's only just had a new GrpA fuel pump, and new cylinder head fitted. It's got GrpA engine mounts, full 3" exhaust, new GrpA wiring loom, Coil pack, usual shiny bits etc... I put a lot of work into it, so if someone wants it then please let me know ASAP with a sensible offer.
Old 18-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah so its a for sale post..............

goodbye
Old 18-03-2006, 12:16 PM
cossiedollybird

goodbye
All I wanted was peoples opinions, and I've got them, a lot of people say reshell, I can't afford to do that, having spoken to a few other people and seen comments here, it seems like one of my best options is to get rid of it and start again, so in relation to what you said, it didn't start out as a for sale post, but I'm not so stupid as to not be open to that suggestion. That is why I said if anyone is interested to PM me and not post it directly in here.

I loved my car, and I'll be sad to see it go, but if someone else wants to buy it and reshell it, the it will live on, and that is at least something.

I've read the rules about selling things, and would if I'd intended to sell it straight off, have asked for someone else who is a Gold Member to advertise it for me. I may still do that if it would make people feel better. Just let me know.
Old 18-03-2006, 12:20 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

goodbye

just what i was gonna say... opinions my arse, you just want to sell it on here!
Old 18-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've read the rules about selling things, and would if I'd intended to sell it straight off, have asked for someone else who is a Gold Member to advertise it for me. I may still do that if it would make people feel better. Just let me know.

I aint bothered either way, matye, but you obviously havent read the rules otherwise you would know you cant do that either
Old 18-03-2006, 12:50 PM
cossiedollybird

Then I appologise to anyone who is offended, but I thought that Gold Members could advertise things on here. If not, then who is allowed to sell anything, its just I've seen sections of things for sale, and it says only Gold Members can post, go figure!!!

Anyway, again, my appologies to anyone who is offended. I've had peoples advice, and I thank you all for that.
Old 18-03-2006, 12:52 PM
MATCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: Escos + tree @ 60, oops

Originally Posted by AndyRST
Originally Posted by cossiedollybird
I had a little bit of a problem with a tight corner, a loose bit of plastic under the dash, and no way to get onto the brakes.
Sorry to hear about the Crash

BUT

Am i reading that right that ou crashed BECAUSE of a loose bit of plastic trim that got under the brake pedal and prevented you from stopping?

If you do decide to claim on your insurance (and yes you really should because thats why you insure a expensive car like this, to recover your money should anything happen to it) you had better remove the reason for the crash and the pictures that include your number plate incase the insurance try to throw your claim out for driving an un-road worthy car.

IMO it would be so easy for the insurance company to blame a bodged speaker upgrade or dash install as the cause of the crash and find a way of wriggling out of paying up because the work wasnt carried correctly.

Thats if an insurance company hasnt already spotted those pictures already
No offence mate but what are you talking about
If you worked for an insurance company you would know that they dont try to repudiate every claim that comes in-most are dealt with fairly and just becasue a bit of plastic fell down does not mean the car is unroadworthy-we arent talking about some old knacker here-this is a 10-15 grand car that has obviously been cherished and they will treat it as such.
In my opinion there is no harm whatsoever in posting these pics
Not every insurance company is out to screw you of every penny you have you know
This is all irrelevant now as it isn't being claimed for anyway
Old 18-03-2006, 12:54 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Bad luck mate, you should get a decent amount of money back if you break it, as im asuming its fairly tuned , if not broken why not try storing it somewhere till you have the cash to re-shell it, either way hope it works out for you, i would hate to be in that situation
Old 18-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Blatent no insurance
Fair enough you don't claim if you scrape the bumper or your window gets smashed and you lose the radio... but if you've written off a £12-16K car and won't claim for the sake of a couple of hundred quid extra on your premium...WTF.... you fucking claim!.. unless you have no insurance!?!
..instead would rather sell as a reck for probably around £5K worth
Old 18-03-2006, 01:26 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i spoke to the fella on the phone, he's gutted about it, i'm getting some prices to transport it to me to see if its worth bidding on, so if i do end up buying it, that will be my car on the road a lot sooner, & by posting this thread he;s helped out a P.F. member
Old 18-03-2006, 01:29 PM
cahzz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

mate drop me a PM, theirs a far few bits id like from this car matey.
Old 18-03-2006, 05:31 PM
M.A.D.RST
PassionFord Post Troll

Whats the spec, who done the engine work? Whats the mileage on the car? Owners, history etc...?
Old 19-03-2006, 07:35 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
Fair enough you don't claim if you scrape the bumper but if you've written off a £12-16K car and won't claim for the sake of a couple of hundred quid extra on your premium..instead would rather sell as a reck for probably around £5K worth
That's back to what I posted earlier in the thread.

Yes, it will cost you a bit more next yr. Yes you will lose those NCB, but why lose out on £000's by selling it as it is instead of doing the sensible thing and getting insurance to either pay up or reshell it for you (if they'd do that??). If a breaker buys it you will get even less! (No offence to the breakers: I know that you have a business to run.... )

If you can justify writing off say £6000 (for example) by selling as is, then you have

1: More money than sense, or
2: No insurance at all on it.

My Opinion
Me personally, I'd claim and either get the car back rebuilt via them to how it was/as close to as possible, or if it was scrapped by them use that money to buy another top motor to replace it
Old 19-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

GUZZLER

He is transporting it to you so you can give him a bid

I have offered to buy this car and said i would go to the car asap and offer when i have seen it ( I HAVE OFFERED GOOD MONEY WITHOUT SEEING IT ALSO ) So cant see why he would pay to transport it to you just so you can offer him a price ,. Only saying mate , i could be wrong tho
Old 19-03-2006, 08:30 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

[quote="GUZZLER"]i i'm getting some prices to transport it to me to see if its worth bidding on, quote]

what i meant is i have been seeing how much it works out to transport it back to London before i put a firm bid on it