Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

what next

Search this Thread

Old 21-12-2010, 07:45 PM
1cosworth
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what next

hallo everybody ! i need some advise pls. i ve just fitted greys on my cossie including chip ,31 , 3 bar, 1.5 bar max .i ve just come from the road and i have some misfires i guess its cause from the wrong gap in the plugs .i use standart ford items, which will be chenged .must i do any changes in the fuel pressure? i ll set the plug to around 0.6-0.7 thanks
Old 21-12-2010, 09:54 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

get the fuelling checked by a tuner before it blows up! you shouldnt need to alter the fuel pressure at all just make sure your chip is capable of providing enough fuel for your boost level
Old 22-12-2010, 05:42 PM
1cosworth
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the chips sends enough fuel was told by the tuner .but i ve fitted the wrong map sensor . i removed the 2 bar and i fitted the 2 bar again!!!!!! i ve changed it and its all good! i wont be touching the fuel.thanks mate
Old 22-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

And dont mess about with small plug gaps all the time...Get a wasted spark kit.
Old 23-12-2010, 01:05 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

I have OE ignition system and have no problems at all, although wasted spark has advantages, there is a lot of hype surrounding it.

Martin
Old 23-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by martysmartie
I have OE ignition system and have no problems at all, although wasted spark has advantages, there is a lot of hype surrounding it.

Martin
There`s no hype about it...the car drives 100% better through the rev range and say goodbye to miss fire`s.
Old 23-12-2010, 02:02 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's just IMO as I say I have no problems with misfires etc, I agree it has advantages though mainly due to delivering a stronger spark.

Martin

Trending Topics

Old 23-12-2010, 05:38 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmat
There`s no hype about it...the car drives 100% better through the rev range and say goodbye to miss fire`s.
It's massively overhyped as the "cure all" by some people, even when there are no problems that need curing, it came about due to lean mixtures, nothing to do with performance.
Masses of big power cars without coilpack working perfectly, a better coil is a good start, and a sight cheaper than the outrageously priced(imo) coilpack.
tabetha
Old 23-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by tabetha
It's massively overhyped as the "cure all" by some people, even when there are no problems that need curing, it came about due to lean mixtures, nothing to do with performance.
Masses of big power cars without coilpack working perfectly, a better coil is a good start, and a sight cheaper than the outrageously priced(imo) coilpack.
tabetha
Coil pack is 100% better than OE...imo...Ive drove/owned both with and without.
Old 23-12-2010, 10:36 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

+1
Old 23-12-2010, 10:57 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

+1 a spark should only have to jump one gap and that should be at the electrode!

just cus there are lots of big power cars still on a dizzy doesnt mean a coilpack isnt neccesary! a coilpack is a massive improvement over an antiquated dizzy setup that came from noah's arc!!
Old 24-12-2010, 04:30 PM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Going from dizzy to coilpack was something i was interested in and still am but for the cost issue for a WS setup it does start to make you look at the aftermarket ecu route which would also use a coilpack setup .
Old 24-12-2010, 05:21 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

If there are no spark issues then a better spark is not physically able to make anything better, as there is no deficit to overcome, it's massively overhyped by those that pay the overhyped price as with certain other msd products.
I have coilpack myself, the reason was easy, it got rid of the problem prone ignition amp, instead of adding yet another unreliable component like the msd does with have two external amps.
When you can get a ecu supplied fitted and mapped for under £500 that is vastly more capable than a modded std ecu, I know who I think has the common sense, but it's their money.
tabetha
Old 24-12-2010, 05:22 PM
jon@work
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was always under the impression that a wasted spark board & coilpack was better than running a good condition standard style system with "group A" coil, until recently, when I was chatting to someone who knows better (and I trust more) than anyone who uses this site. I now know differently.
Old 24-12-2010, 08:52 PM
jamie's
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
If there are no spark issues then a better spark is not physically able to make anything better, as there is no deficit to overcome, it's massively overhyped by those that pay the overhyped price as with certain other msd products.
I have coilpack myself, the reason was easy, it got rid of the problem prone ignition amp, instead of adding yet another unreliable component like the msd does with have two external amps.
When you can get a ecu supplied fitted and mapped for under £500 that is vastly more capable than a modded std ecu, I know who I think has the common sense, but it's their money.
tabetha
what ecu is under £500 supplied fitted and mapped and by whom?
not takin the piss, genuinly interested
Old 24-12-2010, 08:56 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know he has a Emerald K3 so that one I should think, going back to original question if you have no issues then why bother changing I know I won't be and certainly not for the price either!

Martin