Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

Keep my FRST or buy my bro's 2.0L zetec fiesta xr2i.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 12:10 PM
rich_frst
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep my FRST or buy my bro's 2.0L zetec fiesta xr2i.........

need your help guys!!!
Buy my bro's car or keep my turbo.....

my bro has got a k reg xr2i, 2L zetec, with a few extras, mk 5 fiesta smoothed boot,lexus lights,konis and slammed on pi springs,mondeo 16"x7" 5spoke alloys sprayed diamond white, DTM cup mirrors, huge cut out, fiesta turbo bonnet and rear pop out windows, erst 90' spec recaros, with matching rear bench, K&N, scorpion xorst, clean bodywork, lower millage than my turbo 48K, and a lot of potential for what i wanna do....

he is gonna be selling it soon... lucky bastard has a series 1 round my nans just waiting to be started on.....

my bro's mate wants my car, 91' mercury grey fiesta turbo, 83K miles, big history, 3 owners, ford racing gauges(volts, boost, oil pressure, water temp),AVO coilovers,full magnex xorst,trust air filter,clean body work, re built engine 10K ago,and a few more bits, rare wheels in the pipe line-to go on my car-if i keep it, or on my bro's, also big ford brakes too!!!!!....

my bro's bottom end went on his 2i bout 3 months ago, at the time it was a 2i but with an RS1800 lump, brain, everything, since then he bought a 2L mondeo from the lump to replace his engine with so he can sell it... i bought his RS1800 lump off him to go in my car eventually, i want zetec power, preferably a 2L zetec turbo....

my old man keeps saying to me why not buy your bro's car take what you've offered and the hard part is basically done and i have plenty of change to put towards 'project zetec turbo'......

what do you reckon i should do..... big decision.....
I want his car, wouldn't keep it as it is, sell the lexus lights, loose the white wheels for my 'rare' set, loose the DTM's and put some of my things from my car on his eventually.......

It is a good deal for all really, I get a fiesta with a 2L zetec lump already and some pocket money, my bro's mate gets a sound rs turbo, and my bro gets to start his series 1 with some pocket money also
Old 10-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Notorious_G
Regular Contributor

hmmm
that does sound like quite a tough decision.
if your after a zetec turbo tho wouldnt it be easier to have your bro's cars for the conversion?
personally id sell the rs and have your bro's if you want the zetec turbo
but each to their own
Old 10-09-2004, 01:55 PM
rich_frst
PassionFord Post Troll

it is tough, i love my car to pieces... but it would work better for me to buy my bro's car...
Im swaying towards my bro's car, but there's something wanting me to keep my turbo...
Old 10-09-2004, 03:24 PM
JimmyRS2005
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I've had a fairly similar problem recently...I've spent a couple of years and a few grand building up a standard Fiesta Mk3 up to something quite special, but have finally made the decision to move on. I'll be moving up to a FRST and having a ZVH turbo built. Because I'm moving onwards and upwards, it makes it easier to justify leaving my first car, and my pride and joy behind. If you bought your bro's car, you'd be moving forwards surely. My car's really special to me, as I'm sure yours is. Add up what's more important to you, go over and over it for a few weeks...then it'll be mildly less hazy!!

It'll go something like this:

Problem ...thinking for weeks... ...no outcome after a month ...despair ...then you'll think about selling yours and buying a new car ...then see the light and decide on a plan of action then you'll either be happy with your decision, or kicking yourself for choosing the wrong one 2 weeks down the line when the engine goes bang! /
Old 10-09-2004, 04:44 PM
rich_frst
PassionFord Post Troll

your totally right mate...

Its been going over it a thousand times in my head just thinking what i could do to it; i sware i must of thought about what i wanna do to it more than wheather i wanna buy it, i do deep down

i think hearing more people say 'do it' will help

my old man has said it loads

it will be hard to let me car go but atleast its going to a good home
Old 10-09-2004, 06:01 PM
JimmyRS2005
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

That's a comfort. As long as your car's going somewhere good, and what you're buying is better than what you had, it can't be a bad thing, and everyone can get over losing a car eventually (as much as our female friends will tell us it shouldn't even be an issue! ). I'm gonna be stretching the bank big time, and will have to live with an old banger for a fair few months while the FRST is being built up, but I say you only live once, money is there to be spent, and dreams are there to be realised
Old 10-09-2004, 07:17 PM
StuRST
Regular Contributor

i would have thought it would cost more to turbo your bro's car (as u would need to lower the compression ratio, forged pistons, new management, part loom, and turbo etc), where as on your car all u would have to do it buy and install a zvh lump....also just a thought when u come to sell either, the RS is always going to be worth more, ive seen a fiesta rs 1.8 zvh with 230 bhp Ł4000 or a xr2i with a 2.1 zvh with 250ish bhp at only Ł2700
Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 PM
nthorpey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

DO IT !!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Whatever decision you make - make sure you have a turbo on it I had a rather nippy NA car last time - quicker than a 2ltr Fiesta but god did I miss my FRST. It was running 165bhp but you cannot beat Turbo power IMO I find having to rag NA cars to death to get the power not really my thing.