Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

cosworth vibration!

Search this Thread

Old 16-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanasis
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cosworth vibration!

Hello to all,

I would like to ask about my cosworth vibration,so i have replace all stock bushs with polyurethane,the vibration comes from the rear,i have check my wheels 3-4 times and balanced too,my prop shaft have new joints and balanced too,(i have tested my second too),and the car still have the vibration,all mounts,engine,geaρbox,diff are genuine,so my exhaust is magnex and is heavy enough than single mongoose etc..,and i'm thinking due the weight, affect,and give vibration,cause the exhaust mounts are on rear beam and my rear beam have hard-polyurethane bushs,so does anyone have the same problem? also i'm thinking to add exhaust flexi,so what is your opinion?

Thanks a lot
Old 16-12-2012, 06:34 PM
johnnycortina
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a vibration problem on a classic VW once, could not find the reason for it - nearly pulled my hair out. Eventually just happened to note a slight bump on side wall of one tyre on back. Tyre was nearly new. Turned out the wire inside the tyre had split on one side - must have been a manufacturing defect. Put new tyre on and no vibration.
Old 16-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanasis
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnycortina
I had a vibration problem on a classic VW once, could not find the reason for it - nearly pulled my hair out. Eventually just happened to note a slight bump on side wall of one tyre on back. Tyre was nearly new. Turned out the wire inside the tyre had split on one side - must have been a manufacturing defect. Put new tyre on and no vibration.
lol,i have replace 3 times the tyres,always new!!but i think i solved my problem!!i left the rear box with the bushes,then, i have released the middle bushes and i made the brackets closer to the magnex brackets with result the whole system to sits free!