General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Would you be p****d off if?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:21 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you be p****d off if?

You weren't invited to your mates wedding 'cause you were "not suited" to attend. I'll expalin. My mate is getting married in 2 months time and his mrs to be is a little stuck up, now all the lads have been invited , and yes, a few years ago when I was a Squaddie I used to try and get my cock in every photo going. But I am now a father and a dad and things have changed, anyway, his wife has told him I'm not allowed to the wedding. all the lads have there invites except me. It's not the not the fact it's a wedding, but the fact that we all come as a gang, and we all invite each other to our weddings.They both came to mine and we were together at another mates wedding last month!
I recently put a security lighting set up in there house, for free, and laid there shed base, again for free. But the thing is my mate wont even phone me to tell me. All the lads are disgusted, she does have a habit of marching him out of the pub though which I must admit, is very hard not to laugh at, and yes, I am a bit loud, but those on here that know mw know that I'm no harm to anyone, maybe a bit of a lively character who has a laugh, but certainly not one to spoil there day.
On that, it is there day, so yes, if they don't want me, (and my wife and nipper ) there then so be it, but i feel embarrasses for my mate for me to have to ask him what's up. if u know what I mean?

Shall I confront him, her brother is coming on the Prague stag do to make sure I don't shag him I think!!ol.What would ya do. I know I'm not going now even if they do back down.

Andy
Old 09-02-2006, 09:26 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

think your mate is taking notice of his girl friend and she is comming between you and your mate.

not on.

you will have to have a word with your mate.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

if you been invited to the stag, but not the wedding its not on mate.

i had a mate where i used to work, on our skittles team (dont take the piss ) and well, it was his birthday and we got him shitfaced, i left before it got quite bad and he was dropped off outside his gaff, and his bitch wouldnt let him in.

they got amrried etc, but NONE of us were invited and she was SO stuck up we all wanted to chin her

anyway, he was not allowed out EVER after that night lol

fookin wimin
Old 09-02-2006, 09:30 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'd seriously question my friendship with him Andy, if he is not strong enough to stand up and say hang on a minute to his misses then............. and if she has such a low opinion of your behaviour in light of your decent generosity then i would feel she is taking you for a twat,

Like you have said there is a time and a place for childish behaviour and it's not on your mates wedding day but is on his Stag weekend

Mike
Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys a bell end for listening to the stuck up tart. If I was you, I'd be furious
Old 09-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that s just so bang out of order....
Old 09-02-2006, 09:35 PM
s1 2oobhp
PassionFord Regular

nice mate

Trending Topics

Old 09-02-2006, 09:37 PM
XR-RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

amazes me all these blokes that will bow down to what their missus says. most say its 'compromise' i personally think theyre scared of losing the bitch and feel they have to do what she says or shel fuck off with someone else.

Id never change my ways for a bird and if she didnt like it she could do one.

I think thats disgraceful andy. if it was me and you were loud and got your cock out a lot, id still invite you but maybe just have a word and say try not to be your usual self please
Old 09-02-2006, 09:41 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no way is that right mate, i would be well pissed off as well as hurt, def think its the bird writing the invites
Old 09-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Your mate wants to tell his other half bollocks, you're going to the wedding and that's an end of it.

Needs to stand up to her mate, that's what he needs to do. Sounds like he's going to be a tad hen-pecked and a 'yes man'.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:57 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by XR-RS

I think thats disgraceful andy. if it was me and you were loud and got your cock out a lot, id still invite you but maybe just have a word and say try not to be your usual self please
Exactly what my mate said! I've had my nipper at the last few weddings and I'm such a changed guy. The thing is, I'll be up on the dancefloor giving it the YMCA before ya know it, and she's just not that kinda gal, each to there own, and it is there (or her!!!) choice.

Nath, I was in Reading today, should of dropped ya cash off. I'm on nights tuesday and weds if you want to meet up then and collect it.
Andy
Old 10-02-2006, 09:03 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Thats not fair at all. So your good enough to do their 'manual' work for free but not good enought to attend their wedding, I can imagine that must make your wife feel bad too as they were at yours and you were all at the last one together. Don't know how he's got the nerve to expect you to go to the stag do.

Z
Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

That would really upset me
Old 10-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Kop2381
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

out of order mate sounds like hes a bit of a twat
Old 10-02-2006, 10:34 AM
saffsta
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Nath
The guys a bell end for listening to the stuck up tart. If I was you, I'd be furious
Couldnt have put it better myself

But on the other note id say bollox to him and get on with your family and other friends coz when something else turns up thats in your favour you can leave them out of it, tit for tat i know but see how he takes being left out for a stupid reason, what goes around comes around bide your time mate the tables will turn......

Either that or go and remove their security system and tell them if they want it back to bloody pay for it
Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Anonymous
Banned

If my wife had stopped any of my mates going to our wedding, the only person definitely NOT going would have been her !

I had a "mate" like this. There used to be a big group of us went on holiday, pub, weekends away to Newcastle etc. We had a laugh - as you do.

This bloke got a new bird that wasn't from the same area as the rest of us. A bit stuck up in her own mind. When we were all out together, she would get pissed off with all of the stories of "the good old days". So much so, she "encouraged" him to sell HIS house and buy an old run-down property to renovate 50 miles away with her!

2 years later he is still living in this shell of an old house with no mates and no pub nearby
No one sees him now. I know for a fact he is not happy but what can you do?

