Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Problem with brakes. (3 door)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
englandbrad
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Problem with brakes. (3 door)

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on a problem i've got with the brakes on my 3 door.

Hopefully it's only something sillly.

Right,

I have related the problem to the loom melting against the turbo after i decided to test drive drive it without the turbo heatshield fitted!!!! this is now sorted. (but as the cars been off the road a few years it could be unrelated and problem already there)
The ABS pump started running contiously when the ignition is on and the ABS light is on permently and the pedal vibrated when pressed.
I have managed to get the pump to stop running (but all i did was remove the plugs and reconnect whilst car running) and the pedal dosn't vibrate but is very firm and the light are still on.
The calipers have been reconditioned, the lines have been bleed so they are fine but the brakes are very poor.

The relay is also fine.

Should the ABS pump start and go off on the ignition, will the ABS pump start if i stamp on the pedal when stationary?

Any help appriciated.

Any ideas?