General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

i pod help?

Search this Thread

Old 17-02-2006, 08:41 AM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i pod help?

Hi all, God I'm a technophobe! I've managed to get 2 CD's onto itubes, but when I check my ipod (30Gb photo) it doesn't have anything? Apparently it puts them on automatically? Help?

Cheers, Andy

(and it also says it only has 28.5Gb on it, surely it should have 30?)
Old 17-02-2006, 01:15 PM
D4NG3R0U5
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The actual formatted capacity of the ipod is less the 30GB, so 28.5 sounds about right. Mine is 20 but is only really 18.5.

Anyway, from what i can guess from your post you have ipod sync turned off. Can't remember exactly how to turn it back on but its in the options somewhere. If you want your ipod to automatically update you will have to turn this on. This basically means that what you have done is dragged the music into your itunes music library and not your actual ipod. In order to put it on you ipod, click the tab at the side of itunes that says "andy's ipod" (or whatever you've named it). The screen should change to the music thats on you ipod, not your music library, (which will currently be nothing) now just drag the tunes into here. Hope this helps