General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

camera-----6 points.... fcuk up of a bro

Search this Thread

Old 22-07-2004, 05:27 PM
scuddSi
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camera-----6 points.... fcuk up of a bro

right people heres 1 for you

me brother has gone and gone through a red light and been caught on the camera doin 42mph in a 30, result:- six points on the door mat.
hes been drivin for about a year so gets a ban at 6ix points.......
but me mum and dad are also insured on the car

could we just say we dont know who was drivin the car at that time ????? or any other ways round this ??????

cheers people
Old 22-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

most speed camras do take a picture of who is driving so ive been told.
these days its not easy getting away with it and police can demand on finding out who the driver was. not only that its his own fault he did it if the limit is 30mph he should do the limit,when the lights are red he should stop just like most of us do.

a few weeks ago someone one this site said if you want to speed or race do it on the track there are many track days now at a good price.

dont think im being a t**t mate . but i do hope he doesnt get a ban.
Old 22-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you say you dont know who was driving the registered owner/keeper of the car will get the fine and points....
Old 22-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah just tell em you think it was dad who was driving that day if thats what you want to do, they aint gonna be that bothered, personally if it was my son id make him take the points and ban to teach him not to drive like a twat... Or make him pay the fine and insurance for the next 3 years bet it was a corsa
Old 22-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Dave McB
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

U wont get away with it, the registered keeper will kop the fine for it (been in similar situation)

Only way is someone must kop the 6points. Get ur mum or dad to photocopy thier license 5 times then take the rap, and for the next 3 years, if the insurance want a copy of their license, u got a clean (photo)copy.......

OR take the rap, 'misplace' the license, and apply for a new one, et voila, one copy thats clean, and one with 6pts
Old 22-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

erm dave, you realise that the DVLA keep their own records of who's got points dont you?
Old 22-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

jim- nah, don't be silly, as if any government agency would hold records on us
next you'll be saying they know our earnings, and tax us extortionatly when you earn more than 3p!
Old 22-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 22-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Fuck it, he did the crime. It's not a ban, you just have to resit your test is all.

I sure as shit wouldn't take points for anyone else again. I did it for a 'mate' in the same position, and ended up getting banned myself about 3 months later. And fuck all help my 'mate' was then...
Old 23-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Dave McB
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Jim, I know this, Note the use of the word 'copy'

Insurance companies dont bother checkin out your license unless something happens, IE u get done for no insurance etc...
Old 24-07-2004, 12:40 AM
nexus

Originally Posted by Dave McB
OR take the rap, 'misplace' the license, and apply for a new one, et voila, one copy thats clean, and one with 6pts
And when the police happen to stop this particular twat, and run a DVLA check on him (they do person and dvla check and most stop checks), find he is banned, then technically he can do jail time for driving whilst banned, or at very least get it extended to a longer ban.

I say if you can't do the time, dont do the crime, I.E. drive like a twat and speed through a red light, then get what you deserve and stop driving.

My mother was hit by some dosey twat like this when he didnt see the red light and was doing a little faster than this speed according to the police whilst she was pregnant with my sister - luckily both survived but the car was a complete write off and it took the brigade 40 minutes to cut her out, so you'll have to excuse my lack of sympathy for a new driver, who speeds and jumps a red all at the same time.

I personally think he should get banned, and have to retake his test(s) and have to look at footage of the kind of carnage he might create if he isnt as lucky to miss someone next time.
</rant>
Old 24-07-2004, 01:11 AM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

as above the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle will get the points.. in fact ANYONE can take the points as long as they have a driving licence.. it doesnt matter if they were insured or not they just want the money
I got 'banned' for CD10 during my first 2 yrs of driving and had to resit my test.. since then i have been much more carefull and IMO a greatly improved driver for taking the rap..i certainly wont be doing it again, ive learnt my lesson.
Old 24-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

LMAO In my town there is one policeman if ure lucky, Arn't government cuts great!!!