General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Whats the best way to fit polly beam bushes on a 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 23-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Big_Psi_4x4
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best way to fit polly beam bushes on a 4x4?

Going to do these pretty soon on the 4x4 cossie.I was just wondering what the best way of fitting them was,do you need a tool to do them or do they need to be pressed in?
Cheers for any help
Old 23-07-2004, 05:33 PM
SmokeStoner
Part of the Furniture

when i done mine, the front TCA's inner bushes where a whore to get out, i got told you could press them out using a vice and socket on the metal sleeve, fooking no chance mate, so all i done was use a hacksaw to cut the rubber lip of the bush on one side off, then heated the rubber with a blow torch and then using a hammer just eased the old bush out, bit of a bodge way of doing it i know, but unfortunatley the only press i had access to was at my work, and i was in my shed with the cossie in bits on my drive , worked a treat though but it would be easier to just press them out mate.

When i put the new bushes in, i just cleaned the inside of the TCA and then greased the poly bush and pushed it in by hand, piece of piss mate, although mine where deflex bushes i bought of JC Motorsport, top bloke mate highly recommended

The only problem i had was trying to get the TCA's back into the subframe cause the bushes where slightly wider than the gap so i had to remove a tiny ammount from the bushes to make them fit, again greased them up and it was sweet

Watch out for the Anti roll bar ones though mate cause trying to get them back in to arms and then bolt the arm to the car is a fookin bastid!!!!!!! , best get someone to give you a hand mate, plus the ARB mount bushes where huge compared to the old ones, and it was a git trying to get the brackets back over them.

Might of been the way i had done it but it was a fooker of a job, but great results mate, well worth the sweat and tears, oh and the funny looks you get off your neighbors when your under the car swearing your head off

Ok sorry for the huge reply!!!...............You can wake up now lol
Old 23-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you're talking about replacing the rear beam spherical bushes, then the general consesus is....DON'T, as a rigid polybush doesn't do the proper job. If that isn't what you're on about then the above info applies - use a press if available or a ratchet strap can do the same job 'on the car' if you're struggling.