He's made his bed and will have to lie in it!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:05 AM
TheBishMan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He sounds like a wimp to me but it is only 1 day and not worth losing a mate over...just bill him next time his shed needs repairing!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:11 AM
monkey24
Regular Contributor

send him an invoice for all ther work youve been doing
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Good start to his marriage... being a yes man and under the thumb
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
monkey24
Regular Contributor

get her a 12" strap on for a wedding present....she can realy shaft him then
Old 10-02-2006, 12:18 PM
digita1dragon

Well out of order Andy
I've got a pact with one of my mates that if either of us get some bitch like that it will get taken care of appropriately.
Ive seen it happen to people and I'll be damned if Im gonna let it happen to my close mates.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

perhaps he hasnt spoken to you about it because he is arguing the point with her that you should be there.

to monkey's idea!!

just get on the phone and ask your friend exactly what the problem is with you being there (could be something other than your joyfull personality)

then just kindly point out that friendship is a two way thing aswell as arranging attentee's at a wedding and if this is the treatment you get from a so called mate you have learnt your lesson helping out financially with their living arrangements!! (because in the long run that is exactly what you have done by doing the jobs for them for nothing)

but, at the end of the day Andy ... you should ask do you really want to go to a wedding now where you will be constantly uncomfortable because you will feel like your being watched!!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

That would upset me mate.

Even if you are a 'loud' person thats no reason to not invite someone. Obviously you know when to be sensible too so it's not like your going to ruin their day.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:49 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

have a word with your mate and tell its not fucking on

tell him to stop being a fucking pussy

If he's getting under the thumb now what will he be like a in a year or so

either that or someone put that bint out of her misery and shoot her
Old 10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

The thing is its not your mate is it, He probably feels just as shitty for not inviting you. Its bad for him as he doesent want to upset his wife to be. BUT! All your other mates need to get together when he is there and say "We are a team mate" And if one doesent go then none of us are going

Cheers ben
Old 10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Are the other lads on as a ".... plus one"?

Go with one of them

It's a bit shit mate, I would talk to him about it - but stay calm. At least you'll know where you stand with him.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:24 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That really is a bit shit mate
Old 10-02-2006, 05:28 PM
filthyrichie

turn up anyway gate crash the do...there not going to tell u to leave ....then get yer cock into all the photos

or beat up the vicer and put his dressy thing on and do the service ....with yer cock out
Old 10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
pjv7771

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

with mates like that ...........................!!!!
u should go and stick your cock in her ear
Old 10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
jaimesdna

Originally Posted by filthyrichie
turn up anyway gate crash the do...there not going to tell u to leave ....then get yer cock into all the photos

or beat up the vicer and put his dressy thing on and do the service ....with yer cock out

pmsl ya mates bang out of order, sounds like your the life & soul of the party. maybe your other mates should not go, in protest
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hes not a mate though is he? Certainly wouldn't be mine after that, noway
Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like he shouldn't be marrying her!

She's obviously wrong for him an in a way wrong for the rest of the gang, if u know wot i mean.

Bump her off!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I'd be pissed off too Andy

But then again, i wouldnt not get invited as i aint got a habbit of getting my cock out for the family shots YOU WRONG'EN!

But seriously, what is it with squaddies getting their cocks out?
I know this prick who's a squaddie & that's all her ever fookin does when you go out anywhere & he's had a drink (hence why no one's got any time for him anymore)
Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 PM
lmans123

i know how you feel.my best mate has done the same thing.been close mates for 20 years.im only invited to the reception.dont even want to bother
Old 10-02-2006, 11:21 PM
nigel b
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

andy
if he was any real mate you would be going
dont go to his stag party(even if it will be fun!!!)
send her an invoice for the free work you have done and even if you get invited turn them down

mates(or the wicked other half pmsl)like this you dont need,you would be better off without them
Old 11-02-2006, 12:21 AM
jezRS
PassionFord Regular

women - the problem of everything (sorry girls but it is true!)
Old 11-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by lmans123
i know how you feel.my best mate has done the same thing.been close mates for 20 years.im only invited to the reception.dont even want to bother
As if you would, Its a fucking insult to you mate
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 AM
andyhardy

I'm going to my mate's stag do next weekend - having a whole weekend of it

I would be extremely pissed off if I wasn't invited to the wedding - what a big snub that would be!

Luckily for me and my mate Chris and all his other mates we are all friends with his fiancee as we all met each other at University anyway

TBH - if I wasn't going to the wedding I probably wouldn't go to the stag weekend, it would piss me off too much knowing that I was considered a 'poor' friend by his fiancee!

Just my opinion, I hope you and your friend can remain friends after all this but I seriously think she's going to put an end to it by the sound of things

Andy
Old 11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
_SpeedX_
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

the question is though... if he did change his mind and invite you, would you still want to go? after they said tht i dont think i wud want to go on principle.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:14 AM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Alan Ramsay
If my wife had stopped any of my mates going to our wedding, the only person definitely NOT going would have been her !

I had a "mate" like this. There used to be a big group of us went on holiday, pub, weekends away to Newcastle etc. We had a laugh - as you do.

This bloke got a new bird that wasn't from the same area as the rest of us. A bit stuck up in her own mind. When we were all out together, she would get pissed off with all of the stories of "the good old days". So much so, she "encouraged" him to sell HIS house and buy an old run-down property to renovate 50 miles away with her!

2 years later he is still living in this shell of an old house with no mates and no pub nearby
No one sees him now. I know for a fact he is not happy but what can you do?

He's made his bed and will have to lie in it!
so so true buddy, The stag do is a joint one with another mate, who's a Squaddie so I am invited!lol.Oh, and the strap on idea, such a cool plan !