Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

what to do

Search this Thread

Old 31-07-2005, 08:14 PM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what to do

i am hopefully rebuilding my engine soon to a spec not catered for by a pre programmed chip lol. after i have built the engine how do i go about driving it to a tuner to get it mapped? or is it a trailer job! also what do i do about running it in? i mean if it doesnt have a suitable chip in at the time then surely i shudnt drive it, but then u cud say it not worth getting it mapped until it has been properly run in

help
as i have no idea what to do

cheers
Old 31-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Hectori
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best is to get programmaple ECU, so you can tune your engine. Megasquirt is maybe the cheapest choise. you can get pretty good tune by yourself, when you use wideband lambda to check the mixtures, then just modify your Ecus programming accordingly.

if using just new chip, then i would take car to tuner with trailer. and again to check mixtures when drived 2-5k miles, if you dont have Air/Fuel Ratio gauge.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:15 AM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry i dont no much about the ecu side of things. does this run along side the normal ecu?
Old 01-08-2005, 03:02 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Build it, and give Karl @ Norris Motorsport a line and tell him the spec, he will send you a running in chip, and then once run in take it to him to be live mapped

It's the only way Alex
Old 01-08-2005, 09:09 PM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers guys