Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 switch on LHS of locking panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
ianbobo
oohmamama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 switch on LHS of locking panel

Hello friends need your help again:

What is the function of the bonnet operated switch found on the LHS of the bonnet locking panel in my 4x4 Sapph cosworth? Alarm?

There is a horn unit fitted just beside the battery towards the LHS inner wing panel, is this supposed to be the alarm hooter? is this an OEM item?

There is a Clifford alarm sticker on door glass. How can I check if the alarm is operative or if it exists at all? I've owned this cossie for 18 months and always wanted to tackle this matter with some help from you mates.

Many thanks.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

If they pop the bonnet you trip the alarm. That switch activates it. The horn is not OEM. It's an entire clifford unit. You can buy remotes online and get it up and working again.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

4x4s have a ford alarm popper fitted, but its on the right hand side as you look into the bonnet, near one of the rubber stoppers? Mine also has a horn thingy beside the battery, its a ford part too.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:38 PM
ianbobo
oohmamama

Originally Posted by pacwest
If they pop the bonnet you trip the alarm. That switch activates it. The horn is not OEM. It's an entire clifford unit. You can buy remotes online and get it up and working again.
There is no wire connected to the slider on the horn so it can never work as it is-- is there a connection I can make myself to enable the alarm horn?

In the centre of the dashboard top surface there is what appears to be an LED which never lights up as things are in my cossie, is this alarm related as well? maybe remote activated? do you have model Nos. for the remote/s which would help me locate the right one?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 08:45 PM
ianbobo
oohmamama

Originally Posted by Paul_RS
4x4s have a ford alarm popper fitted, but its on the right hand side as you look into the bonnet, near one of the rubber stoppers? Mine also has a horn thingy beside the battery, its a ford part too.

Ok RHS looking into the bonnet . Is that horn thingy the one activated when bonnet or a door is popped open?

thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

Well you either have a stock ford alarm with a 1p clifford sticker or someone has swapped out the ford alarm.

I may be mistaken though, I am quite sure Ford did not use Clifford alarms back then.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
silky16v
Get on That!

Originally Posted by ianbobo
Ok RHS looking into the bonnet . Is that horn thingy the one activated when bonnet or a door is popped open?

thanks

factory fitted ford alarm the led on the dash is for the alarm (if it still works) and the horn by the battery is a factory fit item if the door, bonnet, boot is opened.

You most likely not still have the ford alarm wired in and someone may have fitted an after market clifford alarm
Old 13-09-2009, 05:34 AM
ianbobo
oohmamama

Anyone got wiring diagram for the factory fitted Ford alarm and would like to share it? Your help is appreciated .