Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

turbo screech

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 07:21 PM
chrisa3
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default turbo screech

Just took the cossie for mot today after 1 years resto. passed with flying colours. however, i am getting a screeching noise when the car comes on boost. its a saff 4x4. its obviously a leak somewhere. anyone had any similar issues. just had a brand new turbo core fitted, new manifold to head gaskets etc etc. thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

I had a problems with my 4x4 Cossie squeaking, rather than screeching a few years back.

After a lot of searching and blaming the turbo, it turned out to be the universal joint at the front of the front prop.

It gets dried out by the exhaust and makes all kind of noises!
Old 09-03-2017, 09:20 PM
chrisa3
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark V8
I had a problems with my 4x4 Cossie squeaking, rather than screeching a few years back.

After a lot of searching and blaming the turbo, it turned out to be the universal joint at the front of the front prop.

It gets dried out by the exhaust and makes all kind of noises!
cheers. everything been replaced on the car, front and rear props all reconned. its definately from the turbo. time to start checking hoses etc tomorrow. i read somewhere that the a screeching sound tends to be exhaust side rather than intake side. will try and get a pressure test done as well.